• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

joe2187

Banned
Kolin has 3 counters.

One counters highs (almost exclusively for jump-ins), one counters mids, and one counters lows. If she does the wrong counter (low counter for a move that hit high), she gets hit. The counter has a 3-frame startup.

She also has an EX version of each counter which does Unholy amounts of damage. It also has 1-frame startup as opposed to 3. But she's in a counter-hit state in her recovery so you can CC her if it whiffs.

She can be thrown during the startup/active frames of all her counters even the EX version.

But her counters are different than say Ryu's parry or Giefs counter right?

So If I empty jump over her or near her I can still get hit by the high counter right? since her counter is also a hit?

And multiple hitting EX moves are useless against them apparently as I've tried.

MCD250

Hey, guys. Haven't had much chance to follow or play the game lately. Anything new with it recently?

I'm watching the CEO stream now. There's a dude playing FANG and wearing a FANG t-shirt, heh.

myco666

Have all FANG players come to CEO this year?

So If I empty jump over her or near her I can still get hit by the high counter right? since her counter is also a hit?

And multiple hitting EX moves are useless against them apparently as I've tried.

Thats the v-skill which is also a attack. -7 oB except for max range so if they are spamming that just block and punish.

Sayad

That's her V-Skill, her counters are grabs and leave in CH state for like 20 frames when they whiff.

No lol, her counter isn't a hit. It's a counter.

If you don't actually hit her at all, the counter will whiff. That's why high counters become incredibly unreliable in a match after the first time you counter a jump-in with them, since the enemy can just start empty jumping. You have to hit Kolin with the same attack as the counter for it to be successful.

Did you hit her with a jumping attack when she's in the middle of a high counter? You're fucked.

Did you hit her with an empty jump low when she's in the middle of a high counter? Her counter won't land and you'll get the hit successfully.

Did you try to frametrap her with two jabs and she did a middle counter? You're fucked.

Did you try to frametrap her but then throw/sweep her when she did a middle counter? Your throw/sweep will hit successfully.

EDIT: Boy wasted all that time writing up the situations :(

Is there no CEO OT?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1392415

Season 2.5 patch was good to FANG it seems
Best he's ever been!!

Justin Wong should still feel embarrassed for losing to FANG as a Karin player though.

I think it counters all three so just block.
Yes, it counters all three. It can be punished oB but it can be positioned so that most punishes will barely be able to reach.

It's great as a pseudo-frametrap, and as a way to deal with jump-ins that land farther away from you. Both can be risky against anybody with Kolin experience though.
I can't deal with his frametraps these days.
Sigh, will I have to write up another guide on how to deal with FANG?

Haven't played this in forever, but just out of curiosity, is Juri still ass?
VAwUo.gif

Lol, I'm pretty sure I got a similar reply the last time I popped in to confirm if Juri was indeed ass months ago.

The only thing that's changed since then was that S2.5 came out, and we already know that that patch did barely anything for Juri.

Look forward to the Season 3 patch, but to be honest I wouldn't hold out hope. If she IS buffed then it'll be a nice surprise.
Haha, I just need to re-adapt to the matchup. It'll come with time, I'm sure.
I can give more in-depth advice if you want but here's one that I've seen other FANG players abuse, and have even abused it myself. I should NOT be getting away with it nor should ANY F.A.N.G player.

FANG's st.hk (the one where he hits you with the knee twice) is +1 oB.

The only reliable frametrap he has is either st.lp, or st.mk. With st.lp, you can get a counter hit into st.hp and that leads to decent damage.

Only problem with this is that his st.lp is 4-frames. So if you have a 3-frame jab, ALWAYS do your 3-framer. It'll always trade but it's always a preferable situation to getting hit or eating more chip. If you trade, you also lose any poison you may have had on you.

If you DON'T have a 3-frame jab then you either have to late tech or DP (light DP is a reliable option since FANG's will think they can bully you) or armour through it since even moves with 3-frame armour will be effective here.

myco666

Yes, it counters all three. It can be punished oB but it can be positioned so that most punishes will barely be able to reach.

It's great as a pseudo-frametrap, and as a way to deal with jump-ins that land farther away from you. Both can be risky against anybody with Kolin experience though.

Birdie so st.mp will punish it in all situations except when it is done from max range and it will be less than -7 oB. No one manages to do that though so lucky me.

Sigh, will I have to write up another guide on how to deal with FANG?

Reizo should just add it to OT tbh

Spinky

The only thing that's changed since then was that S2.5 came out, and we already know that that patch did barely anything for Juri.

Look forward to the Season 3 patch, but to be honest I wouldn't hold out hope. If she IS buffed then it'll be a nice surprise.

Aight, thanks.

*sheds single tear*

myco666

How was the connection killu4what? GGs. Wasn't exactly sure what you wanted out of those FANG matches but I hope I was atleast somewhat helpful lol.

edit. lol too slow. It was okay. Bit of a rollback and sometimes it had teleports but most of the time it was totally playable.

And Brian f is out.

Buff
Rog

Just make TAP a motion special.

What ever they did in the CFN "upgrade" it made match making as slow as it was back in season one. Im so close to dropping the game till they fix this shit (prob never at this rate).

What ever they did in the CFN "upgrade" it made match making as slow as it was back in season one. Im so close to dropping the game till they fix this shit (prob never at this rate).

I think it did something to some people. Have you tried port forwarding and all that? It was pretty bad for me yesterday but today I'm getting a good amount of matches.

I think it did something to some people. Have you tried port forwarding and all that? It was pretty bad for me yesterday but today I'm getting a good amount of matches.

Yeah i did all that ages ago.

Its this odd thing that it used to do where for the first 30 mins it takes forever then after 2 or 3 matches it starts going at normal speed. Its odd. I got just about 3 sets in the first 30 mins then 6 in the second 30 mins.

Top Bottom