• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

MCD250

Wow, Fuudo took the Rage tournament with Mika, didn't lose one set.

1. GRPT|Fuudo (R. Mika)
2. AW|Nemo (Urien)
3. GRPT|Haitani (Necalli)
4. DNG|Itabashi Zangief (Zangief)
5. Kichipa-mu (Zangief)
5. Mishie (Laura)
7. FOX|Momochi (Ken)
7. Ponzaman (Rashid)
It feels like Fuudo's always the bridesmaid, never the bride when it comes to these tournaments, so good on him for taking this one, let alone convincingly.

I used to for a few weeks but I don't enjoy his stubby normals

Even for sfv they are too short

Abigail will save me you'll see

ill probably go back to Urien or bison or someone safe let's just be honest here

That is true...
I swear, I feel like some of his hit boxes actually got shortened in season 2.

HotHamBoy

Hey I have 70,000 FM, what should I buy?

Temple Hideout
Temple of Ascension
Flamenco Tavern

Those are the three stages I don't have, except Skies of Honor which I wouldn't use.

I'm leaning Temple Hideout just cause it's bright and colorful but they all look nice.

Rymuth

Temple Hideout
Temple of Ascension
Flamenco Tavern

Those are the three stages I don't have, except Skies of Honor which I wouldn't use.

I'm leaning Temple Hideout just cause it's bright and colorful but they all look nice.
I do love Temple Hideout but I may be a bit biased in that regard.

Temple of Ascension is just boring to look at but the remaining two choices are good

Spman2099

Welp, turns out ChrisG is a scumbag. Disappointing but not altogether unexpected, considering sone of the stuff he's said before.

What the hell does ratchet mean? When did this word become a thing?

In all honesty, that seems about in line with general FGC shittiness. The FGC can be a very inclusive place, but it can also be heavily prejudiced. The problem is, so many people like the FGC "raw", which often translates to unapologetically saying ignorant shit.

JusDoIt

What the hell does ratchet mean? When did this word become a thing?

In all honesty, that seems about in line with general FGC shittiness. The FGC can be a very inclusive place, but it can also be heavily prejudiced. The problem is, so many people like the FGC "raw", which often translates to unapologetically saying ignorant shit.

People need to understand you can be raw without being intolerant and prejudiced. The same rules apply to the FGC as apply to sports. Talk all the trash you want, but keep it about the game. Don't attack somebody's person.

Yipes is the best illustration that being raw ≠ being an asshole. Nobody in the FGC is rawer than Yipes, and nobody seems to be a nicer guy than him either.

Lulubop

People need to understand you can be raw without being intolerant and prejudiced. The same rules apply to the FGC as apply to sports. Talk all the trash you want, but keep it about the game. Don't attack somebody's person.

Yipes is the best illustration that being raw ≠ being an asshole. Nobody in the FGC is rawer than Yipes, and nobody seems to be a nicer guy than him either.

Facts. Well said.

In a just world, FGC players would lose sponsorships and get banned from tournaments for spouting that kind of ignorant bullcrap. Can you imagine the reaction if a pro basketball player said that all black female athletes are ratchet? If players want eSports to be taken more seriously by mainstream audiences then they have to accept the backlash that will result from their actions being under closer scrutiny.

Teh Lurv

Temple Hideout
Temple of Ascension
Flamenco Tavern

I love the design of Temple Hideout, though I don't care for the background NPCs. They just seem out of place on the stage.

Temple of Ascension is good, but for some reason its the only stage my PC can't maintain solid 60fps on at max settings @ 1080p.

For me, my recommend order would be:
1. Hideout
2. Tavern
3. ToA

myco666

In a just world, FGC players would lose sponsorships and get banned from tournaments for spouting that kind of ignorant bullcrap. Can you imagine the reaction if a pro basketball player said that all black female athletes are ratchet? If players want eSports to be taken more seriously by mainstream audiences then they have to accept the backlash that will result from their actions being under closer scrutiny.

Yup. ChrisG should get banned from playing at pro tour for a certain time period.

Temple Hideout
Temple of Ascension
Flamenco Tavern

If you're a Vega main, cop the Flamenco Tavern.

I don't see Capcom doing much to hold high-profile players to any standard. They might do something minor if anything really blows up in their face (see for example Aris), but I wouldn't expect to see any reaction here.

Temple Hideout
Temple of Ascension
Flamenco Tavern

I vote Temple Hideout. It's such a pretty stage with great colors.

After that I'd vote Temple of Ascension, if you want a minimalistic stage.

The Flamenco Tavern is nice, and the theme is great, but the fence kinda ruins the stage for me.

Shackzam

If there's a top player I expect to say dumb ignorant shit that he doesn't actually mean. I most likely think it's Chris. This isn't the first time he's said some dumb shit before.

Yup. ChrisG should get banned from playing at pro tour for a certain time period.

Ucchedavāda;239925705 said:
I don't see Capcom doing much to hold high-profile players to any standard. They might do something minor if anything really blows up in their face (see for example Aris), but I wouldn't expect to see any reaction here

They banned Noel Brown for molesting a woman on camera, so they really should ban ChrisG for this nonsense too. Just because the harassment isn't physical doesn't mean it isn't just as bad, and it arguably makes the community look even worse since he can't try and explain it away like Brown did. The double-standard of punishing physical harassment while turning a blind eye to bigotry and verbal/online harassment is infuriating and gross.

Nothing happens when players break coaching rules on the main stage. Ain't shit gonna happen to someone being an ass in his private life even if it is on social media.

There's gonna be MvC:I news in a few days, and people will forget all about this.

MCD250

ChrisG's always struck me as a fairly toxic, unpleasant person, so him being a scumbag on top of that isn't the least bit surprising. I doubt anything serious will come of it though (he might get a talking to from his manager at Evil Geniuses), because as someone said, for all its inclusiveness this type of behavior is also not particularly uncommon within the FGC.

Damn went 0-2 in the CPT online event (so many DQs) Got to play against Flash (Urien) and ZeroGoukiX (Rashid)

Got a few rounds on Flash so I feel alright about that. Fuck Rashido tho. That matchup is just the worse.

mbpm1

I thought ChrisG had learned better. I still remember when he all but insulted Robin Williams after his death bc he didn't respect people who committed suicide

He didn't insult robin williams?
He made a statement about suicide in general, lot's of people find it unforgivable.

He wrote "I do not have respect for ppl who take their own lives" which is an asinine thing to write, especially so in the context of a man struggling with depressing who had just taken his own life.

Ucchedavāda;239943001 said:
He wrote "I do not have respect for ppl who take their own lives" which is an asinine thing to write, especially so in the context of a man struggling with depressing who had just taken his own life.

Like I said, a lot of people find suicide unforgivable, be it for philosophical, personal or religious reasons.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";239930895]I'm definitely fine with not caring about the opinions of people I only know for playing videogames.[/QUOTE]

Not caring is how this kinda crap keeps happening though. The road to making the FGC welcoming to everyone regardless of age, gender or experience is by exising carcinogenic individuals like ChrisG.

Top Bottom