• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

You joke, but I think the game would be better if more characters had his shit oki.

I think that's true, but I don't like that direction for the game. I'd rather have an defensive option or two introduced instead of "character needs to use EX version of their special to get good oki". I have no idea what that would be though. If they simply brought back crouch tech, the number of blow ups would go down significantly. It was just a suggestion though, please don't get angry at me for saying that lol.

But you know what, maybe they should just do to everybody else what they did to my character, Ryu. After a forward throw he gets absolutely nothing. Not even a meaty with his furthest reaching normal. Even in the corner you don't have to worry about a throw loop since it would require a forward walk which would eliminate the frame advantage. Everybody just take the throw and start over again. Bump throw stun back to 200 to make it a little more threatening and call it a day.

I think that's true, but I don't like that direction for the game. I'd rather have an defensive option or two introduced instead of "character needs to use EX version of their special to get good oki". I have no idea what that would be though. If they simply brought back crouch tech, the number of blow ups would go down significantly. It was just a suggestion though, please don't get angry at me for saying that lol.

But you know what, maybe they should just do to everybody else what they did to my character, Ryu. After a forward throw he gets absolutely nothing. Not even a meaty with his furthest reaching normal. Even in the corner you don't have to worry about a throw loop since it would require a forward walk which would eliminate the frame advantage. Everybody just take the throw and start over again. Bump throw stun back to 200 to make it a little more threatening and call it a day.
OR they could do what they did to Ken and give everyone a throw loop in the corner and good oki after every throw regardless of whether it's in the corner.
What if they are there to only announce a school costume DLC for Nash, Mika, and Ibuki? :p
giphy.gif

MCD250

I just saw that they actually are making school costumes for Charlie, Ibuki and Mika? Why would you make a school costume for Ibuki?! She already HAS a-

Man, whatever.

MrCarter

Matt? Lord Haunts?

This can only mean one thing.

SFVxT w/ Gem System

though in all seriousness, I'd love an "xT" season.

Yes please. The Tekken characters animated very nicely (probably moreso than thier own games IMO) in SFxT and putting them into the SFV engine would be very nice.

A good amount of pro players are playing this game strictly for the money at this point, there's really no denying this lol. This game is a collection of bad and poorly executed ideas put into a blender. Like some of these design choices were made by someone who was trying to actively ruin the street fighter brand and they've done an amazing job imo.

duty fighter V for real tbh
With the exception of the "pro players are playing this game strictly for the money" part, the exact same sentiment has been made MANY times for SFIV. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
(probably moreso than thier own games IMO).
qnk5KEw.png

I'm pretty sure that tweet was before he played Phenom.

A good amount of pro players are playing this game strictly for the money at this point, there's really no denying this lol. This game is a collection of bad and poorly executed ideas put into a blender. Like some of these design choices were made by someone who was trying to actively ruin the street fighter brand and they've done an amazing job imo.

duty fighter V for real tbh

Who's making money from SFV? If you ain't Du, Punk, Phenom, or one of the other Top 8 dudes, you ain't making enough to justify the cost of traveling. Even if your sponsor pays you to do so (and most aren't paying salary), your time is spent in one of the many games already available OR pulling a real job. It's a dumb excuse because even dudes like Fuudo who pop up in Top 3's and shit aren't making enough from pot wins alone. People can hate SFV all they like, but let's not pretend as if a violate game where top players like Punk come through and ruin your chances nearly 100 percent right now is an appropriate straight career path or an excuse.

Not saying some aren't, but if y'all think the pros are doing this for the money only, either they are all stupid, or y'all looking at this from the wrong perspective.

With the exception of the "pro players are playing this game strictly for the money" part, the exact same sentiment has been made MANY times for SFIV. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
qnk5KEw.png

People said the same shit about 3. And in parts when 4 got bigger, they said the same shit about it too. People love to make cute little excuses about how much they hate a current SF game, but the stream numbers are still there, nobody moves on to other games, and they still spend the money coming out to tournaments and support the ungodly creature. Everyone would rather whine (or in some cases, list legit complaints) on social media and pop back up for the same tournaments every year, playing the game they are supposed to hate.

