• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

For those who care, I took the time to compile the SFV art made by Artgerm (who some of you may remember for his Third Strike: Online Edition art) since he was contracted by Capcom. For reference, he did SFV Ryu & Ken on his own accord before Capcom brought him on.

Artgerm is currently working on SFV Vega, in case you're curious.
Wew, that Cammy. Can we get this guy for the character story art? I know Bengus can put out some amazing stuff but is he given 5 minutes to make the art for that or is there just a lack of care?

Skilletor

Wew, that Cammy. Can we get this guy for the character story art? I know Bengus can put out some amazing stuff but is he given 5 minutes to make the art for that or is there just a lack of care?

Artgerm does 5 minute sketches that look a billion times better than everything bendis has done for sf5.

Hyun Sai

Well, Pr Rog on stream : "What a bad character" talking about ED.

I don't know what to think about it especially coming from a Balrog player...

ED mainers, what are your impressions ?

MCD250

Feel like there's something a bit off with some of that art, especially some of the female characters like Cammy and Laura. Like some of their proportions don't work together and their limbs are articulated weirdly.

Ryu and Ken look good, at least. I remember seeing those drawings of them around the time of the game's release.

She is neither bad, nor has he abandoned the game. It was a shitpost in tweet form, meanwhile he's been playing SFV as per usual, ever since the patch dropped.

He also doesn't play the same online as he will at local tournaments. Sometimes I look at NuckleDu Mika replays online and he plays like shit.
Yeah for some reason I follow Wolfchrome and his activity hasn't changed since the patch. He remains very active.

lol Way to crush dude's ego though with that last part. Ice cold.

Grakl

Well, Pr Rog on stream : "What a bad character" talking about ED.

I don't know what to think about it especially coming from a Balrog player...

ED mainers, what are your impressions ?
He said multiple times in the same stream that Ed was good until he started losing lol

For those who care, I took the time to compile the SFV art made by Artgerm (who some of you may remember for his Third Strike: Online Edition art) since he was contracted by Capcom. For reference, he did SFV Ryu & Ken on his own accord before Capcom brought him on.
Those females.

uobghGX.gif

Kashiwaba

He's fun, but he feels like he's unfinished.
I played some ed players last night, most of them were bad, but that one guy his ed was really dangerous I lost two games to him, probably it's the player who was very good, but i still think ed as a character can be dangerous in the right hands.

Edzi

I played some ed players last night, most of them were bad, but that one guy his ed was really dangerous I lost two games to him, probably it's the player who was very good, but i still think ed as a character can be dangerous in the right hands.

Yeah, for sure, I'm not trying to say he's bad or anything. He's just clearly not on the same level as the top characters in the game.

Holy shit.

Artgem's persona girls are insane. They've got such a depth that I feel like I could almost reach out and touch them.

nuts

Holy SHIT

Someone actually managed to make SFV Alex look cool.

90% of my matches are against Ken and Bison. The Middle East is chock fucking full of em.

And even with all this practice, I DESPISE Ken. Fuck his stupid eyebrows, his throw loops, his st.hk, his insane corner carry and his run cancels. I play the match perfectly for 90% of the match and then he gets 1 st.hk CC and now I'm in the corner and this happens.

So I'm going through a few Vol. 2 trials and I'm stumped on Guile - trial 9. Ex boom to ex flash, how?
It's corner only.

The moment you've done the input for the EX boom, hold down again. Before they hit the ground, do the EX flash kick. The timing is tight but it's doable with enough practice.

Rymuth

90% of my matches are against Ken and Bison. The Middle East is chock fucking full of em.

And even with all this practice, I DESPISE Ken. Fuck his stupid eyebrows, his throw loops, his st.hk, his insane corner carry and his run cancels. I play the match perfectly for 90% of the match and then he gets 1 st.hk CC and now I'm in the corner and this happens.
>_>

<_<

myco666

Ken is bad though

Ohnonono

I decided to pick up Juri to add to my cast of Ibuki, Necalli, and Cammy, that I mess with at my weekly games at a buddys house. She for sure feels like she has some big holes in her game. Any advice would be appreciated though because I do find her pretty damn fun.

How in the fuck are people doing standing jab into headbutt consistently with Urien?

Charge the move, let it go to neutral, press jab, do up+punch. Takes practice to get consistent with but it's not so tough. I remember you were able to do something similar with Alex's st.mp into headbutt in S1. With the buffs to headbutt, it might be even better now (if it still works)

I'm pretty solid on the Ken matchup, since the majority of Kens online are trash rushdown players. Bisons are few and far between for me though, and generally are piloted by good players. Don't have enough exp with that matchup so I'm usually on the losing end.

Really the biggest nightmare for me online (even though I play Gief) is Rashid, because if you have any rollback online I'm not gonna lay hands on him.

I'm pretty solid on the Ken matchup, since the majority of Kens online are trash rushdown players. Bisons are few and far between for me though, and generally are piloted by good players. Don't have enough exp with that matchup so I'm usually on the losing end.

Really the biggest nightmare for me online (even though I play Gief) is Rashid, because if you have any rollback online I'm not gonna lay hands on him.
Even though Rashid also has a throw loop, I still don't find Rashid's corner pressure as tough to deal with as Ken. Rashid has to work for corner pressure, Ken doesn't. You can still react to Rashid's throw loop, Ken's is literally a guessing game.

Either you haven't faced a legitimately good Ken or I'm just weird (very likely).

Aww I missed the Vega VS Kolin. Wanted to see a Vegaboy go ham.

Charge the move, let it go to neutral, press jab, do up+punch. Takes practice to get consistent with but it's not so tough. I remember you were able to do something similar with Alex's st.mp into headbutt in S1. With the buffs to headbutt, it might be even better now (if it still works)

For whatever reason I can do it in a match (probably not on purpose), but when I'm in practice mode I can't do shit.

myco666

The more I play Ed the less I like him. Thought cr.hp was good AA but it has so much recovery that it is still the opponents turn after it. Useless button.

Itazan vs Xyzzy on the stream I linked above.

The more I play Ed the less I like him. Thought cr.hp was good AA but it has so much recovery that it is still the opponents turn after it. Useless button.

I can assure you cr.HP is not a useless button for Ed. His most damaging combos use it.

Also, he has about 4 or 5 AAs if this one doesn't work for you.

What's the video from Mike say? Can't watch it at work.

2 and a half minutes of him saying that ESPORTS is corrupting what the FGC stands for, it's all about quick money and that it only helps the companies who are in it for the quick money and hurts the players and organizers who have given so much time of their lives for this.

Then Future Gootecks shows up, shows him a new shirt that they're selling, tells Mike to embrace ESPORTS in order to save the FGC and to go to www.embraceesports.cash Mike Ross agrees.

Top Bottom