• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Probably wasn't a good idea to make your fans worry to sell t-shirts.

And to be honest, I was hoping it was going to segway into how esports hast to follow what we want since we are the consumers, content producers, and players, so we run this shit, but nah.

Even though Rashid also has a throw loop, I still don't find Rashid's corner pressure as tough to deal with as Ken. Rashid has to work for corner pressure, Ken doesn't. You can still react to Rashid's throw loop, Ken's is literally a guessing game.

Either you haven't faced a legitimately good Ken or I'm just weird (very likely).
It's very likely the former, as I'm pretty bad overall in terms of technique (a lot of Super Bronze outclass me in execution). :p

I need to figure out how to do that instant dash-in SPD that Itabashi uses. No matter how I try to time my input, Gief always goes through his full dash animation.

It really doesn't when I have to block afterwards. The idea of AA is to stop the oncoming pressure, not to keep it going..
You clearly haven't tried air-to-airing in SFV.

You are joking but I actually have considered that. Then I take him into training and realize how much work you need to do with him.
It's not that much work.

Just learn his specials, realize that most of the cast can deal with it by jumping in once, learn his frametraps, get good at CH confirming because you're gonna do zilch in terms of damage without it, use your v-skill and remember in the middle of every single match that it's useless, get hit by one jump in, lose 40% of your health, work 5 times as harder than your opponent for the same amount of damage and question your life choices, it's really not that hard.

His jump is too floaty though, that's one problem.

One thing I agree with is that money does change people. There was in-fighting over Eleague stuff, and Art got real on NLBC about it, coming super salty. It's not even the money part, but the prospect of money, because most of these cats ain't gonna make enough to live on.

But on the flipside, I think that's just growing pains. Shit is new to a community that used to play games in a smelly ass arcades. All this glitz and glamour is enticing because most dudes are rock bottom compared to the likes of LoL and such (and still are but just slightly better off).

FGC probably wouldn't survive without esports. We are broke as fuck. It's cute to think that we could drum up enough cash to do it, but we absolutely need the injection of companies putting their dirty hands in our shit. These tournaments, players, streams, and keeping games relevant aren't things that come for free.That goes for any game, which is why players wan Arcsys to support shit overseas instead of just Japan to grow the GG scene. And I feel like SNK puts in considerable amounts of effort into promoting tournaments in general, even if one of their big ones was kinda janky.

People just need to push back a bit. It works. CPT compared to last year is running better. People wanted a balance patch for SFV, and even if it didn't correct shit like Rog, we still got something despite being in the middle of a CPT run. I don't even think NRS is doing big patches with their game, as the last one apparently didn't change much. Eleague itself molded the complaints into a better show each time, and I bet they won't run the finals next year like they did this year.

myco666

You clearly haven't tried air-to-airing in SFV.

I play Birdie so no.

It's not that much work.

Just learn his specials, realize that most of the cast can deal with it by jumping in once, learn his frametraps, get good at CH confirming because you're gonna do zilch in terms of damage without it, use your v-skill and remember in the middle of every single match that it's useless, get hit by one jump in, lose 40% of your health, work 5 times as harder than your opponent for the same amount of damage and question your life choices, it's really not that hard.

His jump is too floaty though, that's one problem.

FANGs v-skill is something else. First you go "oh shit can't get hit by that" then you remember that it just doesn't matter if you get hit by it. Worst v-skill in the game?

HiResDes

I can't believe I actually thought he'd be leaving for good and getting a regular nine to five, love the guy, but weird video.

jett

D-Member
I guess he actually was feeling that way but decided to come back and then Gootecks probably thought it would be funny to make a video and sell more t-shirts.

I have no idea what reason could there possibly be for Meik Russ to feel that way.

Sayad

I cringed so hard I unsubscribed.
I did that when Gootecks lied about Mike being missing few days ago, only a real piece of shit would do something like that.

I have no idea what reason could there possibly be for Meik Russ to feel that way.
Don't know about Mike specifically, but a lot of OG FGC personalities feel that way about esport, especially when they're being left out. Even outside the FGC, this is basically "this thing we helped build is being profited from by this foreign entity 101", some people will get salty and or feel some jealousy.

Merkunt

Ucchedavāda;239393025 said:
Really? I haven't run into any myself, that I can recall.
Just the occasional shitty connection and a few rage-quitters.

Already had it happen 3 times today. One time dude lost the 1st fight and pulled it out for the rematch. Total scumbag move.

Edit: my session started about 1 and a half hours ago

Yeah, they need to punish people purposely lag switching more often in games, even if it’s at the risk of people with genuinely shitty connections.

I beat them clean game 1, and there was no connection issues. Game 2, they would skip around and bunch, straight into hitting me, from the other side of the screen, with a crouching light kick.
I’ve never seen so much rollback. DX Waste of my time.
I then got matched up with same person the next match.

I did that when Gootecks lied about Mike being missing few days ago, only a real piece of shit would do something like that.

