• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

joe2187

Banned
Monthly reminder that Guile has a crouch walk.Bruh.

PbrEnO3.gif

joe2187

Banned
Like, Def Jam? I didn't play that one, that's cool as hell though

Def Jam FFNY is the best wrestling game that's ever been made and it's a goddamn travesty that that sunglass wearing fuckstick Kudo Tsunoda completely destroyed the franchise with Def Jam Icon.

"While you're down there, how bout you shine my shoes?'

"I'm gonna rip out your tongue, and LICK MY ASS WITH IT"

That game had some wonderful dialogue.

EDIT: Plus it gave us this image.

13-HOUSE.jpg

I need to get way better at my defense! Too often I can't figure what's the best way to go about the enemy going in ham. Hit a button and you get crushed, try to throw or jump and you get hit again, I think I need to work on both my reflexes and come up with a new wrinkle.

I need to get way better at my defense! Too often I can't figure what's the best way to go about the enemy going in ham. Hit a button and you get crushed, try to throw or jump and you get hit again, I think I need to work on both my reflexes and come up with a new wrinkle.
lol no, jump more.

V-reversal?
I tend to have the same problem, and being more liberal with my use of V-reversals has definitely helped.

myco666

Cool! I'll look one up.

Again on wake up: if someone gets right up on me, is it better to try to counter a throw or to just use that invincible uppercut?

If you are rather certain they will throw tech it. If you are not sure if they are going to use a normal or throw do the invincible uppercut. Both options are good but can lead to you eating a ton of damage. I would just block instead unless your opponent is constantly throwing you.

Man, you really have an amazing Ken. It will be sad if you have it up. I do understand how you feel thought. I main Ryu haha
tks buddy, I might come back and learn Guile or see where Ryu shakes out. Be a while though...

Remember when Capcom released like 3 alpha games a generation? I still don't get why SFV and Marvel is it? Why not have something like Guilty Gear that is more footsie focused? Do a cross over game with Dark Stalkers like all the cool art work and give it more an anime brush stroke 3rd strike vibe. Really feels like Capcom is wasting a ton of potential with the IP.

Im in charge, I would always keep the main title going, going with new engines, graphics style, and of course brand new mechanics and characters.

But I'm definitely not leaving the classic 2D sprite style to GG and KOF or BB either. Especially when stuff like ST and 3rd strike were played for so long in the tourney scene.

SFV
Marvel
Classic SF game

Maybe it's too financially risky? dunno...

Producer

tks buddy, I might come back and learn Guile or see where Ryu shakes out. Be a while though...

Remember when Capcom released like 3 alpha games a generation? I still don't get why SFV and Marvel is it? Why not have something like Guilty Gear that is more footsie focused? Do a cross over game with Dark Stalkers like all the cool art work and give it more an anime brush stroke 3rd strike vibe. Really feels like Capcom is wasting a ton of potential with the IP.

Im in charge, I would always keep the main title going, going with new engines, graphics style, and of course brand new mechanics and characters.

But I'm definitely not leaving the classic 2D sprite style to GG and KOF or BB either. Especially when stuff like ST and 3rd strike were played for so long in the tourney scene.

SFV
Marvel
Classic SF game

Maybe it's too financially risky? dunno...

Sounds like a good way to waste a ton of money my dude

I think there's still something between us that doesn't play well because holy shit that's more 400002's I have seen...ever.

Still GGs for what we could play, I also just realised I've never actually fought a fang ever, I'm completely clueless what do to againts those blockstrings lmao.

joe2187

Banned
People see the leak list and immediatly forget that we have actual in game character models for Gill, Abel , Decapre and a shit ton of Bison Dolls.

People see the leak list and immediatly forget that we have actual in game character models for Gill, Abel , Decapre and a shit ton of Bison Dolls.

They didn't even use them for the DLC characters sans Kolin and Ed kinda. And both got considerable amounts of reworking. You'll see them in extra battle and that's it.