I have the utmost respect for Phenom.

He actively bad mouths the game, actively bad mouths the balancing, admits openly that jumping and forward dashing with certain characters is way too strong.

Then openly says that he's in it for the money, and proceeds to only pick Necalli.

I have the utmost respect for Phenom.

He actively bad mouths the game, actively bad mouths the balancing, admits openly that jumping and forward dashing with certain characters is way too strong.

Then openly says that he's in it for the money, and proceeds to only pick Necalli.

I do too. Same for FChamp, who thinks SFV is a bad game. I like Sako too - he said SF4 got boring and loves playing SFV. Bonchan says "play whatever character you like" even if he has complaints.

I like honesty. Especially when it's backed up by results like Phenom. Homeboy can talk because he walks the walk.

How am I ignoring it when I myself has said he made a few good points? I just think (today especially after his defeat) he's over exaggerating by playing the blame card as It's far easier to do that than reflect on your own mistakes after all.

Nope they already did that with SFIV to be fair ;)

Again, that tweet came before he played in the top 16.

Also, I think it's because you play this game at such an extraordinary low level that it makes you think that this game is great and for some reason unable to see any faults in it's design but im sleep

Many players want this game to be a lot more than it is, but all they got was the only defensive option in the game taken away. Capcom is so out of touch with what their fans want it's crazy. I'm seeing diehard capcom fans learning anime games. my community in toronto thinks this games trash, MTL community bringing back USF4 to their weeklies. it's not just because people are salty that they recently lost, it's cause the game is borderline trash and capcom hasn't done anything to remedy that. The new CFN is cute, but playing the game online is ass. The fact that they hold online tournaments for this game that hold weight like the CPT while their netcode is in the sorry state that it is.. just nah breh.

I do too. Same for FChamp, who thinks SFV is a bad game. I like Sako too - he said SF4 got boring and loves playing SFV. Bonchan says "play whatever character you like" even if he has complaints.

I like honesty. Especially when it's backed up by results like Phenom. Homeboy can talk because he walks the walk.

You forget tokigod, who also prefers SF5.

Okay, let's review.

Top players are playing for money, even though less than 1 percent of these dudes are making anything livable off of it.
They continue to play a game that is extremely violate and has people like Punk and Du running around, lessening their chances of winning.
They are picking up anime games/playing other games, even though historically speaking tons of fighting game fans of the SF crowd don't just play SF.
And everyone thinks the game is butt but they keep traveling out to these events, playing SFV, and practicing the game.

Something is wrong here.

You forget tokigod, who also prefers SF5.

Oh yeah, he prefers it. Daigod (believe in him, EVO 2017) enjoys it. Smug likes it. Xian pokes fun at it but still likes it. Even Infiltration who is off and on due to Juri being shit still enjoys it.

I think for most people, SFV has a ton of bad decisions and they are passionate about the game because they like it enough to stick around. Some can make money off of it, some play it because it has the most competition, some actually enjoy their time, some go through periods of waviering, etc. Same shit different numbered SF game.

MrCarter

Again, that tweet came before he played in the top 16.

Also, I think it's because you play this game at such an extraordinary low level that it makes you think that this game is great and for some reason unable to see any faults in it's design but im sleep

Many players want this game to be a lot more than it is, but all they got was the only defensive option in the game taken away. Capcom is so out of touch with what their fans want it's crazy. I'm seeing diehard capcom fans learning anime games. my community in toronto thinks this games trash, MTL community bringing back USF4 to their weeklies. it's not just because people are salty that they recently lost, it's cause the game is borderline trash and capcom hasn't done anything to remedy that. The new CFN is cute, but playing the game online is ass. The fact that they hold online tournaments for this game that hold weight like the CPT while their netcode is in the sorry state that it is.. just nah breh.

