• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

DKL

You know, playing Tekken in ranked, I'm beginning to think that the reason why I haven't played SF in a long time is because I told myself that I'd learn how to play Balrog... but I'm too lazy to learn a new character and should just go back to Birdie and learn the rest of the shit that I didn't learn >_>

(like, I play Paul in Tekken and I've played for as long as I have probably because I already kinda knew how to play the character so there was not a lot of new stuff to learn outside of character matchups)

This is a pretty pathetic post. "As a straight guy..." fuck outta here with that bullshit.

hI6tvP9.jpg

Stupid sexy Urien.

You know, playing Tekken in ranked, I'm beginning to think that the reason why I haven't played SF in a long time is because I told myself that I'd learn how to play Balrog... but I'm too lazy to learn a new character and should just go back to Birdie and learn the rest of the shit that I didn't learn >_>

(like, I play Paul in Tekken and I've played for as long as I have probably because I already kinda knew how to play the character so there was not a lot of new stuff to learn outside of character matchups)

It definitely helps but I feel like I have more fun if I spend time with characters I like versus legacy skills. You could learn both!

Watched few replays of your Ed. Biggest problem I see is that you are randomly throwing out lot of special moves that are very unsafe on block. For example that two kicks special is highly punishable and should be only used as a AA or in a combo. Another thing is that you don't do the follow up for that move when it does connect. If you press punch after it connects it does a follow up move and bit more damage. Not a major thing but more damage is always nice.

For the what to do on wakeup you should use three punches since it is totally invincible. You can also just press buttons but that always has more risk. Definitely don't try to do the other specials unless you see them jumping and you could maybe use the two kicks.

As for getting hit even if you keep blocking, well obviously you weren't blocking or you used a move that was still in recovery state when you opponents hits you so you couldn't block.

Then there is the combos but that can be a long hard road if this your first time trying to get into fighting games. That is just purely grinding in training for them and then just trying to build the confidence to do them in a actual match.

Thanks! I didn't even know you could do that. It's very helpful.

Yeah, I do that kick thing by accident a lot. It's always surprising the few times when someone doesn't punish.

By three punches, do you mean the same button (R2?) that does EX moves? Or something else?

The blocking thing is normally me holding back for like 5-10 seconds and not blocking a thing. I'll need to get better at that. Some matches I just get attacked a bunch and never get to do anything back. I hold block but can't seem to get anything blocked.
I don't know if that shows if he replay, as it probably doesn't show my inputs, and the getting hit animation is likely the same regardless of what you hold.

Thanks again

Blueblur1

Vesper uploaded a new video so I got a notification on my phone and saw 'Abigail Leaked' in the title so I hurried to check it out. Turns out its nothing; just Vesper regurgitating the Abigail stuff Ryce put together in older GAF threads. I love Vesper but that was totally a pointless video.

myco666

Ed in that outfit is the perfect martial arts villain. Now we need a Donnie Yen/Ip Man character to have this fight in SF.

Best costume in the game.

Thanks! I didn't even know you could do that. It's very helpful.

Yeah, I do that kick thing by accident a lot. It's always surprising the few times when someone doesn't punish.

By three punches, do you mean the same button (R2?) that does EX moves? Or something else?

The blocking thing is normally me holding back for like 5-10 seconds and not blocking a thing. I'll need to get better at that. Some matches I just get attacked a bunch and never get to do anything back. I hold block but can't seem to get anything blocked.
I don't know if that shows if he replay, as it probably doesn't show my inputs, and the getting hit animation is likely the same regardless of what you hold.

Thanks again

Well whatever you have mapped that button onto. It is the EX Psycho Upper so EX version of the uppercut move which is normally done by two punches. Have to use meter to make it invincible.

You can see inputs in replays. Just didn't check them this time because not sure what match represents the problem best. So if you have a specific match you want to get feedback on just say which one. You can even share the replay ID for easier search.

DKL

It definitely helps but I feel like I have more fun if I spend time with characters I like versus legacy skills. You could learn both!

It gets so exhausting to put new stuff into muscle memory tho

But yeah, it's probably why I burned out on a lot of games lol

joe2187

Banned
Vesper uploaded a new video so I got a notification on my phone and saw 'Abigail Leaked' in the title so I hurried to check it out. Turns out its nothing; just Vesper regurgitating the Abigail stuff Ryce put together in older GAF threads. I love Vesper but that was totally a pointless video.

Welcome to Vesper/Maximillian "I dont have content, but I need to make a video" filler time.

