• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

mbpm1

Isn't that like all SFV cast? And Ed has decent AAs but then again defensive play in SFV.

Not Karin, Balrog, Urien, Cammy, and a few others.

Comparably his normals are around Kolin range, but he has more recovery on his normals that fulfill similar roles so he gets jumped in on more easily if he tries to neutral. No buffer ability bc his specials whiff at max range so his pokes carry zero risk if connected on hit or block.

It's just harder to play any sort of neutral even in sfv with him. He's like an injustice character. Throw fireballs at max range or dash in

HardRojo

Gotta add that http:// like so: [IMG]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwkcC0KCUAAXMdQ.jpg[/IMG]

If done correctly, this happens:
BwkcC0KCUAAXMdQ.jpg
Lol something so simple that totally went over my head. Thanks.

JusDoIt

Wait how does any of that translate to anything lol

I have no idea how to read that.

There are 1000 milliseconds in a second. Fighting games run at 60 frames per second, so you calculate the duration of a frame with 1000/60. That's 16.7ms for one frame. So if SFV's input delay is listed at 88.6ms, you divide that by 16.7ms to figure out the frames. What you get is 5.3 frames of delay for SFV on PS4.

It's super weird bc Tekken Tag 2 had a tutorial, and trials and shit. But this game has nothing?

People are going to get blown up and not even know what high mid and low is.
The game looks like it was rushed out the door. Tag 2 was a complete package and more with no season pass.

There are 1000 milliseconds in a second. Fighting games run at 60 frames per second, so you calculate the duration of a frame with 1000/60. That's 16.7ms for one frame. So if SFV's input delay is listed at 88.6ms, you divide that by 16.7ms to figure out the frames. What you get is 5.3 frames of delay for SFV on PS4.

Then SF4 was 3.5 then?

Something seems off.

kirblar

Then SF4 was 3.5 then?

Something seems off.
A lot of the stuff w/ S1 was obviously designed w/ the greater delay in mind, but I wonder if the game wouldn't just "feel" better for people if they literally added +1 or +2 frames of startup onto every move to make it similar to SF4 in practice.

ElFly

it's impossible for the delay to be in fractional frames

unless it is an average and in some frames is more and in others less

I assume the "3.5" frames of delay is due to the measurement method

Gosh darn those second set of Vega trials, just for the whole claw switch into crouching medium punch into EX flying Barcelona.
That last bit just kept going into the quarter circle roll-a-majig, everytime I tried the motion outside the full combo it was fine.
Oh well got there in the end, much satisfaction.

Sayad

The game looks like it was rushed out the door. Tag 2 was a complete package and more with no season pass.
T7 story mode look like it took a lot more work than all of TTT2's side content combined. Also, TTT2 tutorial mode get a lot of points for effort, but that shit really wasn't good at teaching Tekken. Something like a 2 minutes random video tutorial is more valuable than the all of TTT2 tutorials.

Input delay should do one more test on these games. Wouldn't hurt.

Also, would adding 1 or 2 more frames make it so people could react? That's the problem people have with it, yeah?

JusDoIt

The numbers are from a thread Noodalls started on Shoryuken. Someone has posted a little while ago telling Noodalls his numbers might be off.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discuss...e-method-games-controllers-etc-inj2-ps4-added

His numbers are the numbers we're basing Tekken 7's delay on. Who else is checking this stuff besides Noodalls and DisplayLag? DisplayLag's database is being redone right now, but their results come out very different and I don't know who to trust. Regardless of who is right, whenever one of them report their findings it gets taken as law around the FGC.

kirblar

Input delay should do one more test on these games. Wouldn't hurt.

Also, would adding 1 or 2 more frames make it so people could react? That's the problem people have with it, yeah?
Yeah, it would help - you could see a massive difference in how people were playing after the frame delay changes in S1 came in - Ken/Nash both got a lot worse in pro play because people could react to more of their stuff. (I think they also must have fixed Ken's weird 1.0 quirk where he had one less frame of hitstop than he should have on everything, but i could be wrong on that one.)

The game's deliberately designed about needing to be predictive instead of reactive though. I think the pacing issues largely boil down to the fact that screen positioning isn't reset to neutral enough. The stubby normals and pacing are designed to keep people close and it's suffocating. Hopefully SSFV can help there.

Sayad

The numbers are from a thread Noodalls started on Shoryuken. Someone has posted a little while ago telling Noodalls his numbers might be off.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discuss...e-method-games-controllers-etc-inj2-ps4-added
Noodalls numbers are still very useful, input delay test are really hard to get consistent results from and any deference in the hardware used could give deferment results. But as long as anyone keep using the same test method with the same hardware to test different games, then their results should be reliable enough to at least get an idea about the games input lag.

If you compare Noodalls tests to say, display lag tests, the result would still show that:
Xrd is about two frames faster than SFV
KoF is about one frame faster than SFV
Tekken 7 is 2 or 3 frames slower than SFV, etc...

I just want the numbers to be lower so there can be another blowout. During that middle period where 6.5 just got confirmed, people were still clamoring on about 8.

Like Gootecks.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Yup yup yup. It's being backed by Bornfree and others as lining up w/ what they've heard.