Don't know about Mike specifically, but a lot of OG FGC personalities feel that way about esport, especially when they're being left out. Even outside the FGC, this is basically "this thing we helped build is being profited from by this foreign entity 101", some people will get salty and or feel some jealousy.

That's kind of the issue. Most are happy about it until they get left out then it's a blow up.

But I agree with Rick from combobreaker. Focus on those companies that help super local events. If they are gonna profit they need to really give back in return.

dorikyasu

Yeah, they need to punish people purposely lag switching more often in games, even if it’s at the risk of people with genuinely shitty connections.

I beat them clean game 1, and there was no connection issues. Game 2, they would skip around and bunch, straight into hitting me, from the other side of the screen, with a crouching light kick.
QFFT
Nothing diminishes my enjoyment of SFV online experience than lame lag switch users following that exact scenario.

MCD250

Man, I have straight been getting bodied online lately. I got a nice win streak last week (well, nice for me anyway) and managed to gain enough LP to rank up, but with a new league comes people who are considerably better than what you're used to in the matchmaking. I switched to casual matches only for now in order to focus on adjusting to the way the folks in these higher leagues fight, but man, most of the people I get matched with are definitely better than I am and I often find myself feeling lost while in a match. Feels like every time you rank up you essentially have to unlearn what you think works and readjust your way of thinking to the new skill ceiling and the way these higher ranked people fight.

Definitely motivates me to search out the local SF scene in my city. The online shenanigans are real.

Anyone want to play?

GGs!
Your Ed is really forcing me to adapt moment to moment, and I am not really good at dealing with your zoning.

I gotta say, though, that your V-Trigger use is not working out.
I'm intentionally letting myself get into blockstun, since it is pretty easy for me to spot an opening where I can throw you when you attempt to do the same or when you push me to the corner. Maybe mixing it up with some jump-ins, cross-ups and/or empty-jump-lows would work better?

Also, remember that light pinwheel is -8 if you are crouching, and -4 otherwise. I have a bad habit of just throwing it out there, but you rarely punished it even when crouching.

Dartastic

I still really like this game from a gameplay standpoint, but...

I bought Tekken 7. Tekken 7 is great. Tekken 7 is a lot of fun. Tekken 7 also opened my eyes a bit more on how barebones SFV is. Such a shame. :(

I bought Tekken 7. Tekken 7 is great. Tekken 7 is a lot of fun. Tekken 7 also opened my eyes a bit more on how barebones SFV is. Such a shame. :(
lol.

I love Tekken 7, and I think it's probably gonna be my go-to fighting game for the next 2 years easy.

But that game is lacking some BASIC ass features for online, lack of a rematch option/setting a specified "first to #" option for lobbies being the most egregious one.

Maybe next time they'll have the luxury of two-year arcade exclusivity before the home release :(

KingBroly

Banned

The sad and pathetic thing is that SFV has been barebones since launch and hasn't gotten much better. I don't know how many people they had making it/working on it now, but they didn't do a good job.

Edzi

Yeahhh, I don't buy this anymore. Tekken 7 is pretty barebones bro.

myco666

Ucchedavāda;239414475 said:
GGs!
Your Ed is really forcing me to adapt moment to moment, and I am not really good at dealing with your zoning.

I gotta say, though, that your V-Trigger use is not working out.
I'm intentionally letting myself get into blockstun, since it is pretty easy for me to spot an opening where I can throw you when you attempt to do the same or when you push me to the corner. Maybe mixing it up with some jump-ins, cross-ups and/or empty-jump-lows would work better?

Also, remember that light pinwheel is -8 if you are crouching, and -4 otherwise. I have a bad habit of just throwing it out there, but you rarely punished it even when crouching.

GGs! Was real fun but damn am I salty about losing that last set lol. Thought I had it.

Yeah still figuring out the v-trigger and how to use it outside of combos. Basically I tried to shimmy you with it but it worked like once or twice. Jumpins could work better for sure. Dude could use a overhead tbh so the v-trigger would be way scarier.

Pinwheel is the one you do usually after knockdown to catch bad meaties/dash ins, right? Good to know and will try to remember next time.

Also your AAs are very on point. Probably lost half of my every round just by trying to jump at you.

humbug, tekken is pretty damn light on content and features, lobbies are in a pretty sad state atm.

The sad and pathetic thing is that SFV has been barebones since launch and hasn't gotten much better. I don't know how many people they had making it/working on it now, but they didn't do a good job.

Yeah, it's not like they added a feature length movie, 9 characters, more trials, more stages, more music, new moves, stage KOs, costume/stage easter eggs, weekly missions, extra colors, and a new server.

BAREBONES!!!

Edzi

Yeah, it's not like they added a feature length movie, 9 characters, more trials, more stages, more music, new moves, stage KOs, costume/stage easter eggs, weekly missions, extra colors, and a new server.

BAREBONES!!!

Admit it, you literally sit there all day refreshing this thread looking for negative comments you can reply to.

Top Bottom