• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Teh Lurv

I think the most annoying players in SFV right now are the ones who always bail after one casual match. I wait five minutes for an opponent, play one match, then the other guy bails win or lose. I look up their CFN profile and I see their casual history is a long string of single matches. Now I have to wait another few minutes for another opponent. It bugs the Hell out of me because I can't understand the mindset. At least in ranked running way makes sense if you want to protect your points, but there's no reason not to play a full 3-set in casual unless the other guy is being an ass.

myco666

Are there any Ed players to keep watch? Probably none since the character is too new but I'd love to see some pro plays of him in tourneys.

Poongko has been using him in his streams. So atleast you can get some online material from him. Bit early for tournament footage but maybe at Evo we will see few Eds.

I think the most annoying players in SFV right now are the ones who always bail after one casual match. I wait five minutes for an opponent, play one match, then the other guy bails win or lose. I look up their CFN profile and I see their casual history is a long string of single matches. Now I have to wait another few minutes for another opponent. It bugs the Hell out of me because I can't understand the mindset. At least in ranked running way makes sense if you want to protect your points, but there's no reason not to play a full 3-set in casual unless the other guy is being an ass.

Ehh RQers are more annoying. Just give me my FM and exp please.

I hate a certain type more and I've complained about this many times in this and the SF4 threads. It's the guys that wins the runback and than bails. Or as Aris had dubbed it "Win quit". Basically you beat the guy the first match, he's eager for that runback and hits the rematch button immediately. He gets you back the 2nd match and you're like "Alright, now we're even. Lets see how this ends". But they're like "Nah, I don't care if we're even. I won the last time we played and I'm going to hold that W forever. I'm getting the fuck outta here". Or at least that's what I tell myself in my head because I get pretty salty when I run into those guys in that scenario.

Seriously I'd rather face RQ'ers than these guys. I feel some satisfaction taking down RQ'ers. These dudes just make me salty. And any chance I randomly get matched with them again and I win the first match, I'll wait to see if they hit rematch. And if they do then I'll wait a few seconds before bailing.

OK so I haven't played online in a few months. I'm trying now and I've been waiting about 5 minutes in between matches in the couple I've played so far. WTF happened, when I was playing a lot more last year the wait times were normally about a 1-2 minutes before getting a match. I did run into a dude that only wanted one match. At least I think so, I left after he let the timer go down to 4 seconds after I had already hit the rematch button.

Besides that I was going to ask a GAF'er for matches but I have to attend family stuff right now. Maybe I'll ask again later tonight or tomorrow if anybody wants some matches.

Pompadour

OK so I haven't played online in a few months. I'm trying now and I've been waiting about 5 minutes in between matches in the couple I've played so far. WTF happened, when I was playing a lot more last year the wait times were normally about a 1-2 minutes before getting a match. I did run into a dude that only wanted one match. At least I think so, I left after he let the timer go down to 4 seconds after I had already hit the rematch button.

Besides that I was going to ask a GAF'er for matches but I have to attend family stuff right now. Maybe I'll ask again later tonight or tomorrow if anybody wants some matches.

It takes seconds for me. However, yesterday it took 5-10 minutes but today it's back to normal.

Bunch of top players at CEO hanging out in Brian F's room...
Tokido, Daigo, NL, Verloren, Gachikun, Alex Myers, Brandon, Bigdanmul
https://www.twitch.tv/jungjil

(from this tweet: https://twitter.com/Bri4nF/status/876289566352826368)

DCk1YpkVYAAwyRw.jpg

These guys are annoying​ but even worse are the ones who ONLY run back if the won. I look at there history and sure enough if the lose a match the quit.

Considering i pretty much just play casual, I don't get mindset.

I think it did something to some people. Have you tried port forwarding and all that? It was pretty bad for me yesterday but today I'm getting a good amount of matches.

I just remembered this morning that i did all the port forwarding for the pc versions last year. Never did it for ps4. Just set it up so will see if its better next time i play.

Really? For me winning a good game> losing a good game> winning an easy game

If the people who specifically only play top tiers, the people who pick a zoner in IJ2 and spam the same move over and over again, the people who pick the characters with the dirtiest/cheapest stuff are any indication then not everyone feels the same way you do.

Some people just want the win without any of the effort. But like you, I don't think there's any real value in that. I can win 30 matches in a row against people that are very below my skill level but I wouldn't be having fun in those matches (unless it was the same person and I was trying to help them learn the game).

People play Casual to have fun.

Winning is fun.

If winning is the only reason they play and they are silver league then why dont they drop them selves to bronze or rookie and play casual and just win every match?

Fun is a good game no matter the outcome. I feel anyone who learned enough to get to silver league has put enough time in to feel this way.

The vast majority of people i play give a run back no matter if they win or lose its only every now and then i meet someone who runs.