I think there's still something between us that doesn't play well because holy shit that's more 400002's I have seen...ever.

Still GGs for what we could play, I also just realised I've never actually fought a fang ever, I'm completely clueless what do to againts those blockstrings lmao.
Yeah that was a rather inordinate amount of disconnections.

GGs. And yeah, it was kinda obvious you didn't have much FANG experience lol :D

I will say this, that while you have to respect the cr.mk and the coward's crouch kick (+3 and +2 oB respectively), you don't really have to respect the st.hk which is +1. You can always do your 3-frame jab and it'll either beat anything I do (short of a super) or trade with my jab. Also a cr.mk into st.hp frametrap that I was doing doesn't work against 3-framers. cr.mk is +3 oB and st.hp is 7-frames, you can jab in between, but I do have a legitimate frametrap in the form of a cr.mk into cr.mp which beats 3-frames. Same story for st.lp which is also +3 oB.

You kept fairly grounded in this matchup. Which I think is a mistake. Jump more. Jump and divekick more, especially EX divekicks. The poison state and the trap vanishes if you manage to land a hit on me through whatever means. When you're in, don't let me breathe. SPAM that st.lk, throw me, shimmy me, meaty pressure me. Make me feel like if I let you in, I might as well put the controller down.

Your usage of the EX spirur arrow was a good one but you kept at too much of a distance for it to be at it's most effective. Also you can empty jump, land on the trap and still block it. It's when you do an air normal/move that you can't block it.

The connection definitely felt stable enough that I could react to most things, I'd be more than happy to teach you the matchup if you wish. How was it on your end?

Yeah that was a rather inordinate amount of disconnections.

GGs. And yeah, it was kinda obvious you didn't have much FANG experience lol :D

I will say this, that while you have to respect the cr.mk and the coward's crouch kick (+3 and +2 oB respectively), you don't really have to respect the st.hk which is +1. You can always do your 3-frame jab and it'll either beat anything I do (short of a super) or trade with my jab. Also a cr.mk into st.hp frametrap that I was doing doesn't work against 3-framers. cr.mk is +3 oB and st.hp is 7-frames, you can jab in between, but I do have a legitimate frametrap in the form of a cr.mk into cr.mp which beats 3-frames. Same story for st.lp which is also +3 oB.

You kept fairly grounded in this matchup. Which I think is a mistake. Jump more. Jump and divekick more, especially EX divekicks. The poison state and the trap vanishes if you manage to land a hit on me through whatever means. When you're in, don't let me breathe. SPAM that st.lk, throw me, shimmy me, meaty pressure me. Make me feel like if I let you in, I might as well put the controller down.

Your usage of the EX spirur arrow was a good one but you kept at too much of a distance for it to be at it's most effective. Also you can empty jump, land on the trap and still block it. It's when you do an air normal/move that you can't block it.

The connection definitely felt stable enough that I could react to most things, I'd be more than happy to teach you the matchup if you wish. How was it on your end?

Those are some really good tips, in all the time I've played this game, I had no idea you could empty jump block the trap..., always thought you were SOL if it was under you.

Yeah I kept grounded because of that crHP fang has, and I honestly did try to divekick but I had so many missed inputs man smh, but that's on me. Fang's reach also kinda surprised me, crHK and fHP I think go much farther than I thought.

Yeah the connection itself was fine enough when we actually got to play, a far cry from that crazy teleportation the last time we tried, I'll be sure to hit you up again.

I mean on the one hand, I do think not everyone should look so freaking muscular.

But on the other hand, that's why we have Chun-Li's thighs the way they are now.

nsr.gif

Yeah, that has to be the main reason behind it. Would love to see the anime style come back for 6 though. When SFV is done, it'll be 15 years of this "macho" masculine design style with huge muscles. Wouldn't mind a return to Alpha land.
I don't see it tbh. Even tekken has gone full steroids.