This is probably the most entitled post I've seen from you yet. It reeks of desperation. Also, Super SILVER is not extraordinary low level alright? At least probably not as low level and scrubby as your Elena from SFIV ;)

If you don't like the game that's fine, it's great that you like trash like SFIV (how's that revival going btw?) but to put everyone who doesn't like this game under one giant umbrella is being very disingenuous.

Moaradin

Let's not pretend that SF4 didn't go through this same phase. I remember how much the FCC was shitting on it during Super and AE.

qnk5KEw.png

Who's making money from SFV? If you ain't Du, Punk, Phenom, or one of the other Top 8 dudes, you ain't making enough to justify the cost of traveling. Even if your sponsor pays you to do so (and most aren't paying salary), your time is spent in one of the many games already available OR pulling a real job. It's a dumb excuse because even dudes like Fuudo who pop up in Top 3's and shit aren't making enough from pot wins alone. People can hate SFV all they like, but let's not pretend as if a violate game where top players like Punk come through and ruin your chances nearly 100 percent right now is an appropriate straight career path or an excuse.

Not saying some aren't, but if y'all think the pros are doing this for the money only, either they are all stupid, or y'all looking at this from the wrong perspective.

People said the same shit about 3. And in parts when 4 got bigger, they said the same shit about it too. People love to make cute little excuses about how much they hate a current SF game, but the stream numbers are still there, nobody moves on to other games, and they still spend the money coming out to tournaments and support the ungodly creature. Everyone would rather whine (or in some cases, list legit complaints) on social media and pop back up for the same tournaments every year, playing the game they are supposed to hate.
Pro player = Sponsored players who earn a salary to play games. Outside of that, there's tons of money being thrown into the community in areas that don't have high level pro players like Du/Punk/Daigo etc. Other games don't have that so there's more incentive to play SFV. Shit I just bought myself a new TV with money that I've made playing SFV that's about to look mad nice in my room that I could only get because I'm decent at SFV (granted its not the fanciest TV lmao but I wouldn't have gotten it without some SFV <3). There's tons of opportunities being thrown out that personally makes me keep playing while I think this game is dookie water.

Personally I don't travel for this game because it's just not worth it. The game is just way to flakey and stupid for it to be worth it. If you're sponsored then go for it, or if you really do enjoy it but nah breh. I really did consider Evo again this year, but then it's like ... I don't enjoy playing this game enough like that to make it worth going.

Imagine travelling mad miles to get hit by a wakeup 3f into instant death fam. im not spending money on that lmao.

Bonchan said in the interview he'd play any game that had tons of money lol.

Several players do enjoy the game (I honestly can't see how but to each their own etc) so kudos to them. Watching Daigo get washed and teabagged by a dude who probably just picked up SFV last year definitely keeps the fire in me to keep playing lmao.

ya favourite pro player that you used to watch on youtube since the early 00's in 240p resolution that has mad accolades just got hit by a random crush counter in neutral then command thrown 4 times in a row. Outplayed.

I can't with this game b

This is probably the most entitled post I've seen from you yet. It reeks of desperation. Also, Super SILVER is not extraordinary low level alright? At least probably not as low level and scrubby as your Elena from SFIV ;)

If you don't like the game that's fine, it's great that you like trash like SFIV (how's that revival going btw?) but to put everyone who doesn't like this game under one giant umbrella is being very disingenuous.

I'm desperate for the game to get better. I would really really like for this game to get better, but Capcom isn't doing shit on their end.

At super silver, you probably have an okay at best grasp on the game and on the system mechanics. When I've asked about your opinion on a core mechanic that SFV has (the crush counter system) you just ignored it because I don't think you really understand why it's a good or bad thing. Hate Elena or think she's scrubby because she definitely was, but I had tons of fun learning most of the cast because each character had tons of depth to them. SFV they've purposely taken that all away and just gave characters fuckery in it's place. It would take the same amount of time to master/learn to get great with Gen in SFIV as it would to learn every character in SFV.

