• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

kofvscapcom

Neo Member
Man, that Ed story ending
Season 4 preview yo.

I do look forward to seeing how Ed vs Menat story shapes up. Does Ed pull a Piccolo? or does the conflict just pass to the next generation? And as short as Eds story was it was decently done, can't believe we got an emotional moment from Balrog

I don't think I'll ever be able to see Menat's name without thinking "Mentat" instead.
It's building all these Dune-based expectations for the character in my head.

Neoxon

Man, that Ed story ending
Season 4 preview yo.

I do look forward to seeing how Ed vs Menat story shapes up. Does Ed pull a Piccolo? or does the conflict just pass to the next generation? And as short as Eds story was it was decently done, can't believe we got an emotional moment from Balrog
It's weird realizing that Balrog is actually a pretty good dad.

giphy.gif

I've been on a little roll today. I thought it was going to be a hard set of five after the first game but I managed to adapt and dominate for most of the game after that for the win.

I wonder if learning other characters can make you stronger with your main on a neuron and muscle memory level.

giphy.gif

I've been on a little roll today. I thought it was going to be a hard set of five after the first game but I managed to adapt and dominate for most of the game after that for the win.

I wonder if learning other characters can make you stronger with your main on a neuron and muscle memory level.

That rog was mashing for dear life

HardRojo

giphy.gif

"Man, this Nash keeps playing footsies and stuffing my buttons, maybe I should back up and establish some distance to rethink my playsty- NO! FUCK THAT! I'LL JUST MASH TILL IT WORKS!"

Got Rev 2 yesterday and while I do think it's pretty what amazes me more is how fast it loads up, the fact that I can play it windowed and how it runs perfectly smooth at max settings. Feels like a wonder compared to SFV. I'm fully prepared for the game to not be anywhere near as enduring as SFV online with it's crossplay and all, though.
What if you couldn't jump over Abigail?
Abigail's CFN profile says that he's still growing, so he's possibly taller than 8'0" by now.
At this rate the only characters who'll be able to jump over him will be Vega, Alex, Bison and Kolin lol.

Sayad

I guess i'm the only one that finds midnight bliss creepy

I find that move extremely creepy, and I can kinda understand marvel specifically not being into that.

This from few days ago confused me, it's just a homophobic vampire who wouldn't suck a man's blood, nothing too creepy. But saw this video today about midnight bliss in Capcom Fighting Evolution, going cheap and cutting out the blood sucking animation really does make it very disturbing, yikes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2Lfg1NkPdk

Csr

Street Fighter X Tekken shipped with way more content but had similar sales. They probably figured it didn't matter so they saved their money.

Other than the fact that both of those titles were hurt by the bad reputation capcom fighting games have for the casuals the situation is very different than with SFV. SFxT is not a mainline entry, it had the same graphics with the same sf models and mostly the same moveset for the sf side as SFIV which was pretty popular at the time and which had a lot more polished gameplay and SFXT had a lot of problems other than the content, problems which i don't think need to be mentioned for the millionth time.

Also it had more content in the form of characters and some mp modes but as far as sp content goes which was the main content complain for SFV it barely had any more but it did at least have arcade mode.

ElFly

the Super rumor is obviously fake

anyone who has followed SFV can tell you why. check the list of characters:

Sagat, Sakura, Oro, C. Viper, Q, and Necro

NOT A SINGLE BLONDE IN IT

cackhyena

giphy.gif

I think so.

the Super rumor is obviously fake

anyone who has followed SFV can tell you why. check the list of characters:

Sagat, Sakura, Oro, C. Viper, Q, and Necro

NOT A SINGLE BLONDE IN IT

S3 will be Maki, Eagle, Ingrid, Elena (Platinum Blonde), Decapre, and Cody. Get Hype.

I know F.A.N.G hate is fun and all.

But do you actually hate F.A.N.G or do you just like to make fun of him? If you're losing consistently to a F.A.N.G then quite frankly you're being outplayed heavily. The defensive playstyle of FANG can be countered so easily, it's what's keeping me from playing the game more actively. There's nothing about the character that warrants any disrespect or hate short of his visual design.

The same could not be said for characters like Elena who was straight up FRUSTRATING to play against at a high enough level. Fucking Hearingu.

joe2187

Banned
I've honestly only ever played against like 10 FANGs online and It's always been fun really, because I never know what to expect since it reminds me of playing against Dhalsim in terms of changing up my usual methods of offense.

