• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Damn, I actually made it to gold with FANG. That's kinda good, right? That has to mean I'm at least not terrible. Maybe average, but not terrible.

joe2187

Banned
Should I get the CPT 2017 bundle or the Season 2 pass?

Or should I wait till we see the new CPT stage and or the Season 2 pass goes on sale?

MrCarter

Should I get the CPT 2017 bundle or the Season 2 pass?

Or should I wait till we see the new CPT stage and or the Season 2 pass goes on sale?

The latter. I'm waiting to see the stage before I buy the CPT bundle and hoping the S2 pass goes on sale so I can save my FM for stages.

What system are you on? Character pass 2 might go on sale during steam summer sales, but other than that it prolly won't until character pass 3.

MrCarter

What system are you on? Character pass 2 might go on sale during steam summer sales, but other than that it prolly won't until character pass 3.

Me? PS4. I know, that's my worry as the same happened last year with S1. I'm intrigued to see the new CPT stage though, hopefully they don't use any re-used NPC's in the background like the current one.

joe2187

Banned
Me? PS4. I know, that's my worry as the same happened last year with S1. I'm intrigued to see the new CPT stage though, hopefully they don't use any re-used NPC's in the background like the current one.

You're too optomistic

They would have 100% of my money of the CPT bundle if it at least included CPT 2016 stage.

Wasn't it touching how Rog was sounding teary-eyed in his speech as Ed was leaving to go on his own in his character story? Maybe that's why he's so tier strong, because the real nerf was the one they gave to his heart. ;~;

Edzi

Wasn't it touching how Rog was sounding teary-eyed in his speech as Ed was leaving to go on his own in his character story? Maybe that's why he's so tier strong, because the real nerf was the one they gave to his heart. ;~;

No lie, that character story legitimately endeared me to Balrog.

Village

No lie, that character sorry legitimately endeared me to Balrog.

I have always liked rog the most out of the four kings, i like sagat and I love bison. But forwhatever reason I was always impressed some asshole who could box real good got in with a super evil crime syndicate.

Instances like this, and the last game where he seems to know shadowloo is going down the toilet and was gonna take his shit and run.

Rog like sagat for me is an actual character instead of a cartoonist almagamation of a bad guy, yes that character is a money grubbing scum bag, but its a character and there are interesting aspects of his character. As opposed to creep ass spanish ninja , and psycho dictator.

I never thought I would say this about rog.

It's a great touch. I like how they both hold up their fist at the start of their supers, in particular.

My favorite is that ed just strait up has rog moves with the same utility. Crush counter low heavy punch, heavy punch special.

Also their taunts are simular

Yeah I really enjoy the agency they've given Rog in his SF4 end cutscenes and what we've seen of him in V. He used to just be a faux-Mike Tyson caricature, but now they've actually given him some empathetic qualities and made him out to be more than a goon.

Can't say the same about Vega though, he's pretty much the same fuckboy he's always been.

I honestly thought Ed would get along better with Vega than Balrog, if Vega didn't hold hatred for everyone. Figured Balrog would have haymaker'ed him into oblivion because of his sarcastic attitude.

Village

Vega is just a creep ass weirdo. FANG day 1 had more character than Vega.

I wonder what FANG and Vega will do now that normal shadowloo is dead , and Ed is walking around with His cousin, a human peice of brocoli and One of the gorillaz from clint eastwood.

Maybe go after him? Try to force him to be bison? Fang will probably do that, dunno about vega he isn't rog where the cause is rogs wallet. But he didn't seem that down for the cause, he always seemed like he wanted to weird and fuck shit up

I honestly thought Ed would get along better with Vega than Balrog, if Vega didn't hold hatred for everyone. Figured Balrog would have haymaker'ed him into oblivion because of his sarcastic attitude.

Balrog strikes me as a dude that if you can fight, he'll rock with you. And he taught ed how to fight so, yeah. It also helps ed seems to be pretty smart so i'm sure he's helped rog out of many a situation. I think rog can take a sarcastic taunt from time to time.

Village

They need to add an option to mute the main menu BGM while waiting for a fight.

Is it because you hate the Main menu music or its distracting

If the former, I modded that shit out.

Though to be fair, I don't know why people hang out on the main menu when they are waiting. I just fuck around in the training room untill it finds me a match

joe2187

Banned
Is it because you hate the Main menu music or its distracting

If the former, I modded that shit out.

Though to be fair, I don't know why people hang out on the main menu when they are waiting. I just fuck around in the training room untill it finds me a match

On PS4 it lags the training mode when fight request is on, so trying to practice while waiting is a lost cause for me. and Im on the PC or watching something else while Im waiting for a fight.

Kashiwaba

On PS4 it lags the training mode when fight request is on, so trying to practice while waiting is a lost cause for me. and Im on the PC or watching something else while Im waiting for a fight.
Weird i never noticed the lag, is this after the new update?

joe2187

Banned
Weird i never noticed the lag, is this after the new update?

No idea, to be fair I havent tried training and Fight request since before the patch before last.

