• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Ok well the addition of monthly missions is pretty cool. 10k FM for 20 ranked wins and 20k for 40. Got me playing ranked again at least. Its still messed up in that winning one match counts as 2 wins for no reason that makes sense so its easier than it sounds.

Anyway additional missions is a nice extra. Only need 25k to get the million trophy which i could just do with trials but still.

Shadoken

The problem with characters like Urien,Laura,Rog... compared to other top characters like Karin,Necalli,Guile..etc. Is that with those 3 it is frustrating to play against bad players as much as it is to play against good players.

A high level player might have found a gap in your offense and done a correctly timed poke->VT do a mixup and kill you.

But at the same time , even a scrub could just do something completely random at this situation and get the same result.
I feel like those 3 characters significantly boost a player's strength at low-mid-high level of play. Maybe they aren't as strong at the very highest level of play , but damn are they hella annoying.

That works. But I'd personally replace Ibuki with Laura. It is very important to remember that Laura has a 2-bar V-Trigger, and she has 1k health. She can activate V-Trigger twice in a single round.

inb4 "But she needs it tho"

kirblar

Sean's basically a lock for S4 if this is the S3 list, last SF3 character anyone gives a shit about to not get a repeat appearance. Makes sense that they wouldn't want 3 shoto variants in S3.

Chase17

Does the S2 pass ever go on sale? I still haven't picked it up yet and am wondering if I should hold off. Noticed it was absent from the capcom sale this week, though the deluxe edition was only like $40 lol.

HardRojo

Was watching some matches on YouTube and this Kolin swimsuit mod popped up.
Whoever did it, cut it out with the overly jiggly boobs, will ya? Doesn't help that they look like balloons rather than actual boobs.

Skab

I want to believe in those leaks. I'd switch to Oro in a heartbeat.

Hopefully they would keep the mechanic from 3rd strike where you can break out his second arm to do stonger/slightly different supers. Always thought that was cool.

MrCarter

Assuming that the S2 & 3 leaks are accurate, the representation split would be...

• SFI: Ryu, Ken, Birdie, Sagat
  • SFII: Chun-Li, Guile, Dhalsim, Zangief, M. Bison, Balrog, Vega, Cammy
  • SFA: Charlie Nash, Karin Kanzuki, Rainbow Mika, Sakura
  • SFIII: Alex, Ibuki, Urien, Oro, Necro, Q
  • SFIV: Juri, Crimson Viper
  • SFV: Rashid, Necalli, Laura, F.A.N.G, Ed, Kolin, Abigail, Menat, Zeku

SFV would still outnumber the others in reps, unless you get technical and list Kolin, Ed, & Zeku as SFIII, IV, & Alpha respectively.

That would be a very nice cast indeed. Let's go Abigail!

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
My Hori FC4 has basically stopped working with SFV today. During Trials it would hold certain inputs randomly. I tried reconfiguring it, restarting the game, restarting my PC, deleting input.ini, but nothing worked. It just won't recognize that I'm pressing buttons on the d-input controller config screen. When I check the controller buttons in Windows' Devices and Printers control panel everything works.

Could a Steam update have done this? That's the only thing that's changed on my computer in the last couple of days. I had been doing trials just fine since the CFN update launched.

Advice?

edit: just checked the previous page. Village may have saved me.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Edit: through round about fuckery, I now have parts of the controllers I have working. its as weird as it sounds.

I'm going to have dig it and figure out what the fuck steam did to the controlers.

Edit: GOT IT

Figured out the problem for anyone else this happens to, SFV uses the Steam PC Desk top controls and the steam specific game controls. Why I don't know capcpom. I guess anywho, yeah mess with both of them. Also bonus I can now use that ps3 stick I like with the jiggly trigger because I moved the sensitivity down

Can you explain in a bit more detail how to set this up correctly? I've never even looked at Steam's controller settings before.

cackhyena

I..think I just found something strange? Maybe not, but I haven't played Ryu in a long time. I can cr mp>cr lp into tatsu. First, I didn't even know that was a thing after beta 1. The weird thing is after I hit V Trigger, it seemingly will not let me do that link of cr mp>cr lp.

My only guess is they lengthened the hitbox of lp? Still strange that Trigger won't allow it.

HardRojo

Thing is the CFN site has some nice info regarding characters and costumes, along with some hilarious comments, but for some reason Capcom doesn't implement that stuff in the actual game.

Producer

Ed players love doing his ex dp. It seems like it has alot of startup like uriens ex headbutt, maybe there are some safe meaty setups to be found for it

Village

Can you explain in a bit more detail how to set this up correctly? I've never even looked at Steam's controller settings before.

What do you want to know. Because I spent the day screwing with it, and now i've got on controls to ignore certain issues.

Though the rumble function in saints row 3 and 4 just doesn't work. Weird

Chun-Li's Trial 8 Vol. 2 seems physically impossible on pad. Like, I am holding down the INSTANT sMP starts to come out after the dash and yet I don't have enough charge for the SBK once crMK connects. I dunno what I'm doing wrong; turning inputs on shows that I am indeed holding down immediately after the MP and I'm not flubbing the input or anything...

