• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

lol Kenny Omega sighting

edit:: And look who it is, scumbag ChrisG on deck

So I've heard that Chris G and Marn are despicable human beings.

Who else?
I'd rather have Street Fighter 1: Championship Edition The Final Graphics
I'd love a SF1 remake. Keep it as faithful as possible, white Birdie and all, while allowing every character to be used.

And most importantly, make the game playable.

I have lost multiple times because I failed to properly punish somebobies yolo CA attempt.
It happens so rarely I'm not sure how many hits it is. Mostly with Karin players.

If I don't see 3S or Alpha on PS4 this year I'm blaming you, lol

How differently would fighting games of the past be received in today's climate. Tech is shared instantly. Bugs/glitches, OSes and things of that nature as well. SfV allows you study anybody you want at anytime. I can only imagine back then these things took much much longer to flesh out, which lead to wow moments or certain players being ahead of the curve with tech.

BlitzKeeg

Just wanted to reply to this again because your post got me to try something I should have tried in the first place but didn't even think of. Switching my "broken" FC4 to PS3 mode suddenly made it work again as a d-input controller. Something is broken somewhere, but somehow it's specific to the PS4 mode (which had been working since I bought it over a year ago until recently).

So now I have a new FC that I don't need after all. But I guess at this rate I will need it eventually.

Well it helps to have a backup I guess lol

I think we both have it set the same. Basically the left shoulder buttons do nothing and the right two are for all punches and all kicks?
That's how I have mine since it makes EXs way easier. It just sucks because I'd like to be able to map V-Trigger and V-Skill to the left shoulder buttons.

Anybody want to play a game? I've been sitting in an empty lobby for a while now :/

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Well it helps to have a backup I guess lol

I think we both have it set the same. Basically the left shoulder buttons do nothing and the right two are for all punches and all kicks?
That's how I have mine since it makes EXs way easier. It just sucks because I'd like to be able to map V-Trigger and V-Skill to the left shoulder buttons.

Anybody want to play a game? I've been sitting in an empty lobby for a while now :/

Ok I get what you're saying. The physical L1 and L2 buttons can only be used as training shortcuts but can't be mapped as action buttons.

MrCarter

That trailer looked like dog shit. I have no idea why they are bothering with that nonsense when they could be using those resources elsewhere.

nded

That trailer looked like dog shit. I have no idea why they are bothering with that nonsense when they could be using those resources elsewhere.

I doubt the budget required to make an existing game meet current iOS requirements would even make a dent in Capcom's extensive SFV to-do list.

I'm sure one person will be happy instead of updating SSF4 3DS

Chopped up and wonky as it is, I'm fairly certain more people play Volt than 3D Edition. Current phones could probably run SFIV proper at lowered settings, but Capcom is clearly just trying to maintain that SFIV Volt revenue stream with the least amount of effort possible.

Tizoc

Ed is quickly becoming one of my fav. SF5 characters. I played his prelude Story mode and I rather liked his character :p

I doubt the budget required to make an existing game meet current iOS requirements would even make a dent in Capcom's extensive SFV to-do list.

Chopped up and wonky as it is, I'm fairly certain more people play Volt than 3D Edition. Current phones could probably run SFIV proper at lowered settings, but Capcom is clearly just trying to maintain that SFIV Volt revenue stream with the least amount of effort possible.

Did it sell over a million or even more than SFV?

joe2187

Banned
Im getting super blown up by counters and it's fucking my head up.

fought a Kolin that spammed counters all day and I didn't know what to do at all. And then fought a ryu that spammed fireballs and parried everything the next match.

My head is fall fucked.

Spotted SnakeEyez on twitch repping

Im getting super blown up by counters and it's fucking my head up.

fought a Kolin that spammed counters all day and I didn't know what to do at all. And then fought a ryu that spammed fireballs and parried everything the next match.

My head is fall fucked.
Whenever I fight Kolin I get trapped in 22 hit combos where I'm in hit stun after her first confirm. I'm just like wtf, lol

Sayad

Spotted SnakeEyez on twitch repping

Whenever I fight Kolin I get trapped in 22 hit combos where I'm in hit stun after her first confirm. I'm just like wtf, lol
With VT and full super bar she can block stun into chip kill from a mile away, and it's a real block-stun, only thing you can do is v-reversal.

Yo, Justin Wong just got bodied into losers by a random Fang named Eric C, lmao!

With VT and full super bar she can block stun into chip kill from a mile away, and it's a real block-stun, only thing you can do is v-reversal.
I definitely need to gain proficiency with V-Reversals.

joe2187

Banned

But they know that and my V reversal gets grabbed, I tried to reversal three times in a single round and got grabbed all the times.

But they know that and my V reversal gets grabbed, I tried to reversal three times in a single round and got grabbed all the times.
That's only for moves (like lights) that recover quickly enough for them to throw you.

Or if you do a V-reversal pretty late in your blockstun.

In that chip out situation that Sayad mentioned, you have to look for the move where she doesn't recover fast enough. You can also V-Reversal her V-Trigger if you're already in the corner as the pushback will no longer be a factor in that situation. But that's still very situational.

Sayad

You also need to know when to v-reversal, like, after you block a VT, Kolin usually dash in to for the mix up, if you v-reversal during her dash, she can recover in time to block it or even grab you out of it, don't v-reversal right after blocking the VT(unless she's in your face in the corner)! Best time to reversal is during her string normal preferably after the second normal(HP after the knee), you'd beat her VT if she cancel into it and she wont recover in time to block if she doesn't go for VT.

joe2187

Banned
That's only for moves (like jabs) that recover quickly enough for them to throw you.

Or if you do a V-reversal pretty late in your blockstun.

In that chip out situation that Sayad mentioned, you have to look for the move where she doesn't recover fast enough. You can also V-Reversal her V-Trigger if you're already in the corner as the pushback will no longer be a factor in that situation.

I understand that. It's her counters that really confuse me and what dominated me the entire match.

It would be nice to have at least a training mode that features some of the locked fighters so you can test out which characters you might like to purchase with FM or the season pass. Im getting fucked by Eds, and Kolins, but have played so many Akumas at this point I know what to expect.

I dont know how Kolins counters work and she's not to frequent that I come across online for me, so I dont know what Im getting into.

I understand that. It's her counters that really confuse me and what dominated me the entire match.

It would be nice to have at least a training mode that features some of the locked fighters so you can test out which characters you might like to purchase with FM or the season pass. Im getting fucked by Eds, and Kolins, but have played so many Akumas at this point I know what to expect.

I dont know how Kolins counters work and she's not to frequent that I come across online for me, so I dont know what Im getting into.
Kolin has 3 counters.

One counters highs (almost exclusively for jump-ins), one counters mids, and one counters lows. If she does the wrong counter (low counter for a move that hit high), she gets hit. The counter has a 3-frame startup.

She also has an EX version of each counter which does Unholy amounts of damage and stun. It also has 1-frame startup as opposed to 3. But she's in a counter-hit state in her recovery so you can CC her if it whiffs.

She can be thrown during the startup/active frames of all her counters even the EX version.

https://youtu.be/K2azCKXDyFU?t=3m54s

Top Bottom