• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Ucchedavāda;240008653 said:
Speaking of mods, it looks like ToolAssisted has released a mod for Tekken 7 that drastically cuts down on the "loading" time, making it about as fast as modded SFV. Turns out that game was wasting your time the same way that SFV does:

https://twitter.com/TOOLASSlSTED/status/873718047122624512
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKlL_ZtyfJY

It's absolutely absurd with loading times like that, considering that a match in fighting games may last no more than 1-2 minutes.

But nah, lets only give SFV shit for it

DKL

I don't know why some games have loading times, actually...

In Nier Automata, I always suspected you were looking at a loading cutscene because there's evidence in the game that shows that it's possible to reload the state of the world quickly...

Game devs pls

MrCarter

Always liked these parts in the intro :p

BitterDismalAmericanalligator.gif

EnchantedUnsungArrowana.gif

That whole intro was sick. Hope they do another one for the new Story Mode (if there is one).

I don't know why some games have loading times, actually...

In Nier Automata, I always suspected you were looking at a loading cutscene because there's evidence in the game that shows that it's possible to reload the state of the world quickly...

Game devs pls

I think it's to sync up shit for servers, but then again the mods prove that doesn't matter. Maybe Japanese developers aren't used to the UE4 yet?

That whole intro was sick. Hope they do another one for the new Story Mode (if there is one).

I think it's to sync up shit for servers, but then again the mods prove that doesn't matter. Maybe Japanese developers aren't used to the UE4 yet?

With Tekken's release, thats what I've been thinking. For SFV it could've just been Capcpom being Capcpom, but with Tekken having the same issue, its got me wondering.
Are there any other fighters currently using UE4?

myco666

I always forget that this game even had a intro. Don't understand why it only plays once.

Been playing bunch of trials in USFIV and there is one little thing I like about it that is missing in V. In SFV you do the trials against Ryu in default costume color 2. In USFIV it is Dan with all protective gear on. Its a small thing but I really like that little touch.

RM8

Ucchedavāda;240008653 said:
Speaking of mods, it looks like ToolAssisted has released a mod for Tekken 7 that drastically cuts down on the "loading" time, making it about as fast as modded SFV. Turns out that game was wasting your time the same way that SFV does:

https://twitter.com/TOOLASSlSTED/status/873718047122624512
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKlL_ZtyfJY

It's absolutely absurd with loading times like that, considering that a match in fighting games may last no more than 1-2 minutes.
Maybe it's just my PC, but I tried this mod for Tekken 7, and while it definitely was faster, sometimes it was a bit too fast and I could see the stages and models rendering before being able to play, lol. So I don't think I'm going to use it... a shame, because it works perfectly for me in SFV.

Maybe it's just my PC, but I tried this mod for Tekken 7, and while it definitely was faster, sometimes it was a bit too fast and I could see the stages and models rendering before being able to play, lol. So I don't think I'm going to use it... a shame, because it works perfectly for me in SFV.

That just happens because the background for the VS screen is transparent. Normally that would be hidden behind the loading animation. I'll gladly trade it looking a bit ugly for a much shorter wait.

Everybody else dressing up like it's Halloween or showing up shirtless like an idiot while Dan and Guile are the only ones smart enough to wear protective gear.

myco666

That's because it's one of Dan's alt costumes.

Off the top of my head, no one in SF5 has an alt costume like that (because no one in SF5 is a coward like Dan lol)

And Capcom is incapable of doing such outfit for Ryu for that exact purpose? Like it is a small thing and whatever but it is still a nice touch.

MrCarter

And Capcom is incapable of doing such outfit for Ryu for that exact purpose? Like it is a small thing and whatever but it is still a nice touch.

I also think it would a nice little touch. I'ts strange, because they can have thong Urien and premium costume alternates between rounds (via specific buttons) yet they omitted this.

DKL

Decided to randomly jump into rank and the first character I play against is Balrog, who I've never actually fought before.