I mean on the one hand, I do think not everyone should look so freaking muscular.

But on the other hand, that's why we have Chun-Li's thighs the way they are now.

nsr.gif
Chun Li's face (pre and post release) in SFIV could not save those thighs for me. I'm so sorry.

Whats wrong with her thighs?

Nothing, they're fabulous and I don't want them to change.

It's how every character has such insanely bulging muscles. Even Birdie has muscles and he's straight up obese.
Those are some really good tips, in all the time I've played this game, I had no idea you could empty jump block the trap..., always thought you were SOL if it was under you.

Yeah I kept grounded because of that crHP fang has, and I honestly did try to divekick but I had so many missed inputs man smh, but that's on me. Fang's reach also kinda surprised me, crHK and fHP I think go much farther than I thought.

Yeah the connection itself was fine enough when we actually got to play, a far cry from that crazy teleportation the last time we tried, I'll be sure to hit you up again.
Cammy's divekick is fantastic against FANG since he doesn't have any reversals to throw out and he doesn't have a 3-frame jab. If you constantly pressure him, he can't get the trap out to ensure his safety from jump ins. Anti airing the divekick as fang is also very risky and rarely worth doing.

That's why Cammy is IMO a 7-3 matchup for F.A.N.G in favour of Cammy.

And it's df+HP, not f+HP. And that move can also be cancelled into V-Trigger. The reason I was doing a lot of cr.hk's is because I noticed you were walking back and forth a lot.

Blueblur1

They didn't even use them for the DLC characters sans Kolin and Ed kinda. And both got considerable amounts of reworking. You'll see them in extra battle and that's it.

I think the Dolls are more likely to be featured in a later season or a new game but only after being redesigned to be completely new characters. And even then it may just be one or two of them.

dickroach

I suck at fighting games, but I wanted to give SFV a shot
was planning on running through Ryu's trials and then doing his story mode

...I can not get past trial 3.
jumping hard punch -> standing medium punch -> crouching medium kick -> hadoken

half the time it doesn't register the crouching medium kick.
i keep shuriyukening when i'm trying to hadoken, or the hadoken isn't quick enough when i do pull it off.

whyyyyy

Village

That could legit be the story.

There is no more shadooloo, all the grunts and dolls are free. Neo-shadoloo are chillin by themselves so, she could be legit looking for t hawk

She could be a lightweight grappler, like jaycee from tekken

Shadoken

Games are more expensive to make in 2017 than they were in 1997.

If anything its much cheaper to produce games now. Nobody is asking for a AAA fighting game. You have indie studios making Fighters like Skullgirls.

Dont see why Capcom cant have some low budget fighting games that cater to the hardcore audience.

I suck at fighting games, but I wanted to give SFV a shot
was planning on running through Ryu's trials and then doing his story mode

...I can not get past trial 3.
jumping hard punch -> standing medium punch -> crouching medium kick -> hadoken

half the time it doesn't register the crouching medium kick.
i keep shuriyukening when i'm trying to hadoken, or the hadoken isn't quick enough when i do pull it off.

whyyyyy

After you jump, just let go of the stick/d-pad. Don't do any motion.

Now break it down. Try doing a jumping hard punch into standing medium punch. Does it combo? Great you have it down.

Now add another layer. Do jumping hard punch into standing medium punch into crouching medium kick. Does it combo? Great you have it down.

Now add the last layer. Do the above, but as soon as the crouching medium kick hits, input the hadoken. Don't wait for it to finish, input the hadoken as soon as the crouching medium kick hits the opponent.

Remember to not do any motion before you do the hadoken. Jump, jumping hard punch, standing medium punch, crouching medium kick and cancel into hadoken.

The game is very lenient in it's inputs. If you do a hadoken but you also did forward inputs, the game just auto corrects it into a shoryuken. Same situation for Shoryuken and Critical Art/Super.

Top Bottom