• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Since the update the UE4 errors on PC for me has gotten worse, used to be every 4-5 times i saw the error now it's every time i close the game, anyone getting similar errors?

Scotia

Banned
Sean's basically a lock for S4 if this is the S3 list, last SF3 character anyone gives a shit about to not get a repeat appearance. Makes sense that they wouldn't want 3 shoto variants in S3.

Yeah, this is the other reason why I'm really hyped about this potential leak. If Oro, Q and Necro are in the next season then the only 'SF3-character-not-in-SF4' is Sean, Remy and Twelve, and I imagine most people don't want the latter two back if they had to chose one (though I wouldn't mind Remy eventually).

Blueblur1

Hopefully more details or some proof will come out between now and December that will support the leak. Sneakers did also tease a new story content reveal at Capcom Cup (and/or PlayStation Experience?). Something's got to be coming.

Neoxon

Hopefully more details or some proof will come out between now and December that will support the leak. Sneakers did also tease a new story content reveal at Capcom Cup (and/or PlayStation Experience?). Something's got to be coming.
I'm not sure if he said anything along those lines. You may be thinking of the supposed X-Kira datamining.

Sounds like me and Killer Instinct.
PC though.

Playing Killer Instinct really puts the "bullshit" in SFV in perspective lol. Cinder has a thing where for 10-seconds at a time, he's "fired up". While he's fired up, you can't punish his meterless invincible DP unless you spend meter.

zenspider

Since the update I'm getting 40002 errors, kicked off the server, and wierd rollback on like hits to turned blocks during mixups in otherwise smooth matches.

100 down 30 up wired connection.

Any advice?

Is BornFree really in the know? I find it hard to watch that guy's videos. His interviews can be pretty rough, and he seems to always have a negative slant to his stuff. Seems like a nice enough guy, though.

He doesn't say much negative about SFV at all. It's mostly people he is interviewing talk smack about this game. It's no surprise lot of pros don't like this game.

Long-time lurker and Rashid player here,
decided to post to get some noob questions clarified:

1. I noticed that some characters seem to be able to stuff my EX DP with some meaty attacks (that Akuma punch, Alex's forward step kick etc.). Why can these attacks stop an invincible move? I thought that was the point of spending meter to get an uninteruptable attack that the oponent has to block.

2. Does every character have a meaty attack that can interupt any EX DP? If so, what is Rashid's meaty?

3. How do you defend against those short range flip+throw attacks from Akuma or Cammy?

I didn't get FM by finishing a whole character trials yesterday.
HELP!

It didn't come late, they're just not gonna give FM for finishing Chun-li trials.
I did Ryu one's and got the money, goddamn...

I also didn't get fight money for viewing Birdie's vol. 2 demonstration. All the others triggered normally, but Birdie won't even after repeatedly watching it.

MCD250

Long-time lurker and Rashid player here,
decided to post to get some noob questions clarified:

1. I noticed that some characters seem to be able to stuff my EX DP with some meaty attacks (that Akuma punch, Alex's forward step kick etc.). Why can these attacks stop an invincible move? I thought that was the point of spending meter to get an uninteruptable attack that the oponent has to block.
They can't. EX DPs are fully invincible from the first frame and can't be stuffed by anything (except Kolin's counters). You might be mistiming your move or not inputting it correctly.

2. Does every character have a meaty attack that can interupt any EX DP? If so, what is Rashid's meaty?
See above.

3. How do you defend against those short range flip+throw attacks from Akuma or Cammy?
You can hit them out of the air before they grab you. Pretty much any decent anti-air will do.

They can't. EX DPs are fully invincible from the first frame and can't be stuffed by anything (except Kolin's counters). You might be mistiming your move or not inputting it correctly.

See above.

You can hit them out of the air before they grab you. Pretty much any decent anti-air will do.

Thanks for the quick reply! Seems like I'll have to improve my DP timing.

ArjanN

PC though.

Playing Killer Instinct really puts the "bullshit" in SFV in perspective lol. Cinder has a thing where for 10-seconds at a time, he's "fired up". While he's fired up, you can't punish his meterless invincible DP unless you spend meter.

From watching combo-breaker those sticky bombs he can throw seemed to be able to completely kill the pace of a match,

Infiltration is now officially a family man:
DBYBHvmVwAAYlk6.jpg:large
https://twitter.com/efpoongko/status/870884870548934656

myco666

Now thats a pretty location to get married in.

When Mika hits me with the drop kick as birdie and I block that shit, what should I be doing? Drawing a blank at how to fight that at the moment.

Like everyone else, guess. Either block or hold up. V-reversal is probably good too.

I guess I should be smart and not get hit by a fully charged drop kick in the first place with Birdie tho. I could have just let her whiff and punish that shit (with what? time to go to the lab) since I had the space but I'm a moron just taking it the whole match.

myco666

I guess I should be smart and not get hit by a fully charged drop kick in the first place with Birdie tho. I could have just let her whiff and punish that shit (with what? time to go to the lab) since I had the space but I'm a moron just taking it the whole match.

