• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Producer

Thanks for the kind words guys, honestly I wasn't fishing for re-assurance or anything. I was mostly just bitching about how since (as ironic as it sounds) moving to LA I've lost the ability to play locals. WNF is basically impossible for me to get to and there aren't any locals that are relatively close by for me. Trust me, I've looked too.

I miss Toronto.

living in LA too i definately get what you mean lol. Getting to WNF would be a big hassle. Im forever gonna be an online warrior

If you do, pick Necalli.
Daigo can't handle Seismo

hqdefault.jpg

I've always enjoyed watching Daigo play Ryu. More than I ever enjoyed watching his Evil Ryu, more than I ever enjoyed his Yun or his Guile.

For two reasons. One, If this man thinks that he has a read on you then he will shut out all thoughts and everything around him and go for that. Which is what leads to walk up OmeShoryus.

Second, is that he values his positioning so highly that he will at times just straight up stand there until you adjust your positioning. He will also just casually WALK FORWARD against opponents that have dangerous cancellable lows, dangerous sweeps, ground pounds what have you. The man just does NOT GIVE A SINGLE FUCK when he sets his mind to something.

It's truly like watching someone enforce their will in the middle of a street fighter match.
everyone should play necalli imo
But this man also plays too defensive which is why you should always pick Necalli against him.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Just got my new Fighting Commander with the x-input mode switch and SFV won't recognize it! When I switch it to PS4 mode, the game lets me configure it as a d-input controller just fine, so if I have to do that that's what I'll do, but what the fuck. I've disabled all of Steam's controller options; this thing should just work like a 360 pad when I plug it in, shouldn't it?

Can anyone else with the FC4 (PS4/PS3/PC model) enlighten me? Does yours work with SFV in x-input mode?

Ryce

You think they'll give us a taste of Menat & Zeku like how we got snippets of Juri & Urien last year?
Probably not, considering Juri and Urien were announced months in advance and appeared in the story mode that was about to be released. Capcom probably wants to keep Menat and Zeku a "surprise."

sixghost

How do you get Chun Li's Cr.LK, Cr.LK xx EX Legs xx VTrigger, St.MP, Cr. HP xx Legs, Cr.LP, Cr.MK xx SBK combo to connect?

I'm always too far to land the Cr.LP at the end of the combo. Do you have to walk forward for 1 or 2 frames at some point in the combo?

Producer

How do you get Chun Li's Cr.LK, Cr.LK xx EX Legs xx VTrigger, St.MP, Cr. HP xx Legs, Cr.LP, Cr.MK xx SBK combo to connect?

I'm always too far to land the Cr.LP at the end of the combo. Do you have to walk forward for 1 or 2 frames at some point in the combo?

You have to slightly delay the cancel into legs after doing cHP

since cHP moves her forward, you have to delay the cancel a bit so she can move forward enough so cLP can connect

BlitzKeeg

Just got my new Fighting Commander with the x-input mode switch and SFV won't recognize it! When I switch it to PS4 mode, the game lets me configure it as a d-input controller just fine, so if I have to do that that's what I'll do, but what the fuck. I've disabled all of Steam's controller options; this thing should just work like a 360 pad when I plug it in, shouldn't it?

Can anyone else with the FC4 (PS4/PS3/PC model) enlighten me? Does yours work with SFV in x-input mode?

I've had the same problem. I'd like to be able to use the left trigger and bumper, but can't because my setup requires that switch to be set.

I honestly don't know what the solution is. Perhaps one of those adapters would do it.

Probably not, considering Juri and Urien were announced months in advance and appeared in the story mode that was about to be released. Capcom probably wants to keep Menat and Zeku a "surprise."

Thing is, Menat's already been seen. We know what her visual design is like. And at the current course that the DLC is at, and in terms of some not-too-far-off future announcements about the future of SFV past 2017 Character Pass characters, Capcom may just want to get their reveals for this Season out of the way.

Besides, there is obviously something very different with the 2nd set of characters as opposed to the first set of characters this year.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I've had the same problem. I'd like to be able to use the left trigger and bumper, but can't because my setup requires that switch to be set.

I honestly don't know what the solution is. Perhaps one of those adapters would do it.
I'm just going to play in D-input mode but it's crazy how fucked up this game is under the hood.

I may not be understanding you correctly, but I'm using L1 and L2 as L3 and R3 and that works fine in PS4/d-input mode.

Ryce

Thing is, Menat's already been seen. We know what her visual design is like.
We've seen her, but from Capcom's perspective where leaks don't exist, we've only seen a fortune teller NPC in Ed's story and not a playable character named Menat. I don't know if that's something they'd want to give away in Abigail's trailer, considering how similar the Akuma, Kolin, and Ed reveals have been.

Besides, there is obviously something very different with the 2nd set of characters as opposed to the first set of characters this year.
Second set? Are you saying that we're getting more characters this year after Zeku?

kirblar

First set = Akuma, Kolin, Ed. Characters we're very familiar with.

Second set = Abigail, Menat, Zeku = who the fuck are you?

Pompadour

Now finding Ranked Matches is very difficult for me. Just last week I only had to wait something like 5-10 seconds to find a match. Anyone else experiencing problems?

If I'm going to wait forever for matches I might as well play Tekken 7.

LakeEarth

Now finding Ranked Matches is very difficult for me. Just last week I only had to wait something like 5-10 seconds to find a match. Anyone else experiencing problems?

It's been worse in my experience, and I've definitely seen others in this thread say the same.

It's been worse in my experience, and I've definitely seen others in this thread say the same.
Definitely. Last week you had matches on deck, and now it takes just as long as when it launched. :X

Pompadour

Definitely. Last week you had matches on deck, and now it takes just as long as when it launched. :X

Since people think every employee at Capcom can work on any aspect of their fighting games maybe the network engineers got assigned to MvCI Chun-Li's face

Oh well, I guess I should've expected Capcom to fuck up something they were handling fairly well for a minute.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

Just wanted to reply to this again because your post got me to try something I should have tried in the first place but didn't even think of. Switching my "broken" FC4 to PS3 mode suddenly made it work again as a d-input controller. Something is broken somewhere, but somehow it's specific to the PS4 mode (which had been working since I bought it over a year ago until recently).

So now I have a new FC that I don't need after all. But I guess at this rate I will need it eventually.

Well that was fun. Decided to just finish off the 20 ranked victories mission. Win a few, lose a few then need one more set and i go on tilt, lose 4 sets in a row and drop to ultra bronze. Luckily i then won the next set, got back to silver and got the mission.

I dont need that stress in my life.

Blueblur1

I ran brackets for 4 hours. As soon as I finished I stuffed my face with pizza and started giving my feet a break. Just watching the tournament from the crowd.

Top Bottom