What's going on with the CEO stream? It cut out for minutes then comes back for a second and I see Chun Li do a sick dash under neutral jump air throw to punish an Akuma air fireball. I feel like I'm missing some hype.

Pro player = Sponsored players who earn a salary to play games.

That's...not how it works. Most sponsorship only pay for your cost of travel. Only a select, rare few pay a steady salary. Even then, people like Tokido and Daigo still like the game, so that small sample size doesn't fully reflect what you are saying (And let's not get into calling people like Smug not "pro" because they aren't getting a salary, among a bunch of other world class players who hate or like the game, but whatever!).

Outside of that, there's tons of money being thrown into the community in areas that don't have high level pro players like Du/Punk/Daigo etc. Other games don't have that so there's more incentive to play SFV. Shit I just bought myself a new TV with money that I've made playing SFV that's about to look mad nice in my room that I could only get because I'm decent at SFV (granted its not the fanciest TV lmao but I wouldn't have gotten it without some SFV <3). There's tons of opportunities being thrown out that personally makes me keep playing while I think this game is dookie water.

Where are these places that all of these pro players are traveling to in order to make enough cash to live on? I'm not talking a TV or whatever. I'm saying a real living wage. Again, your time would be better spent involved in something else rather than slogging through some shitty ass game you don't like.

Personally I don't travel for this game because it's just not worth it. The game is just way to flakey and stupid for it to be worth it. If you're sponsored then go for it, or if you really do enjoy it but nah breh. I really did consider Evo again this year, but then it's like ... I don't enjoy playing this game enough like that to make it worth going.

Imagine travelling mad miles to get hit by a wakeup 3f into instant death fam. im not spending money on that lmao.

That's fair for you man. I just don't get how all these other pro players haven't woken up to that fact yet.
Bonchan said in the interview he'd play any game that had tons of money lol.

Pretty sure the Injustice 2 pot is higher this year. And now with anime games and Tekken titles getting a portion of that esports pie, the money is everywhere. Let's see if he does so.

Several players do enjoy the game (I honestly can't see how but to each their own etc) so kudos to them. Watching Daigo get washed and teabagged by a dude who probably just picked up SFV last year definitely keeps the fire in me to keep playing lmao.

Menard's been in the game for a while, what are you talking about? He's an amazing Birdie player who fought a Daigo who AA'd with cr mp/lp.

ya favourite pro player that you used to watch on youtube since the early 00's in 240p resolution that has mad accolades just got hit by a random crush counter in neutral then command thrown 4 times in a row. Outplayed.

People keep citing this match without straight up analyzing the fight. Sure Laura is fucking dumb (and I don't fault anyone for playing her) but Daigo played like dogshit. He fucking let a cr mk go right in front of his face. He pressed buttons on wake up. I don't care how world class you are, if you play like shit and get rocked, you deserve that L. Full stop. That fight had less bullshit than usual and Daigo still lost. Maybe Daigo was booty. It happens.

I can't with this game b

Same shit happened with 4. We've been down this road before.

It would take the same amount of time to master/learn to get great with Gen in SFIV as it would to learn every character in SFV.
I can't help but agree.

SFV was the first fighting game that I took seriously, and I felt like I had reached a plateau with FANG and with the game in general by like August. (It would've been sooner but the horrible online and generally fucked matchmaking didn't help)

Meanwhile, I just picked up Kan-Ra in KI and I can already tell I'm not getting decent with this fucker for at least 2 months. Getting GOOD with him is gonna require a LOT more time but damn if that challenge isn't something I'm looking forward to.

MrCarter

I'm desperate for the game to get better. I would really really like for this game to get better, but Capcom isn't doing shit on their end.