Maybe backdash, st.mp xx m.bullhead when you see it? Not sure if that will make it whiff though. Then you have options like ex bullhorn and ex chain to catch it when you see it but those require meter and bullhorn obviously requires that you have a charge ready.

For Ryu players:https://twitter.com/ProsodiJ/status/870760403688505344

For TheSpoiler: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-7glDT3ghg
From watching combo-breaker those sticky bombs he can throw seemed to be able to completely kill the pace of a match,
He's a hit and run character so it's supposed to be like that. Getting a hit on him before he explodes the cheesy poofs gets rid of them so it's not that bad.

What's worse is he has a move that behaves as a fireball that keeps spraying fire, that move is -3 (or -4?) and HITS LOW. And it has range equivalent to a st.hp. That character is so stupid man, it's not even funny. It feels like I have to outplay a Cinder multiple times while he just gets to chuck the cheesy poofs willy nilly with the ocassional forward air dash, overhead, mixup or that stupid flame move.

Sinfamy

I was 300 points away from Gold with Vega until a flock of laggy Kens brought me back down.
I gotta stop rematching everyone.

So they possibly are making a shirtless Rog?

Yesssssss Kira don't be fucking with me now

Maybe backdash, st.mp xx m.bullhead when you see it? Not sure if that will make it whiff though. Then you have options like ex bullhorn and ex chain to catch it when you see it but those require meter and bullhorn obviously requires that you have a charge ready.

Yeah if you aren't too close you can cr mp but most get right in your face anyway

yurinka

Do you mean this SSFV reports, by the guy who is supposed to be leaking S2 and S3 characters plus upcoming new features?
Season 2's remaining characters are Abigail, Menat, and Zeku.
A second cinematic story mode is happening. The base roster plus the Season 1 characters were prologues for the general cinematic story mode. Season 2 character's story modes for Akuma, Ed, and Kolin, which all take place after A Shadow Falls are prologues for the second cinematic story mode.
Ready for the biggest of bombshells? Super Street Fighter V is happening.
But it'll be a free update.
It won't make the base game useless either. It's really nothing more than an update. A glorified one, but an expansion none the less.
But what does SSFV contain? Lets run that down, shall we?
It adds:
Arcade Mode
Extra Battle
Some kind of PvE mode against the Illuminati
Some expanding on the existing mechanics
New Critical Arts
But it doesn't end there. SSFV brings with it a UI overhaul, and maybe more than that too.
You're probably curious of the characters too, huh? Those 6 will be Sagat, Sakura, Oro, C. Viper, Q, and Necro.
If you want a laugh, Street Fighter vet Alex Valle already leaked them "accidentally" (though it seems he just didn't care) on Twitter already. He never bothered deleting it either in case you don't believe me.
https://twitter.com/thealexvalle/status/861748487062523904
So there you have it. SSFV is a thing and will be announced likely by year's end at Capcom Cup's conclusion. Believe me. Don't. I don't care. But you would be wise to keep this all on record.

MrCarter

By the way, FANG just won the third Red Bull Proving Grounds Online tournament.

https://www.twitch.tv/redbullesports

Nice. This new patch may be his time to shine.

Hmm I dunno. I don't think these guys who are known in the community should actually say anything unless they know for sure. Otherwise it will just lead to nothing and thier credibility will go down the drain.

MrCarter

He doesn't say much negative about SFV at all. It's mostly people he is interviewing talk smack about this game. It's no surprise lot of pros don't like this game.

Not all of them are negative that's true, he only wants what's best for the game and the series in general. I also don't think "a lot" of pros don't like this game - they are much more receptive of the new patch and seeing where it takes certain characters. Hopefully the rumoured "new update" brings more variety too.

cackhyena

I was trying to mash reversal through Guile's point blank super last night with Rog. Somehow I hit one of his target combos and that worked. I laughed. That guy had me at a sliver of health. I came back and won the round. That shouldn't happen, right?

Going through Ed's trials yesterday really had me thinking that Capcom are onto something with those inputs as far as accessibility goes, while I still had to get the timing and memorisation down it was nice to know I didn't have to worry about getting motions wrong or inadvertently pulling out the wrong one trying to get them out in a hurry.
At least for us controller peasants it's a nice angle.

Scotia

Banned
Not like the "leaked" roster is helping Capcom on MVC:I

Trying to cover the wound with SSFV would be insult to injury

How? If what the leak says about SSFV is true than it does a lot of what people wanted Capcom to do with the game.

Or is it an insult to injury because you deem it to be.

I have 0 faith that a "SSFV" update will fix the game. They'll probably add more stupid offense-oriented shit which just replaces the top tiers with the new ones, while the same bullshit that everyone's complaining about will still be in the game. Low tier characters will remain low tier.

Top Bottom