Tizoc

Soooo i read the riku rumors on sf5 for season 2 and 3; worth making a thread for it? Ive got it qritten up at least :x

Hello guys! First post here. Made my account in like January but Gaf acceptance takes forever.

My CFN on Steam is TheJurinator. My mains cycle around Ed, Urien, Boxer, and Cammy, though I'm pretty meh anyway. I'm stuck between Super Silver and Ultra Silver, because apparently I'm forbidden to exceed 3800LP.

If he's not allowed to hit people at range, then they're not allowed to hit him either.

Here's comes that Super Street Fighter V rumor again.

If that is indeed the S3 roster, then Sagat better have this as one of his outfits...
K1FxPas.png

Sayad

Here's comes that Super Street Fighter V rumor again.

If that is indeed the S3 roster, then Sagat better have this as one of his outfits...
K1FxPas.png
Thong-Urien wasn't enough for you?! Please think of all the straight guys eyes!

What's next, Oro's penis?!

While I love how you immediately jump to "FUCKING BROKEN" at the first sign of anything strong, can't Kolin and F.A.N.G do the exact same thing? Rashid and Nash might be able to do the same thing but I'm not sure if their V-reversals recover in time.

Which is why is busted. Nash's V-reversal recovery is ridiculous compared to everyone's V-reversal that are similar.

Lulubop

What is with you going "Ryce pointed out ______ is wrong" about anyone leaking information?

Riku has a history of piggybacking on credible leaks, so take everything he says with a massive grain of salt. The Abgail/Menat/Zeku leak originated from an EventHubs commenter way back in October.

For what it's worth, a few months ago he said that MvCI would be re-revealed at E3, which he was wrong about -- there was a big press tour in April. He also said that Leon, Captain Commando, Venom, Ms. Marvel, Black Panther, and Songbird would be in MvCI, and as soon as the actual roster leaked he backpedaled and said all of those characters would be DLC. I personally don't think he knows anything.

Yea, bro Riku had some real credibly.

Also Ryce and Lupinko are the only gaffers to actually have leaked shit when it comes to Capcom fighters. I think it's safe to give Ryce the benefit of the doubt on this one and not Riku buddy

Neoxon

Yea, bro Riku had some real credibly.

Also Ryce and Lupinko are the only gaffers to actually have leaked shit when it comes to Capcom fighters. I think it's safe to give Ryce the benefit of the doubt on this one and not Riku buddy
Even then, I don't think Lupinko has intel these days.

Kinda nervous with Sagat considering Capcom's track record with balancing him. What should they do to make him unique from the other 3 shotos? Ken and Ryu are different enough in how it's offense and defense, Akuma is glass cannon.

You can see inputs in replays. Just didn't check them this time because not sure what match represents the problem best. So if you have a specific match you want to get feedback on just say which one. You can even share the replay ID for easier search.

Cool! I'll look one up.

Again on wake up: if someone gets right up on me, is it better to try to counter a throw or to just use that invincible uppercut?

Sayad

Kinda nervous with Sagat considering Capcom's track record with balancing him. What should they do to make him unique from the other 3 shotos? Ken and Ryu are different enough in how it's offense and defense, Akuma is glass cannon.
Have Sagat ever had the problem of playing too much like Ken/Ryu/Akuma?!

Mr. X

I feel compelled to defend Cammys outfit.
If Capcom gave her pants she'd lose a lot of her sex appeal, and probably many of her fans too. I dont care very much about story or personality etc. I just want a character that looks good. Capcom did a great job with that on Cammy in SFV. She looks so much better than she did in IV.
As a straight guy, I find thong-Urien to be an absolute eye sore, but having sexy girls like Cammy in the game, makes that unpleasent stuff easier to ignore.
No this you rationalizing your desire to objectify women.

BenjiGAF

Non buff is cute it a scrappy kid kinda way. Although I don't hate how he turned out.

I'mma need that outfit that got rejected to turn into something

Homie got the ghost face bird

e2wswEF.jpg

Give him and/or Rog an an alt of Ya boy ghostface killa the iron man

I didn't know you could buy Tekken accessories irl

joe2187

Banned

To keep up with T7, Sagats fireballs have been altered, he now hurls baby tiger cubs at his opponents. His V Skill alters his fireballs to light the tigers cubs on fire as he throws him. His V trigger has him summoning a flaming cage full of Tigers to throw your opponent into. His Critical Art has been altered to more appropriately fit the name "Tiger Genocider"

Top Bottom