Assuming that the S2 & 3 leaks are accurate, the representation split would be...

• SFI: Ryu, Ken, Birdie, Sagat
  • SFII: Chun-Li, Guile, Dhalsim, Zangief, M. Bison, Balrog, Vega, Cammy
  • SFA: Charlie Nash, Karin Kanzuki, Rainbow Mika, Sakura
  • SFIII: Alex, Ibuki, Urien, Oro, Necro, Q
  • SFIV: Juri, Crimson Viper
  • SFV: Rashid, Necalli, Laura, F.A.N.G, Ed, Kolin, Abigail, Menat, Zeku

SFV would still outnumber the others in reps, unless you get technical and list Kolin, Ed, & Zeku as SFIII, IV, & Alpha respectively.
This is a stupid dope mix.

I approve.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
What do you want to know. Because I spent the day screwing with it, and now i've got on controls to ignore certain issues.

Though the rumble function in saints row 3 and 4 just doesn't work. Weird

I just went back to using x360ce with my Hori FC4 and everything's fine now. I tried messing with Steam's general and SFV specific controller settings and nothing worked.

Fuck Valve for whatever they did and fuck Capcom for however they implemented their directinput support.

And fuck me for buying this pad just moments before they released the new version with x-input support.

Producer

Chun-Li's Trial 8 Vol. 2 seems physically impossible on pad. Like, I am holding down the INSTANT sMP starts to come out after the dash and yet I don't have enough charge for the SBK once crMK connects. I dunno what I'm doing wrong; turning inputs on shows that I am indeed holding down immediately after the MP and I'm not flubbing the input or anything...

It is a late cancel off the crMK into sbk

Blueblur1

I'd suggest everyone should have a healthy amount of skepticism toward the Reddit rumor. At first I was super excited and ready to believe it but then I started reading the MvCI portion. I also highly doubt Valle would leak the character roster like that. If he knows anything ahead of time I'd imagine it would be a character or two, but definitely not six.

The "leak" could've easily been thrown together by someone who's been paying attention to forums and which characters have appeared in SFV's character stories. Personally, I only think its safe to expect Season 3 (in general), Sagat, and some kind of additional playable game content surprise (Arcade, Extra Battle, or New Cinematic Story). I would love for Sneaker's recent hints to be real as well but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

I can tell you that I am excited to see the rest of the content this year will bring: the new CPT stage, the remaining new characters (I definitely believe in Abigail, Menat, and Zeku), and whatever surprise additions or improvements that may come (like the CFN update).

Village

As far as that leak goes, all I want well besides more story mode, is other critical arts. If that's real, thats a whole other level of meta that will strait force other styles of gameplay.

I just went back to using x360ce with my Hori FC4 and everything's fine now. I tried messing with Steam's general and SFV specific controller settings and nothing worked.

Fuck Valve for whatever they did and fuck Capcom for however they implemented their directinput support.

And fuck me for buying this pad just moments before they released the new version with x-input support.
I mean while i'm upset at this update, it did allow for me to just with options essentially fix controlers with one flaw .

Capcom though, yeah its weird. A lot of things is weird with this game man.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

If the trials have reminded me of anything, it's that the execution in this game may not be as hard as SFIV but it isn't trivial either. There's a lot of stuff in Trials that requires much tighter timing than I'm used to as a Ken player. His execution (as far as timing goes, at least) is basically easy mode.

Anyway, I did all of Chun's trials on a pad and I'm sure the one you're talking about took a lot of effort, but I eventually got it.

HardRojo

Lmao, it's one of those "cool but not cool"things. Also, I'd love a mandatory "first to two" option. So many people run.
That'd be hard to implement. What if the other person didn't have a good experience and it was laggy for them? They would certainly not want to go for another match.

That'd be hard to implement. What if the other person didn't have a good experience and it was laggy for them? They would certainly not want to go for another match.
True. It's just irritating to want to play a set with someone, but win or lose, they just run. I love the whole second and third game "adjustment" that goes on. Assuming the connection is good, as you said.

paolo11

I'd suggest everyone should have a healthy amount of skepticism toward the Reddit rumor. At first I was super excited and ready to believe it but then I started reading the MvCI portion. I also highly doubt Valle would leak the character roster like that. If he knows anything ahead of time I'd imagine it would be a character or two, but definitely not six.

The "leak" could've easily been thrown together by someone who's been paying attention to forums and which characters have appeared in SFV's character stories. Personally, I only think its safe to expect Season 3 (in general), Sagat, and some kind of additional playable game content surprise (Arcade, Extra Battle, or New Cinematic Story). I would love for Sneaker's recent hints to be real as well but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

I can tell you that I am excited to see the rest of the content this year will bring: the new CPT stage, the remaining new characters (I definitely believe in Abigail, Menat, and Zeku), and whatever surprise additions or improvements that may come (like the CFN update).

Question, what did Sneaker's hint?

When Mika hits me with the drop kick as birdie and I block that shit, what should I be doing? Drawing a blank at how to fight that at the moment.

Top Bottom