I play casual because Netcode is inconsistent, i would love to move out of Bronze league but every time i try rank CFN pairs me with the laggy cunt from hell, i will play 6 casual matches get no lag, switch to rank get rollback...Casual for life, Crapcom will never fix the netcode instability...

Ucchedavāda;241131018 said:
You know, a few weeks ago I visited the salt mines in Khewra, Punjab (Pakistan). It's known as the second largest salt mine in the WORLD. Estimates of the reserves of salt in the mine vary from 82 million tons to 600 million tons.

Salt has been actively extracted from these mines for hundreds of years, and it was an incredible sight to behold. The walk into the depths of the mines alone felt almost 10 minutes long. It's the largest source of Salt in our country and probably the whole of South Asia.

khewra-salt-mine.jpg

I guess what I'm trying to say is that even that place doesn't produce as much salt as ISDD.

You know, a few weeks ago I visited the salt mines in Khewra, Punjab (Pakistan). It's known as the second largest salt mine in the WORLD. Estimates of the reserves of salt in the mine vary from 82 million tons to 600 million tons.

Salt has been actively extracted from these mines for hundreds of years, and it was an incredible sight to behold. The walk into the depths of the mines alone felt almost 10 minutes long. It's the largest source of Salt in our country and probably the whole of South Asia.

khewra-salt-mine.jpg

I guess what I'm trying to say is that even that place still doesn't produce as much salt as ISDD.

That looks really impressive.

But yeah, ISDD is so salty that he is going to end up giving all of London hypertension through osmosis.

ISDD is such a weirdo, when he's beating ppl he's quiet, t-bagging them when they get stunned.
But as soon as he's starting to lose, he goes off like he's actually being stabbed in the chest.

SFVI will have no jumping, problem solved.

If you jump a lot, then the game should automatically set your title to the "Jumpy Jump Jump" one. That wouldn't change anything, but it would be amusing.

It's also amusing that ISDD is complaining about jumps, when he jumps 6 times compared to the Ken jumping twice in that clip. And then he tries to AA with a 16 frame move.

Pompadour

Ucchedavāda;241136349 said:
If you jump a lot, then the game should automatically set your title to the "Jumpy Jump Jump" one. That wouldn't change anything, but it would be amusing.

I fully believe switching to rollback netcode for V was a huge improvement but I can see why people think it was a downgrade when damage is so high and jumping is so good in V. Keeping your opponent in poke range, hitting a button, and then suddenly they've teleported above your head about to kick you in the face is infuriating.

I fully believe switching to rollback netcode for V was a huge improvement but I can see why people think it was a downgrade when damage is so high and jumping is so good in V. Keeping your opponent in poke range, hitting a button, and then suddenly they've teleported above your head about to kick you in the face is infuriating.

Agreed.

The new netcode makes the game playable at much higher pings than before, in my experience, but once you reach a certain point then it quickly starts to feel more frustrating than playing under water in SFIV.

It's not close enough to June 32nd to show him yet.

Last CEO was held on the last weekend of the month so it made sense to reveal Boxer there.

Or actually fix it and make it possible to play at 100-150ms ping.

I think I can already play with pings in that range?
I sometimes play a friend on the East Coast (IIRC), and that involves pings around 100+ ms from DK.

And while there is teleporting, that is mainly because my friend plays Sim.

Or actually fix it and make it possible to play at 100-150ms ping.

I'm in the same boat as Ucchedavāda> But I welcome any more improvements to the netcode regardless.

In the last 12 months, they've released only 5 characters.

That's pretty unacceptable.

Two this year (Ed and Kolin), one at the beginning of last year (Akuma), and by June of last year, we also go Boxer, Juri, Ibuki and Urien.

So that's so that's seven. Granted, a few were delayed (lel, Ed Update and so was Boxer IIRC), but yeah. And how is that unacceptable? The delays are way more of an issue than six characters every year.

Edit: What's more unacceptable is that there isn't enough DLC to spend the FM on. I'm talking more colors, more stages, more anything. There should be a working economy of goods for me to spend my time and money on, and right now it's just a bunch of costumes that are for real dosh.

myco666

Edit: What's more unacceptable is that there isn't enough DLC to spend the FM on. I'm talking more colors, more stages, more anything. There should be a working economy of goods for me to spend my time and money on, and right now it's just a bunch of costumes that are for real dosh.

What are you talking about? You can buy so much with FM. There is titles and profile designs and... oh.

Should have just used FM to buy characters instead of the character pass. Oh well.

Neoxon

I'm in the same boat as Ucchedavāda> But I welcome any more improvements to the netcode regardless.

Two this year (Ed and Kolin), one at the beginning of last year (Akuma), and by June of last year, we also go Boxer, Juri, Ibuki and Urien.

So that's so that's seven. Granted, a few were delayed (lel, Ed Update and so was Boxer IIRC), but yeah. And how is that unacceptable? The delays are way more of an issue than six characters every year.

Only Ibuki was delayed last year.

Top Bottom