At super silver, you probably have an okay at best grasp on the game and on the system mechanics. When I've asked about your opinion on a core mechanic that SFV has (the crush counter system) you just ignored it because I don't think you really understand why it's a good or bad thing. Hate Elena or think she's scrubby because she definitely was, but I had tons of fun learning most of the cast because each character had tons of depth to them. SFV they've purposely taken that all away and just gave characters fuckery in it's place. It would take the same amount of time to master/learn to get great with Gen in SFIV as it would to learn every character in SFV.

Thanks for your patronising and condescending attitude. It really helps. I also want the game to improve but I don't think you are being sincere about wanting it to improve either - because let's face it even if it does you'll find something else to fuel your agenda. I think you just need to accept this game will never be SFIV (thank god) and just give up and play something else that might be worth your time. Not sure why I'm wasting time replying to a Elena scrub but there you go.

C'mon kids keep it calm. It's just video games. Everyone's opinion is still valid. We had pro players saying 8frames doesn't matter (among doing shit that bonzers do like changing their personal tier lists after a tournament) so let's not pretend like dudes who play it professionally are always right.

Anyway SFV ain't for people looking to lab it out. I actually don't mind that shit. Like Gundam is kinda that way in so far that you can learn much of the cast pretty damn quickly. Many things in Tekken translate between each character systematically too, once you get the strings and movement down.

SFV just needs more fun things to do like letting people use their fucking V-Skills constantly, get into Trigger faster, more defense, better wakeup options, and tone down Rog. I appreciate being able to get into a match quicker than usual with a fighting games and play against a person, I just want more tools to play around with and less stress is all.

That's...not how it works. Most sponsorship only pay for your cost of travel. Only a select, rare few pay a steady salary. Even then, people like Tokido and Daigo still like the game, so that small sample size doesn't fully reflect what you are saying (And let's not get into calling people like Smug not "pro" because they aren't getting a salary, among a bunch of other world class players who hate or like the game, but whatever!).
You're right about getting a salary vs paying for cost of travel. I'm really not sure what entices people to travel abroad for SFV when they don't really like it tbh. I see sponsored players on twitter trashing the game, then on stream the next day at a major lol. Could be potential money to be made, competition or just hanging with friends.

Where are these places that all of these pro players are traveling to in order to make enough cash to live on? I'm not talking a TV or whatever. I'm saying a real living wage. Again, your time would be better spent involved in something else rather than slogging through some shitty ass game you don't like.
Only a few players have left their full time job to play SFV competitively. To them I wish them the best in their future, but I would never lmao.

That's fair for you man. I just don't get how all these other pro players haven't woken up to that fact yet.
If I were to get my flight + hotel covered for each tournament, for sure I'd be there for the sake of travelling. But for this game specifically, it's just like gambling. Gotta pray to the RNG gods before each tournament that you don't get hit by a random CC into an instant loss.

Pretty sure the Injustice 2 pot is higher this year. And now with anime games and Tekken titles getting a portion of that esports pie, the money is everywhere. Let's see if he does so.
I'm not sure IJ2 has a scene in Japan so it might not be worth the effort. Anime games don't have the same pots nor does Tekken.

Menard's been in the game for a while, what are you talking about? He's an amazing Birdie player who fought a Daigo who AA'd with cr mp/lp.

I actually haven't watched the match yet and I know Menard's a lord. It's just when you see people who don't really play SFV like RayRay freeing up Daigo it's a bit.. eh

Same shit happened with 4. We've been down this road before

The difference for me with 4, was that even when I was still learning and total trash, I had tons of fun playing. When I learned the game at a much higher level, understood the system better and etc, I started to enjoy the game more. In SFV, the more I start to understand the system, the more I realize that it's not a good game.

Edzi

Thanks for your patronising and condescending attitude. It really helps. I also want the game to improve but I don't think you are being sincere about wanting it to improve either - because let's face it even if it does you'll find something else to fuel your agenda. I think you just need to accept this game will never be SFIV (thank god) and just give up and play something else that might be worth your time. Not sure why I'm wasting time replying to a Elena scrub but there you go.

