• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Celcius

°Temp. member
After all this time I finally figured out how to get it to recognize my 2 dualshock 4's and let me play 2 player versus locally. All I had to do was disable DS4Windows lol.

anigif_enhanced-25055-1410468754-2.gif

Hey Capcom

I'm hungry.

I made this post in the Praise an obscure game thread.
In Bloody Roar 3, you can pause the game then select "go into training mode" from the pause menu then pick a stage then pick Player 1 and 2 THEN have the loading screen start and you're immediately where you want to be.

In practically every other game, you pause then go to the main menu. Then you go to training mode. Then you choose the characters then you choose the stage.

Just a small but very handy QoL feature that I've seen so few fighting games implement.
I want this feature to become standard for practically every fighting game with online.

Have the option to go into training mode with the same characters that were in the match, allowing you to lab against stuff you were having trouble with.

And then have the option to go straight into searching for a match FROM training mode (assuming the game doesn't allow for matchmaking while in training mode)

Sayad

I made this post in the Praise an obscure game thread.
I want this feature to become standard for practically every fighting game with online.

Have the option to go into training mode with the same characters that were in the match, allowing you to lab against stuff you were having trouble with.

And then have the option to go straight into searching for a match FROM training mode (assuming the game doesn't allow for matchmaking while in training mode)
You can do that in Xrd Rev 2 training mode now, yet you still can't record wake up options in a game with characters like I-No, Millia, Raven, etc... Who's whole gameplan is oki into oki. :(

You can do that in Xrd Rev 2 training mode now, yet you still can't record wake up options in a game with characters like I-No, Millia, Raven, etc... Who's whole gameplan is oki into oki. :(

What the hell, seriously? That sounds like an absolutely basic feature for a fighting game in 2017 :|
tfw i cant upgrade my copy of vanilla xrd to rev2. feels bad
I know how you feel, Baiken and Answer look really cool but I can't justify spending 40$ for a game that I'm rarely going to play.

Yep, same reason I didn't get rev 2.
When they put revelator on steam full price I was done with ASW.
Just gonna wait till the "extend" version of xrd releases, or when rev2 drops to sub €20

JusDoIt

I know how you feel, Baiken and Answer look really cool but I can't justify spending 40$ for a game that I'm rarely going to play.

I bought Rev 1, played the tutorial, thought "Wow! This is really clever! And those graphics!" turned it off after a half hour and never played it again.

Playing alot of injustice 2 lately and it reminded me how much I like CFN. Its really such an amazing resource to be able to look at the leaderboards find top players of your character and watch all their replays. You can't do anything like that in injustice as far as I know, I miss it.

mbpm1

Fighting games are a genre of one game drops the ball, another picks it up while dropping the ball, and so on.

That's the thing, overall there are a lot of good features and mindfulness with FGs, but nobody has put it all together yet.

extensive single player modes, customization, solid netcode that lets you play people o nthe other side of the world like they're right next to you, comprehensive tutorials, great animation, great ui, strong music, they're all out there but it's not in one place.

MrCarter

Playing alot of injustice 2 lately and it reminded me how much I like CFN. Its really such an amazing resource to be able to look at the leaderboards find top players of your character and watch all their replays. You can't do anything like that in injustice as far as I know, I miss it.

This. CFN is a great feature (when there are no errors of course) that Capcom have implemented and hope they keep on improving it in the future.

Neoxon

But they do have better netcode & a notification symbol for if they're using either a wired or Wi-Fi connection (both of which I want in SFV).

remz

ChrisG's always struck me as a fairly toxic, unpleasant person, so him being a scumbag on top of that isn't the least bit surprising. I doubt anything serious will come of it though (he might get a talking to from his manager at Evil Geniuses), because as someone said, for all its inclusiveness this type of behavior is also not particularly uncommon within the FGC.

Basically... esp the first bit about chris g. his reaction to pretty much.... anything, at any time is usually unpleasant so i'm not surprised. still awful shit to say tho.

chris g doesn't fuck unless you know how to dp...

I see some modders want to charge for their mods, i understand it's time consuming and you want a buck or 2, but some their work is a ripoff of other people's patented work like Kolin as Tier Harribel from Bleach..

Village

I see some modders want to charge for their mods, i understand it's time consuming and you want a buck or 2, but some their work is a ripoff of other people's patented work like Kolin as Tier Harribel from Bleach..

Yeah, that's kind of weird, I wonder if that can get legally weird when more games embrace steam workshop

Along with the issue of some modders, uploading their mods to just slow download sites when they release them for free.

paying for mods lol

Whats wrong with that? Someone worked to do something and wants to be compensated?

mbpm1

I wouldn't pay for a mod unless they had a proven track record in delivering quality extended content that i would enjoy for hours.

And did more than a damn cosmetic.

Zackat

balrog gets me so salty. one counter hit and you are across the other side of the stage, in a corner, stunned. essentially.

blah

nded

Charging money for altering copyrighted assets without the express written consent of the copyright holder seems like a legal minefield, and anyone skilled enough to create content from scratch would probably have better revenue streams available to them than trying to scrape together a few bucks for making a Street Fighter titty mod.

Village

I wouldn't pay for a mod unless they had a proven track record in delivering quality extended content that i would enjoy for hours.

And did more than a damn cosmetic.

So you don't pay for costumes for games then?

Just wanted to ask, because valve lets people monetize mods they money? A lot of them cosmetic. Whats your problem here?

Charging money for altering copyrighted assets without the express written consent of the copyright holder seems like a legal minefield, and anyone skilled enough to create content from scratch would probably have better revenue streams available to them than trying to scrape together a few bucks for making a Street Fighter titty mod.

Why are you assuming its some boob mod. Also what if they just like modding games they like? What if it is a hobby, and they can also get paid while doing this?

The legal minefield is rather true though, but I think that lives in the same place that commissioned fan art lives. Because its making no claims at being official art, you bought it for the artists take, as with mods.

mbpm1

So you don't pay for costumes for games then?

Just wanted to ask, because valve lets people monetize mods they money? A lot of them cosmetic. Whats your problem here?

only with fight money.

*shrug*

also you can't see mods on the other end.

I'll pay for a mod in SFV when the modder receives a check that says Capcom on it.

Ucchedavāda;240008653 said:
Speaking of mods, it looks like ToolAssisted has released a mod for Tekken 7 that drastically cuts down on the "loading" time, making it about as fast as modded SFV. Turns out that game was wasting your time the same way that SFV does:

https://twitter.com/TOOLASSlSTED/status/873718047122624512
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKlL_ZtyfJY

It's absolutely absurd with loading times like that, considering that a match in fighting games may last no more than 1-2 minutes.

lmao

i hate how they make you wait.

do devs like, get bonuses based on cumulative hours played on a game or something? why drag it out so long?

Top Bottom