• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Some times I feel like a bad person with the schadenfreud I have towards Chris Tatarian, but it's like a punchline with him & Zangief at this point.
Those memories of getting roasted by crazy shotos over the years prejudiced me.

giphy.gif

Anytime I see a Urien is saving meter I bully the shit outta them. If they don't use their meter they don't get a reversal and lord knows they aren't gonna use that v-reversal to get out of pressure. And if they do they can't dump it into some dumb setup they learned from a yotuube video.

Durden77

Damn, I haven't played this game in a while. Glad I logged in for that 50,000 FM. And sweet new trials. So glad cause I'm so behind on FM, but now all I need is the Barcelona stage.

And fuck this game is as good as ever. I really like Ed. How people been feelin about him?

ElFly

tried the new set of trials for SFV

THEY ARE FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE

cannot do the final one for zanI MAIN ZANGIEF WHAT THE FUCK

I cannot even do the first one for balrog, cause it requires to do a target combo slightly delayed so it doesn't combo normally

I only completed the cammy one. and even that was a struggle. wish her super was done backwards, like in the original beta

I cannot even do the first one for balrog, cause it requires to do a target combo slightly delayed so it doesn't combo normally

I only completed the cammy one. and even that was a struggle. wish her super was done backwards, like in the original beta
At least Ed's is really easy.

Teh Lurv

The simpler trials in vol 2 seem to give me more trouble. I was losing my cool on Gief's trial #7 mashing the sequence over and over again, until I re-watched the demonstration and realized I had to connect the knee at max range to successfully link to the light kick.

Neoxon

Please Sneakers

Please

Just tell me how Abigail plays

Even just a tiny hint

I just want someone like Hugo. Birdie burned me bad, I don't want to make hard reads all day. Just let this boy clap
He's banned right now. I'd imagine that he'll be back after E3.

ElFly

The simpler trials in vol 2 seem to give me more trouble. I was losing my cool on Gief's trial #7 mashing the sequence over and over again, until I re-watched the demonstration and realized I had to connect the knee at max range to successfully link to the light kick.

that gave me a lot of trouble too, but I realized that, yeah, I had to do it at some distance

That's funny. I'm sure you could whoop my ass (I main Gief too) and I got through the trials. Just keep at it. :p
Please Sneakers

Please

Just tell me how Abigail plays

Even just a tiny hint

I just want someone like Hugo. Birdie burned me bad, I don't want to make hard reads all day. Just let this boy clap
I mean, Gief got a lot of Hugo's properties. He got the jump-knee, and his headbutt is oddly reminiscent of The Clap (but with shorter range).

Welp, turns out ChrisG is a scumbag. Disappointing but not altogether unexpected, considering sone of the stuff he's said before.
I'd heard hearsay about ChrisG, but this is some proof that he's not the most savory character.

kirblar

SFxT was a bit of an oddball game, where the non-top level play was so much more interesting than the tippy top level play because of how defensive the game got. (Whiff punishing was the #1 best thing you could do since any hit -> chain combo - > massive damage)

Combined with the TTT KO system (Which between xT and TTT2 I've completely soured on) This led to a bajillion safe blockstrings at high levels and a lot of "nothigns happening, nothing happening"... and then suddenly someone would lose 40% of their lifebar.

"SFxT was a bit of an oddball game, where the non-top level play was so much more interesting than the tippy top level play because of how defensive the game got. (Whiff punishing was the #1 best thing you could do since any hit -> chain combo - > massive damage) "

This is the opposite of true. Boost chains did way less damage per hit *and* increased the scaling of combos dramatically. Likewise, the tippy top level players (Coolkid93, Kelvin Jeon, Sethlolol) were far, far, far from defensive.

I used to for a few weeks but I don't enjoy his stubby normals

Even for sfv they are too short

Abigail will save me you'll see

ill probably go back to Urien or bison or someone safe let's just be honest here

Hyun Sai

Wow, Fuudo took the Rage tournament with Mika, didn't lose one set.

1. GRPT|Fuudo (R. Mika)
2. AW|Nemo (Urien)
3. GRPT|Haitani (Necalli)
4. DNG|Itabashi Zangief (Zangief)
5. Kichipa-mu (Zangief)
5. Mishie (Laura)
7. FOX|Momochi (Ken)
7. Ponzaman (Rashid)

Csr

I firmly believe when SF6 comes out, if Capcom still exists, people will start a petition to go back to V.

The people that don't like sfv are not the ones that would be making that theoretical petition. Different people like different iterations of street fighter, there isn't as much flip flopping as you suggest, unless capcom starts adding a lot of stuff that people don't like and then the lesser of two evils becomes the preferred version.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Ucchedavāda;239881701 said:
The fuck?
So much for my hope that the new CFN would get rid of that downtime.
But this is right in the middle of E3. They're gonna drop some awesome new content on us after blowing our minds at Sony's conference!

Lolololol

Top Bottom