I can try it now, to be sure though.

I noticed alot when I played cammy regularly during the first three months of launch.

HardRojo

Yeah, PS4 would usually lag during survival and training mode while matchmaking was going on in the background. Don't know if it still does that.

joe2187

Banned
I failed the wingless Airplane corner throw 150% of the time...and I have no fucking idea why.

I dont understand why, I never miss it or have trouble with it....but for some reason when I was playing against you.....every time. I dont get it.

Good games 765....

No idea, to be fair I havent tried training and Fight request since before the patch before last.

I can try it now, to be sure though.

I noticed alot when I played cammy regularly during the first three months of launch.

Yup, PS4 definitely has small "bursts" of lag if you're in training mode while searching for a match.
Damn, I actually made it to gold with FANG. That's kinda good, right? That has to mean I'm at least not terrible. Maybe average, but not terrible.
wC56TPP.png

Looks like Tekken 7 has worse load-times than even SFV, despite the overall quality being much higher:
https://twitter.com/KyonumAzzz/status/870725909300498432

Based on these results, PS4 SFV loads the training mode in 2/3 the time of PS4 Tekken 7. On vanilla PC the results are closer (for me), with SFV loading training mode in about 4/5th of Tekken 7 (25s vs 32s). But if you include the fast load mod, then SFV loads in half the time of Tekken 7 (16s vs 32s), or 1/3 the time of the PS4 version. USFIV is faster than all of these at around 14-15s, IIRC. Online VS also feels like it is loading for longer in T7, but I don't have numbers for that.

I thought that Harada mentioned that he wanted short loading times? Hopefully both games gets improved upon, because I don't want to sit around waiting for loading screens and unskippable animations when playing video games.

Yup, PS4 definitely has small "bursts" of lag if you're in training mode while searching for a match.

On PC I often get subsequent stutter when I use the quick reset feature.
I didn't notice it with fight request on, though.

In Tekken 7, It's not the fact that the loading screens are so long that's the problem, it's that they're so damn frequent.

Even if you rematch against somebody, you have to sit through another loading screen even though it's the same people that are still connected with the same stage and the same characters.

myco666

In Tekken 7, It's not the fact that the loading screens are so long that's the problem, it's that they're so damn frequent.

Even if you rematch against somebody, you have to sit through another loading screen even though it's the same people that are still connected with the same stage and the same characters.

What? For real?

What? For real?

Yup. In online ranked/casual mode it has another loading screen if you revenge rematch.

In lobbies, it automatically falls back to the lobby after one match ends so you have to go through side, stage and character select all over again.

That's what gets annoying in long online sessions.

With regards to load times, i got the GG Xrd rev 2 update as i got the first one super cheap a while back. I have barely played the game really but decided to try an online match for the first time. It all loaded super fast and was a lot of fun. Lobby system is cool too.

I am tempted to have a break from sfv and try it some more.

myco666

Yup. In online ranked/casual mode it has another loading screen if you revenge rematch.

In lobbies, it automatically falls back to the lobby after one match ends so you have to go through side, stage and character select all over again.

That's what gets annoying in long online sessions.

That actually sounds pretty bad. Hopefully it gets fixed.

Are there any UE4 fighting games that load fast?

It's not UE4. SFV could load faster than USFIV if they cut down on the transition screens and reduced server wait-time. It takes a mere 10 seconds to go into training mode on modded PC if you are offline, compared to 25 seconds if you are online with the unmodded version. USFIV is about 14-15 seconds on the same PC.

Tekken's "overall quality" isn't much higher.
It's just different, just because one adopts a realistic style doesn't mean the actual quality of assets is higher by default.
Tekken's ca and film grain hides a lot of the basic textures and lower polycounts.

In the end the artstyle matters little to the engine, it just sees polys, textures and shaders, tekken just has more aggressive post processing.

Tekken's "overall quality" isn't much higher.
It's just different, just because one adopts a realistic style doesn't mean the actual quality of assets is higher by default.
Tekken's ca and film grain hides a lot of the basic textures and lower polycounts.

In the end the artstyle matters little to the engine, it just sees polys, textures and shaders, tekken just has more aggressive post processing.

I was not even considering art or graphical quality when I made that statement, but rather the technical merits of the game.
I actually prefer SFV when it comes to aesthetics.

SFV sometimes has a problem in Survival after completing a stage and choosing a power up and the loading hangs for 30 seconds.

Even when played offline.

HardRojo

SFV sometimes has a problem in Survival after completing a stage and choosing a power up and the loading hangs for 30 seconds.

Even when played offline.
Are you sure it's not the game loading up the new stage? It changes every 5 matches I believe. Though I don't remember how long the loading takes when that happens. As a person trying to keep their sanity, I haven't bothered with Survival for a while.

If it hangs anywhere in survival it's because of server communication, it doesn't take 30 seconds to load the new stage.
In fact on pc it's .5 seconds extra tops; ps4 loads slower in survival than pc obviously, but it's not going to be a 30 second difference.

Top Bottom