Huh, good to know! Just surprised there isn't much talk on it, or a big "RUMORC topic on the main game page, like there was for Marvel. (This is it a bit smaller scale in comparison, but still).

kirblar

Huh, good to know! Just surprised there isn't much talk on it, or a big "RUMORC topic on the main game page, like there was for Marvel. (This is it a bit smaller scale in comparison, but still).
The source is sort of...not the best lol. We're only seriously considering it because Sneakers/BornFree and others are all backing it up to various degrees.

T7 story mode look like it took a lot more work than all of TTT2's side content combined. Also, TTT2 tutorial mode get a lot of points for effort, but that shit really wasn't good at teaching Tekken. Something like a 2 minutes random video tutorial is more valuable than the all of TTT2 tutorials.
Lets agree to disagree...lol

Gosh darn those second set of Vega trials, just for the whole claw switch into crouching medium punch into EX flying Barcelona.
That last bit just kept going into the quarter circle roll-a-majig, everytime I tried the motion outside the full combo it was fine.
Oh well got there in the end, much satisfaction.

They were easy but i am Vega main so I had no problems, I am doing Ken's trial, the one with the D.HP CC, into Fireball then max hold V-trigger is annoying me right now taking a break.. :)

I just want the numbers to be lower so there can be another blowout. During that middle period where 6.5 just got confirmed, people were still clamoring on about 8.

Like Gootecks.

It's a real issue. Ken's fadc dp on block is like -8 and it can be hard to punish like Rashid's light mixer.
dHdx8AL_d.jpg

Kashiwaba

Man after spending about 12 hours into Tekken 7, i can tell one thing this game is actually getting a free pass from most reviewers for some reason, either because it's mashing​ friendly and beginners level or because it has a kinda long story mode otherwise it's making the same mistakes as SFV did and more when it launched:

-short one fight character stories.
-unplayable online (far worse than SFV launch at least on PS4).
-the game has lots of bugs and performance issues.
-huge input lag.

MrCarter

Man after spending about 12 hours into Tekken 7, i can tell one thing this game is actually getting a free pass from most reviewers for some reason, either because it's mashing​ friendly and beginners level or because it has a kinda long story mode otherwise it's making the same mistakes as SFV did and more when it launched:

-short one fight character stories.
-unplayable online (far worse than SFV launch at least on PS4).
-the game has lots of bugs and performance issues.
-huge input lag.

I mean they still have arcade and story (albeit a shit one) in the initial package so that's something. I've realised most FG reviewers don't know anything about them and if they have even a little casual content they will give good reviews. SFV reviewed surprisingly well but people created a shit storm because it's "Capcom".

kirblar

I don't think Sneakers said he backed the rumor.
He was replying to stuff about it as though as it was in the ballpark. (the S3 roster + story/arcade/etc stuff lines up w/ what he's been saying for a while.) But no he didn't come back and explicitly say "yes this is 100%" like he did w/ Ryce's list.

In training mode with Akuma and it feels like I need zero execution to do anything of value with him. Even if you jump over someone with the command jump, he just auto corrects lol

I actually like this version of him, but damn, I wish he needed a little more execution. Nothing is satisfying to pull off.

I mean they still have arcade and story (albeit a shit one) in the initial package so that's something. I've realised most FG reviewers don't know anything about them and if they have even a little casual content they will give good reviews. SFV reviewed surprising well but people created a shit storm because it's "Capcom".

All the offline content is pretty shit aside from treasure battle though, the bs AI sours the whole thing.

HardRojo

In training mode with Akuma and it feels like I need zero execution to do anything of value with him. Even if you jump over someone with the command jump, he just auto corrects lol

I actually like this version of him, but damn, I wish he needed a little more execution. Nothing is satisfying to pull off.
I'd actually claim he's a very good character to start off with in SFV, his combos hit hard and most of them are very easy to perform, plus he has decent pokes and a good cross up.

MCD250

Supposedly they've datamined a hoodless version of Balrog's default costume in the new patch, it looks the same as what was seen in the projections of the character models from Eleague. Some folks are theorizing that maybe that means the default costumes will get secret code alternate versions too.

Producer

Lol i feel you. If you want execution (for sfv standards) you gotta play a charge character like urien or chun

I'd actually claim he's a very good character to start off with in SFV, his combos hit hard and most of them are very easy to perform, plus he has decent pokes and a good cross up.

For the casual fan, I'd say yes. I feel like someone wanting to become a Street Fighter enthusiast would get a few bad habits playing with such a powerful Shoto like him though. Generally speaking, of course.

Lol i feel you. If you want execution (for sfv standards) you gotta play a charge character like urien or chun
I play FANG (currently level 45, ultra silver), so I have enough problems as it is.

Akuma's true test is when you eat a single combo and you have to survive with a sliver of health for the rest of the round.

Supposedly they've datamined a hoodless version of Balrog's default costume in the new patch, it looks the same as what was seen in the projections of the character models from Eleague. Some folks are theorizing that maybe that means the default costumes will get secret code alternate versions too.

I fucking hope so. That'd be neat.

Top Bottom