Game pls

(I won the set, but I can see why the character is a pain lol)

EDIT:

I'm also getting hit with choppy JPN connections ;-;

Village

Neither is bboy outfit but he still has that.

Sponsorship and it was design with him in mind

That outfit is for dan, dan is a lame dude. So he needs help , so he gets body armor. That doesn't fit ryu. Character design isn't some shit you just slap onto another person and it just works a lot of the time, there's more thought put into it

myco666

Sponsorship and it was design with him in mind

That outfit is for dan, dan is a lame dude. So he needs help , so he gets body armor. That doesn't fit ryu. Character design isn't some shit you just slap onto another person and it just works a lot of the time, there's more thought put into it

So a character can have totally unfitting costume as long as a major corporation is paying for it?

Not really asking to have the exact same outfit for Ryu. Just something different from default costume color 02. You know, have it be more of a "hey this is training" situation. Hell, they could have just have a costume that turns him into Dan or something.

DKL

Man, between the choppiness and the game randomly quitting maybe due to the choppiness, I'm not sure I can deal lol

I was just looking to relax and push buttons ;_;

DKL

I know I just talked about it, but I'm still thinking about my failed attempt to play SFV online during the last hour...

For you guys without access to locals, how do you deal ;________;

myco666

I mean...that's how it is in real life, when real people get sponsored...

I am not seeing Snake Eyez wearing a clock around his neck.

I know I just talked about it, but I'm still thinking about my failed attempt to play SFV online during the last hour...

For you guys without access to locals, how do you deal ;________;

By crying myself to sleep every night.

anyone want to play in about 30 mins?

Sure.

DKL

Unless your PC can't run the game at a constant 60 fps, no.

Do make sure your system is using wired internet though, regardless of PC or PS4.

My PC runs Tekken on the highest settings in window mode or whatever just fine and I'm always wired...

I just have to assume at this point it's just SFV ;_;

(that or window mode is a blowup and I should just dedicate the screen, but it'd be annoying if I have to do this with SF when I don't for any of my other games)

By crying myself to sleep every night.

It's a hard life.

With even worse connection!

It actually seems semi OK on PC, but I don't know how OK really since there are times where I'm sure I'm down-backing, but then the game says I'm not :v

(but at least I can move around and maybe get out of the mixup :thumbsup:)

But yeah, both games take forever to get me into a match or whatever.

But it's possible that this window in SFV is a blowup for US since I was mostly getting EU and JPN connections.

(that or window mode is a blowup and I should just dedicate the screen, but it'd be annoying if I have to do this with SF when I don't for any of my other games)

You could try borderless fullscreen mode and see if that works better. That way you can still use that screen for other stuff between matches. Just add "-fullscreen -borderless" without the quotes to the launch options for SFV in Steam.

joe2187

Banned
Man, if capcom dont show us what the stage and new costume is for the CPT bundle during E3 I'm not even gonna bother with it anymore.

DKL

OK, ran the game in full window mode and I got one semi choppy match and then an OK match.

But the game crashed during the OK match, so I decide to go to the Steam discussion page and it turns out that my drawing tablets and whatever are probably crashing the game ;_;

That's a very random issue >_>

EDIT:

Also, Ed theme seems kinda cool.

Neoxon

I'd imagine that we may get an Abigail (or whoever is next) reveal at E3. Ed was mainly delayed due to the CFN update, so I'd imagine that the next character is on schedule for this month (see Balrog & Juri, despite Ibuki's delay).

If we get a stage that has a remix of F.A.N.G's theme hnnngggggghghghhghhhhh

F.A.N.G's theme is the best piece of music in the game. Even Mike Ross and Gootecks couldn't help but groove to the music.

I was THIS close to getting that song to play during my sister's wedding but oh well.

DKL

Played a first to 2 set in Rank against a Bison player. The connection was nice. No crashes or whatever.

The game is fun when it works :v

(that said, to win the entire thing, I hit him with that dirty thing where I get the stun, do a jump in combo, intentionally drop the combo, then command grab with Birdie >_>)

Top Bottom