• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Ucchedavāda;239431974 said:

EDgMMNO.jpg

Admit it, you literally sit there all day refreshing this thread looking for negative comments you can reply to.

Lol, if i replied to every negative comment on NeoGAF, capital of Capcom hate, my name would be here:
XdFgvhm.png

It's not. It's never been. I think you guys just think I post more than I do, because...well...NeoGAF is the capital of Capcom hate, so any positive comments stick out as "shilling".

Tell me I'm wrong, tho, when threads like this are a daily occurrence around here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1386657

mbpm1

Lol, if i replied to every negative comment on NeoGAF, capital of Capcom hate, my name would be here:
XdFgvhm.png

It's not. It's never been. I think you guys just think I post more than I do, because...well...NeoGAF is the capital of Capcom hate, so any positive comments stick out as "shilling".

Tell me I'm wrong, tho, when threads like this are a daily occurrence around here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1386657

I agree. It's easy for someone to look omnipresent when every post is on the same subject matter aka Capcom Defense Squad constantly.

Speaking of defense, enjoy some salt over defense from Nemo

thelastword

Banned
Could you guys explain to me why there's a Ken online by the name of "uwantsomelessons" with a 111 win streak, he also has the purple disconnect icon....I beat him and he raqequitted on my K.O....I got no points, apparently this guy has done this quite a bit before, hence the winstreak.. I thought Capcom took care of this????

Could you guys explain to me why there's a Ken online by the name of "uwantsomelessons" with a 111 win streak, he also has the purple disconnect icon....I beat him and he raqequitted on my K.O....I got no points, apparently this guy has done this quite a bit before, hence the winstreak.. I thought Capcom took care of this????
:/
oh yes. that new server that fixed all of the problems. all of them.

BlitzKeeg

Does the training mode dummy no longer reversal after command grabs if you set a wake up action for it?

I'm trying to practice my follow ups off of heavy SPD and the dummy isn't jabbing or flash kicking like it used to, no matter what kind of recovery I pick

If he got the rage-quit icon, then he is supposed to mainly be matched up against other people who rage-quit. Did you get the angel icon yet?

However, if you haven't already, then you can add him to your personal black-list to prevent seeing him again.

It's a hacker just blacklist them.

MCD250

Does the training mode dummy no longer reversal after command grabs if you set a wake up action for it?

I'm trying to practice my follow ups off of heavy SPD and the dummy isn't jabbing or flash kicking like it used to, no matter what kind of recovery I pick
I noticed the other day that the dummy wasn't doing the intended wakeup action after a (normal) throw, only after being knocked down from a striking attack. Maybe it doesn't do the action if it's knocked down from grabs? For some reason?

thelastword

Banned
Ucchedavāda;239436112 said:
If he got the rage-quit icon, then he is supposed to mainly be matched up against other people who rage-quit. Did you get the angel icon yet?

However, if you haven't already, then you can add him to your personal black-list to prevent seeing him again.
No I'm an angel (lol), never rage quit ever, but match making has been so slow for me....so I accepted his match before I realize he was purple (doombringer, grim reaper)....

Apparently, you still get matched up with those guys even if you don't quit....Tbh, the system may not be working as it should, or maybe he was playing with a specific hack that circumvents Capcom's code....He had a dash up throw that never missed and looked kinda weird....almost toolassisted like....Also, if he is quitting so much, why is his streak still up there.....I think Capcom should be giving non-quitters the points from the lp of those who do tbh...

Syntsui

So I was mashing X after a fight and I accidently bought the new Vegas stage.

70 fucking thousand FM down the drain. Fuck my life.

Because her costume has been so very, very stupid since the beginning of time.

This is a game series where a dude wears a banana hammock, one stretches, another one is green and a woman has spiked bracelets so huge that she shouldn't be able to walk with her hands at her sides.

But a woman in a leotard is odd?

mbpm1

Cammy's costume is only dumb if you know her backstory and care about that

then it becomes very dumb

but otherwise upskirts all day

Village

Cammy's costume is only dumb if you know her backstory and care about that

then it becomes very dumb

but otherwise upskirts all day

I thought cammy looked dumb before I knew. Then I found it, it just intensified

This is a game series where a dude wears a banana hammock, one stretches, another one is green and a woman has spiked bracelets so huge that she shouldn't be able to walk with her hands at her sides.

Yeah, It looks stupid and is obvious in its intent.

You know who's super attractive and is suppoused to be, Chun li, you know who does it while having a cool costume. Chun FUCKING li. Not just chun li, I like various female characters outfits more than cammys, I like poisons outfit more than cammy and that shit is a torn wife beater and daisy dukes, but it fits and doesn't look weirdly forced onto the character. Cammy's outfit since jump is like... well most of lauras outfits and lauras butt pad, it doesn't feel like something the character would ever put on, it feels like someone else put it on. And what punctuates this this is when you win a match she turns her ass to the camera and congratulates you .

I don't care if outfits are attractive.. I mean I do in a " maybe women should be afforded different types of outfits sense" but overall if you got hot dudes and hot ladies in your game fine. What I hate is when you design a character in a such a way where it doesn't feel like some shit they would put on, it feels like something you put on them. It doesn't feel organic, it feels forced and cammy has always felt that.

