• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

I really wish Capcom would just improve the existing V-Skills and V-Reversals. For some characters they're amazing and for others - like you guys said above - they're situational and limited. I wish they were more even in terms of usefulness across the entire cast.

I think it's getting there. The boost in meter game feels like they are testing that aspect first and then changing things up if the values are fine in practice.

histopher

Really hoping Super adds more stages. Brand new ones and retros from other games than SF2 please. Drop Sagat with the A2 grass stage for max hype.

Back only a couple days and I'm reminding of biggest issues with the game: phantom inputs.
I shouldn't be able to do Necalli's d. m kick>m. stomp with only one button press.
It makes his bnb pressure completely unreliable for me, cause who knows if the l. stomp I tapped in, or the phantom m.stomp is coming.

Back only a couple days and I'm reminding of biggest issues with the game: phantom inputs.
I shouldn't be able to do Necalli's d. m kick>m. stomp with only one button press.
It makes his bnb pressure completely unreliable for me, cause who knows if the l. stomp I tapped in, or the phantom m.stomp is coming.

It's not a "phantom input", it's negative edge, you're holding the button too long.

ElFly

it's called negative edge, and happens if you complete a move when you are releasing the button, instead of when pressing it

to avoid it, keep the button pressed until it is safe to let go, or just don't keep the button pressed that much while moving the stick around

It's not a "phantom input", it's negative edge, you're holding the button too long.

I can get the two hits on a tap. Hell, holding the button down is the only way I can for sure stop it.

it's called negative edge, and happens if you complete a move when you are releasing the button, instead of when pressing it

to avoid it, keep the button pressed until it is safe to let go, or just don't keep the button pressed that much while moving the stick around

Problem is, on pad. Normally, this input I roll my thumb from O to X. So this is really hard to avoid for me.
Edit actually holding down m. kick the whole time seems to work lol, nvm

Twice in one match just now I tried to Spin Knuckle behind a cornered Karin and she just jabs in the wrong direction (out of the corner) and it hits me anyway and it even shows "Cross-up" under her like she's the one who crossed me up.
Does Karin's crouching jab have a hitbox behind her or something?

Zackat

I just want better training tools in the game. Like frame data right in training mode, a "dojo" mode to learn the game (proper punishes, spacing) in a more fun way than just grinding your ass off, etc.

nothing compared to the true king though (before anyone tries to act like 3s has anything good, it's not that one) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd-bCVputzA
It's concerning that people are still pretending that Indestructible was good.

I won't give SFIV credit for much, but Super Street Fighter IV's character select themes are perhaps my favourite in the series, I loved both versions of it, always got me hype listening to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdp8KhQl3jU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgTFGssdC7k

The ones they put in for Ultra were a considerable step down. :(

vulva

It's concerning that people are still pretending that Indestructible was good.

I won't give SFIV credit for much, but Super Street Fighter IV's character select themes are perhaps my favourite in the series, I loved both versions of it, always got me hype listening to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdp8KhQl3jU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgTFGssdC7k

The ones they put in for Ultra were a considerable step down. :(

There's something concerning here, that's for sure...

Devid905

I think tomorrow, Capcom will change the background of its Street Fighter logo (on Facebook and Twitter) and post a teaser pic of Abigail.

I'm going through Story Mode stuff again and good lord, Viper is all over the place in some of these

There's no way she isn't coming up in S3

Blueblur1

If there's no character announcement at E3 maybe it'll happen at CEO.

Last year we got a peak at Balrog during E3 because Bornfree tweeted video of his Cinematic Story Mode fight without knowing he wasn't supposed to. Then the Balrog + Juri + Urien trailer debuted after SFV Top 8. I wouldn't mind if the same thing happened this time.

trixx

Is this actually best starting char? Cause I can't do sht with him

Also don't know what to do against cross ups and high low mix-ups

FluxWaveZ

Infil playing Ed

https://www.twitch.tv/infiltration85

He's using a lot more tools than PR Rog, for sure

I forgot that this was in Korea, where watching people eat is apparently a thing.

People that let the runback timer run out after a match are really fucking annoying motherfuckers.

It's always annoyed me. People have their circumstances, like those who need to leave when a set is 1 - 1, but it happens too often for some to not just leave it there intentionally until it hits 0, for whatever reason. I usually just quit out if I see the countdown go down enough.

I had a dumbass in Casual or Ranked (I don't remember which) who decided to whittle my health down to near death and decided to just wait and mess around for 70-80 seconds or so, when I was letting him kill me because the connection was so bad and he was 1 round up. First person I put in my Blacklist.

nothing compared to the true king though (before anyone tries to act like 3s has anything good, it's not that one) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd-bCVputzA
SF4 rubbed me wrong on basically every artistic decision they made. I pretty much only have appreciation for the fact it brought SF back to life. I hated the art style, the really bad hyper-techno music, and the GOD-AWFUL announcer and fight sounds.

The only music I liked from SF4 was Drive-In at Night, because damn that track is good.

sixghost

Playing Vega is the most frustrating thing in the world. He' super fun until the opponent remembers they can just jump at you all game and you can't do shit. With all the crazy crap certain characters can do in this game, they can't even give him one decent anti air. Cr.HP is the best he's got and even that whiffs on horizontal stuff like Alex's J.HK.

Fuck this character.

Not even gonna lie, I miss FADC. A mechanic that actually grew along with the player. This game, and it's top characters, are way too easy to execute with. I have mediocre execution, and HORRIBLE hit confirming, and I can manage both with a few of the top characters. I'm also terrible at playing more than one character at a time, so that makes things even worse when I can do it.

SFV is such a great game, and I'll love and support it until SFVI, but it really is slacking in the execution and output department. I hate this whole "everyone can do it now" shit. It just makes things less significant.

Am I just losing my mind?

Mizerman

If there's no character announcement at E3 maybe it'll happen at CEO.

Last year we got a peak at Balrog during E3 because Bornfree tweeted video of his Cinematic Story Mode fight without knowing he wasn't supposed to. Then the Balrog + Juri + Urien trailer debuted after SFV Top 8. I wouldn't mind if the same thing happened this time.

Either E3 or CEO.

Infil playing Ed

https://www.twitch.tv/infiltration85

He's using a lot more tools than PR Rog, for sure

I see him using FANG as well. That's interesting.

Infil's cat is messing with his Battle Settings while he's off-cam, haha. It reset his button layout and changed his preferred character to Balrog.

EDIT: IT ALMOST BOUGHT ED'S BATTLE COSTUME TOO

Village

" i know you be trying to play juri but that shit ain't working out, imma get you this ed outfit we can look fresh bashin heads in online. And when you get back Imma meow at you like I haven't been fed, but I actually have I just want more food"

lupinko

I bought the CPT bundle because it's spend $100 get $15 back on PSN time.

So what extra missions do we get in it for extra fight money?

I really wanna use them on stages and colours.

Top Bottom