I mean, he's kind of onto something. I'm pretty sure almost every single overly optimistic SFV/Capcom defender in this thread is pretty low ranked. Nobody is saying there's anything wrong with that, but it does kind of imply a lack of exposure to the more busted elements of the game.

Everyone in this thread plays the game, likes SF, and wants to see it improve. But some people here just seem completely blind to some pretty glaring problems or get really bothered when people bring them up.

You're right about getting a salary vs paying for cost of travel. I'm really not sure what entices people to travel abroad for SFV when they don't really like it tbh. I see sponsored players on twitter trashing the game, then on stream the next day at a major lol. Could be potential money to be made, competition or just hanging with friends.

Even potential money made is worthless considering how ridiculous SFV is. You'd be better off entering a poker tourney with limited knowledge and experience. And I don't know - competing in shit you don't even like is like picking up water polo. Even hanging with friends is moot since a good deal of them live together. Like I sure as shit don't follow my friends around when a few of them hit the emo bars.

I think at this point people like to shit on the game for funises/fit in and play it because they like it enough. The internet makes the echo chambering worse, pro players change their minds every other month on games (see:SF4, SF3), and people follow what they say, right or wrong. But when it comes down to it, there are enough people not making any sort of cash from playing this supposedly garbage game that everyone hates that it can't be people doing it for asinine reasons.

Only a few players have left their full time job to play SFV competitively. To them I wish them the best in their future, but I would never lmao.

I wouldn't for any game. Far too many variables.

If I were to get my flight + hotel covered for each tournament, for sure I'd be there for the sake of travelling. But for this game specifically, it's just like gambling. Gotta pray to the RNG gods before each tournament that you don't get hit by a random CC into an instant loss.

Yeah, but you'd have to enter, practice for a game you hate, and stay relevant and good. You might as well work your normal job and just enter what you like and focus on the fun stuff at that point. Makes no sense.

I'm not sure IJ2 has a scene in Japan so it might not be worth the effort. Anime games don't have the same pots nor does Tekken.

Nah, both anime and Tekken don't have the same pots but there's more money in those now than ever.

I actually haven't watched the match yet and I know Menard's a lord. It's just when you see people who don't really play SFV like RayRay freeing up Daigo it's a bit.. eh

That's people being too invested in the players and not how the match turned out. Daigo got freed up by "randos" and so did other players in SF4.

The difference for me with 4, was that even when I was still learning and total trash, I had tons of fun playing. When I learned the game at a much higher level, understood the system better and etc, I started to enjoy the game more. In SFV, the more I start to understand the system, the more I realize that it's not a good game.

I mean, that's fine. I don't think anyone should feel the need to call SFV a game they like just because. It has problems, and with every fighting game, you either like it or you don't. Everyone plays for different reasons. Nobody should feel like they "have" to play anything, and despite all the bluster, most people realize that. If you don't like V, that's cool man. I honestly hope you get your scene running more games you do like.

Man I've been stanning Capcom for the longest time. I even got banned for shitting on anime games lmao my agenda is for this game to flourish. I want this game to be great just like you do but Capcom has not done shit to help that. I don't want it to be like SFIV, I just don't think this game is better than ST, 3s or IV. I really want it to be, I truly do but it's just not there yet. There's still time for it to get better, but Capcom hasn't taken steps in the right direction to get it there. I've been learning other games already lol, I've learned to play XRD, I've learned to play Injustice and I'm in the process of learning Tekken. Honestly, I would just rather playing SFV but the game just isn't delivering what other games can.

To me I would like people to specify what they want instead of saying the abitrary "defensive options". Also besides a few characters/match up being unfair I think the game is fine.
The Pros whining is basically strategic lobbying for nerfs and buffs

I loved Tekken back in the day but seeing the same models and animations being reused game after game got very tiring lol. SFxT was the only game that re-animated thier characters after such a long time and it was a damn shame we didn't see more of it :(
This is true. They could have at least updated the older cast's stances from Tekken 2.