Id love to play against more sims and FANGS even, since im always going 50/50 against them. Playing defensive against Sim is fine, whereas against FANG it's going to get your life drained so it encourages me to rush in and either give a heavy assault or get outright murdered.

Keep F.A.N.G the way he is but make his poison legitimately damaging and then all of a sudden, F.A.N.G becomes the worst top tier.

Worst because you still have to play 3 times as hard as other top tiers for the same damage but at least it's better than 6 times. That would be reason enough for a lot of lapsed F.A.N.G mains to come back to him.

EDIT: God I shouldn't talk about FANG, it's just making me even more pissed at the SFV balancing team.

joe2187

Banned
Keep F.A.N.G the way he is but make his poison legitimately damaging and then all of a sudden, F.A.N.G becomes the worst top tier.

Worst because you still have to play 3 times as hard as other top tiers for the same damage but at least it's better than 6 times. That would be reason enough for a lot of lapsed F.A.N.G mains to come back to him.

You want his poison to eat permanent damage then? would it really make a difference?

Or would you want it to tick down faster? I could see an EX poison that would erode faster maybe but not sure what other changes you would make that wouldn't completely imbalance him.

You want his poison to eat permanent damage then? would it really make a difference?

Or would you want it to tick down faster? I could see an EX poison that would erode faster maybe but not sure what other changes you would make that wouldn't completely imbalance him.
The problem I have with the character isn't the fact that he's not viable. If you like playing an agressive F.A.N.G, then great because he's GREAT at it this season. Can get more damage off of CHs, his setups can be much more trickier and he's got nifty stuff.

The issue arises if you like playing a hit-and-run, defensive style which is what I like to do. In that circumstance, your damage is going to come from punishing your opponent's mistakes and then hanging back and letting the poison do damage for you. That poison is useless. With the fact that grey life doesn't regenerate while you're poisoned, it's literally forcing me to get in and keep hitting you even if you're blocking it. DEFENSIVE is not a style that Capcpom wants F.A.N.G to have. It's a style they don't want anyone to have.

If I was the one in charge of balancing F.A.N.G, then I'd make the changes I hypothesized back in the previous OT.

F.A.N.G
  • F.A.N.G now has 925 HP, down from 950 HP
  • St.hp is now -3 oB, down from -2 oB.
  • St.hp is now +2 oH, up from +1 oH.
  • His poison from specials now does 75 damage over 8 seconds or around 9 dmg/sec.
  • Every time a poisoned move hits the target, the damage taken is increased by 75 and will do around 18 dmg/sec and so on and so on. Duration is NOT refreshed however.
  • V-skill now does 150 damage over 8 seconds or around 18 dmg/sec if poison state is caused by V-skill. If it hits an already poisoned opponent, poison is increased by 75 dmg, just like a special move. Duration is NOT refreshed.
  • V-Trigger can now be cancelled into from medium and heavy trap if connected on the first 3 active frames of the move.
  • V-Trigger now allows poison duration to also be refreshed on top of the damage increase.
  • V-Trigger no longer has a cloud of poison covering the character, but rather a "pulse" that happens every 5 seconds. The pulse is visually the same as the previous cloud and carries the same range. Each pulse is active for 0.75 seconds.
  • The V-Trigger pulse does not refresh or increase damage of the poison, it only starts it at 75 damage over 8 seconds or around 9 dmg/sec.
  • Health lost from the poison builds the appropriate V-Trigger/Special Meter.
Notice that the first thing I did was make his st.hp worse on block and took away 25 HP. I did that because I know full well that a character that can do so much damage over time has the potential to be devastating with the movement options he has. My idea was that if you got a hit in and did damage, then you can take the risk of backing off and let that DoT work, or stay in and try to get more damage off of it. There's more reasons to my proposed changes that I can get into if you want but again, talking about this character now is just making me even more pissed at the SFV balancing team.

It's been a year and a half, and Street Fighter V's Fighter Select Theme is still one of the most hype-inducing things I've ever heard in a video game.

I wanna hear more original compositions for future releases. I feel like this team's audio squad is being hampered by being forced into doing so many remixes of old tunes. Each of the launch stages has some god-tier compositions that really encapsulate SF's feel.

Grakl

It's been a year and a half, and Street Fighter V's Fighter Select Theme is still one of the most hype-inducing things I've ever heard in a video game.

I wanna hear more original compositions for future releases. I feel like this team's audio squad is being hampered by being forced into doing so many remixes of old tunes. Each of the launch stages has some god-tier compositions that really encapsulate SF's feel.
Yup I always keep the music settings in match on stage music lol

Top Bottom