Or at least if you are going to have it be inorganic, make it look cool, cammy does neither of those things

Urien in his first appearance is in a thong, just a thong, but due to visual character design and his movement looked cool as shit. Yeah he was clearly naked because him and Remy were supposed to draw in a very different audience. But even despite that though movesets, movement and just visual design made Remy's and Uriens design work.

The reason I like that cammy mod so much and the streetwise art, is because that is the first time, not counting alt costumes where I saw cammy and went " that's some shit cammy would actually wear"

Because her costume has been so very, very stupid since the beginning of time.

This is true

Village

Decapre Doll costume > Cammy costume.

Discuss.

Yeah, sure she's was at the time a doll.

I"m interested in what post doll decapre wears, because you know she is DLC

Sounds like a bunch of people just uncomfortable by a lack of pants

But I use thong urien, thong urien with long hair. And I want MMA alex from that one comic with just the shorts

I use multiple characters swim suits particularly chun li's and cammys.

Its almost as if her outfit is shit and that's it.

But I use thong urien, thong urien with long hair. And I want MMA alex from that one comic with just the shorts

I use multiple characters swim suits particularly chun li's and cammys.

Its almost as if her outfit is shit and that's it.

And what punctuates this this is when you win a match she turns her ass to the camera and congratulates you

Avert your eyes young one! lest ye be cast into heck for gazing unto cammy's buttocks!

Why are you so scared of her ass man?

Spman2099

It isn't "odd", it just looks bad. At least Sim's stretchiness and Urien's thong are nods to something specific (historical and cultural, even). Also, while Chunli's bracers are silly, Capcom is at least willing to give her alts without them (and they aren't as dominant a feature). Blanka is just a terrible character.

Their inability to give her pants becomes a (bigger) problem when you look at all the costumes that are ruined by her lack of pants. That military getup would have been great... if they didn't feel like putting a pair of pants on Cammy was an affront to God.

Teh Lurv

I'd thought I'd use my first post on GAF to say hi to everyone on this thread. I've been lurking this thread for the last couple of months while I waited for account activation. I've been playing SFV since last October; its my first fighting game I've played since MvC2 & Guilty Gear X with dorm neighbors at college in '02-'03.

CFN is Teh_Lurv, I'm currently Silver rank maining Chun Li, while poking around with Gief. I've mostly been sticking to casual/BL until I feel confident I can climb up the next level in ranked. If anyone sees me online, feel free to shoot me an invite to BL.

remz

the only explanation for cammy not having pants I can think of is that, as almost all her special moves use her legs for kicking/drilling they may want to emphasise that part of her character by leaving them exposed, so they stand out. minimal/tight clothing also give the impression that she's fast/athletic whereas bulky clothing might not read as well

tbh tho i don't know why they don't at least give her like skin tight leggings/pants if they're so set on showing off her legs.... because her leotard is seeming more out of character as time goes on.

It's corner only.

The moment you've done the input for the EX boom, hold down again. Before they hit the ground, do the EX flash kick. The timing is tight but it's doable with enough practice.
Timing is just super tight. Watch the demo yo see exactly when you activate the f.kick. you also have to hold down back as soon as possible after ex boom.
Finish the boom motion with d/f to start the charge immediately for the flashkick.
Immediately after the EX boom I held down forward and went for EX flash. Those few msec spared helped.
All trials complete, thanks again.

Village

Avert your eyes young one! lest ye be cast into heck for gazing unto cammy's buttocks!

Why are you so scared of her ass man?

I'm not scared of anyone ass? I just don't think it plays into her character, it plays to us, and I hate that I hated that when I was younger. I don't need that as a reward, the reward is that the character is cool. That's it.

Also If I wanna look at a street fighter characters butt... there is NO shortage of that on the net, I don't need her main outfit to be that. Or just like with her swimsuit... which is something I like... make a dedicated outfit for that. Chun Li has cool outfits, then she has sexy ones. I want work cammy I don't think I ever got work cammy I got " wink wink nudge nudge" at the camera cammy.

Furthermore, why does people suggest if you criticize the possible overuse of sexuality in a design, you are afraid of sexuality. Why can't I be an adult who can understand not everything needs to be sexy all the time, why can't I just be critical of design.

the only explanation for cammy not having pants I can think of is that, as almost all her special moves use her legs for kicking/drilling they may want to emphasise that part of her character by leaving them exposed, so they stand out. minimal/tight clothing also give the impression that she's fast/athletic whereas bulky clothing might not read as well

tbh tho i don't know why they don't at least give her like skin tight leggings/pants if they're so set on showing off her legs.... because her leotard is seeming more out of character as time goes on.

There is literally a trope about this, not sure what it's called anymore, but in anime this character would generally have one leg exposed.
Also even skin tight *anythings* impair movement, you'd want something that is slightly "loose" and gives to maximum without much restriction (so cammy should actually have more range of motion than the dolls)Olympic Uniforms: Less Clothing Means Better Results
The shorts, King said, allow greater range of motion for the men when they are tumbling, running and jumping.

Top Bottom