You ever seen an actress in a martial arts movie who has no idea what she's doing? That's what Nina looks like since 1995.

Ultra SF4 was when things started feeling like they were just tossing whatever in there and letting it rock. Let's just port over all the usable assets from SFxT because that game was a bad call, Jurassic Park level in SF4? Why not? Let's see, how do we fix unblockables -- well, we could stop the root of what causes them or we could convolute the game more with a bandage fix of variable wake-up timing, let's go with that. What else could we do to really make this iteration feel like something new? Oh let's just uhh make both ultras available at the same time. Let's add a new pointless layer to focus attacks while we're at it, the thing that was already the most convoluted mess of a mechanic ever added to a Street Fighter and give it a stupid input to boot.

MrCarter

I mean, he's kind of onto something. I'm pretty sure almost every single overly optimistic SFV/Capcom defender in this thread is pretty low ranked. Nobody is saying there's anything wrong with that, but it does kind of imply a lack of exposure to the more busted elements of the game.

Everyone in this thread plays the game, likes SF, and wants to see it improve. But some people here just seem completely blind to some pretty glaring problems or get really bothered when people bring them up.

I'm sorry but that's bull and you are also being condescending as I'm pretty sure there are some higher level players who are either neutral or like the game in this thread. I give Capcom shit as much as the next guy but to constantly whine and be negative by finding any little thing from Twitter without giving any constructive criticism (not saying you) is quite pathetic IMO. Yes, the game has problems, not every FG game is perfect, but I just find the pettiness, especially from someone who doesn't even play or like the game, just childish.

Ultra SF4 was when things started feeling like they were just tossing whatever in there and letting it rock. Let's just port over all the usable assets from SFxT because that game was a bad call, Jurassic Park level in SF4? Why not? Let's see, how do we fix unblockables -- well, we could stop the root of what causes them or we could convolute the game more with a bandage fix of variable wake-up timing, let's go with that. What else could we do to really make this iteration feel like something new? Oh let's just uhh make both ultras available at the same time. Let's add a new pointless layer to focus attacks while we're at it, the thing that was already the most convoluted mess of a mechanic ever added to a Street Fighter and give it a stupid input to boot.
Yea USF4 was definitely cheaply made. I think the only reason it was made was because the community wanted another iteration. I'm not exactly mad at them adding in a few SF characters from SFxT. Their fix for unblockables definitely did work for the most part (except against Ibuki lmao hold dat) and weren't as prevalent as previous versions.

I wanna say Execl was the biggest mess of a mechanic in a SF game if we can include side titles.

That shit made everything dirty and busted.

Sayad

Yea USF4 was definitely cheaply made. I think the only reason it was made was because the community wanted another iteration. I'm not exactly mad at them adding in a few SF characters from SFxT. Their fix for unblockables definitely did work for the most part (except against Ibuki lmao hold dat) and weren't as prevalent as previous versions.
USF4 was made in house without Dimps, it was Capcom scouting in house talents and how we ended with Woshige for SFV, healing and SFV in the span of two years, Capcom's golden goose...

SFV > SFIV

I can't help but agree.

SFV was the first fighting game that I took seriously, and I felt like I had reached a plateau with FANG and with the game in general by like August. (It would've been sooner but the horrible online and generally fucked matchmaking didn't help)

Meanwhile, I just picked up Kan-Ra in KI and I can already tell I'm not getting decent with this fucker for at least 2 months. Getting GOOD with him is gonna require a LOT more time but damn if that challenge isn't something I'm looking forward to.

No shade or hate or anything, but how did you plateau? Online?

Come on man. There is alot of arrogance about in this thread. People who like sf5 are a bunch of shills now?

Some of you all need to find another game to play if you hate SFV so much, lol.

USF4 was made in house without Dimps, it was Capcom scouting in house talents and how we ended with Woshige for SFV, healing and SFV in the span of two years, Capcom's golden goose...

SFV > SFIV

was that it? USF4 introduced a whole new world of jankyness that SFIV had never known.

also wouldn't be surprised if Woshige is lowkey an arcsys agent trying to get people to play anime because again, he's done a great job

/peeks in thread

lol

/leaves

SFV. A digital fighter. I tried to picture clusters of 50/50s as they corner carried to the other side of the screen. What did they look like? Lauras? Balrogs? Were the Alex's like free in many ways? I kept dreaming of a world of 40002s thought I'd never stop seeing. And then one day...

I got out.

stn

SF4 had a fuckton of issues, where to even begin. It was a good game when you had a, for example, Guile v. Rose matchup. The game went to hell any time Viper, Ibuki, Fuerte, Seth, or some of the other characters would join the fray. The game was littered with unblockables, OS'es for everything, safe FADC'ing forward being a terrible concept, lvl. 1 focus on counter-hit encouraging people to focus rather than AA, and other things. And despite all of its variety, many of the characters either boiled down to hit-confirming into FADC through lights, or performing some kind of oki after a UKD. Can't tell how many characters would start offense out of cr. short - cr. jab - cr. jab.

People just forget that sometimes because the game had a deep combo system, was fun to watch, had the best roster, and was very good at creating hype moments. And hey, I like SF4 overall. I still cringe when I play my grounded Gouken versus a Viper that's flying everywhere on screen at will, but it is what it is. Its a fucked-up-but-good game just like SFV is.

In terms of just pure gameplay, I believe SF2 still shits on them both. You got your strong footsie game, you got your invincible AA's, and you got your strong character archetypes. And you can't win if you play like an idiot; rather, you just get your ass kicked even harder. SF2 makes the most "sense" to me as a fighter.

MrCarter

This is true. They could have at least updated the older cast's stances from Tekken 2.

You ever seen an actress in a martial arts movie who has no idea what she's doing? That's what Nina looks like since 1995.

It is bizarre. Now imagine if SF6 had some of the same models and animations from SF5? There would be a national riot.

Viper was definitely a mistake lmao but at least you had to have great execution to hit a decent level with her.

not like eating a cr.MK target combo from a random balrog and losing instantly

Ngl I MUCH much prefer Punk's bizarre Pokemon hat trolling to his old teabagging shtick. It has the same effect while being legitimately funny rather than trite.

ElFly

SF4 had a fuckton of issues, where to even begin. It was a good game when you had a, for example, Guile v. Rose matchup. The game went to hell any time Viper, Ibuki, Fuerte, Seth, or some of the other characters would join the fray. The game was littered with unblockables, OS'es for everything, safe FADC'ing forward being a terrible concept, lvl. 1 focus on counter-hit encouraging people to focus rather than AA, and other things. And despite all of its variety, many of the characters either boiled down to hit-confirming into FADC through lights, or performing some kind of oki after a UKD. Can't tell how many characters would start offense out of cr. short - cr. jab - cr. jab.

People just forget that sometimes because the game had a deep combo system, was fun to watch, had the best roster, and was very good at creating hype moments. And hey, I like SF4 overall. I still cringe when I play my grounded Gouken versus a Viper that's flying everywhere on screen at will, but it is what it is. Its a fucked-up-but-good game just like SFV is.

In terms of just pure gameplay, I believe SF2 still shits on them both. You got your strong footsie game, you got your invincible AA's, and you got your strong character archetypes. And you can't win if you play like an idiot; rather, you just get your ass kicked even harder. SF2 makes the most "sense" to me as a fighter.

I don't know why people are so obsessed wiht invincible AAs. they were obviously overpowered, were invincible in situations that were not anti air, and made jumping a way too bad proposition.

SFV has some defensive problems, but AAs have needed to get got for decades

Top Bottom