• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

We posting tweets?

https://twitter.com/CapcomFighters/status/876496089062526976

What are you talking about? You can buy so much with FM. There is titles and profile designs and... oh.

Should have just used FM to buy characters instead of the character pass. Oh well.

Hopefully they start dropping more content in general. Though I don't know what else they could add if they aren't doing unlockable items.

Only Ibuki was delayed last year.

Oh yeah, that's true.

BrickSWE was the name of the Gief who was doing really at DH. Made it to top 8 and was broken by Sako.

Dude knocked out Phenom with a sick bait into a wakeup CA

myco666

Lol you guys need to watch dreamhack. Assuming that tweet refers to Brick getting destroyed by Sako.

Hopefully they start dropping more content in general. Though I don't know what else they could add if they aren't doing unlockable items.

More stage variants, make story mode stages purchaseable, even more colors with different skin tones etc. There is bunch of stuff Capcom could do.

I wonder why the remaining story mode costumes stages have not been put up for sale. Maybe they are simply incomplete, in the sense that the camera would be pointing into the void when doing some characters' CAs?

Ryce

Ucchedavāda;241149054 said:
I wonder why the remaining story mode costumes have not been put up for sale. Maybe they are simply incomplete, in the sense that the camera would be pointing into the void when doing some characters' CAs?
Which story mode costumes are you referring to?

What the hell is Ibuki supposed to be saying during her V-skill?
I can't unhear "Here kitty cat", but it surely isn't what she is saying.

On the other hand, F.A.N.G literally says "I turn into a bird", so who knows.

MCD250

Ucchedavāda;241151214 said:
What the hell is Ibuki supposed to be saying during her V-skill?
I can't unhear "Here kitty cat", but it surely isn't what she is saying.

On the other hand, F.A.N.G literally says "I turn into a bird", so who knows.
It always sounded like "piercing attack" to me. Maybe someone can look up the voice files on YouTube to get a better idea.

Lol a Gief RQ on me in a casual match as i was finishing him off with a CA... A fucking Gief lol. I play Mika.

Also after port forwarding it does seem to be matching a lot faster but thats only the past 30 mins of testing so not exactly a real test.

FluxWaveZ

I was wondering what people were talking about when they were saying it took a lot of time for them to find matches. It was working just fine for me, usually finding another opponent within 2 minutes. Then I switched to my Diamond rank account, and it's been searching for 6 minutes already without finding anyone. Weird.

Edit: Took a total of 10 minutes to find someone. That's nuts, I wonder why.

Blueblur1

So I've seen CPT Damon throughout the weekend but I just saw Matt Dhalgren for the first time. I would like to hope he's here to make an announcement but he's probably here because of the MvCI demo stations.

Edzi

Sounds like even Kenny Omega has kind of soured on SFV. I hope Capcom has some serious overhauls to the game in the works, because this is just a bad look all around considering all the other fighting games coming out lately.

Neoxon

Sounds like even Kenny Omega has kind of soured on SFV. I hope Capcom has some serious overhauls to the game in the works, because this is just a bad look all around considering all the other fighting games coming out lately.
The one leak mentioning Zero in MvCI did say that the SFV team has big plans for 2018.

Hyun Sai

As long as Capcom is supporting it in the Capcom Tour and the pros keep playing it despite its state, I don't know why they should bother. It's not like they expect lots of sales at this point.

https://twitter.com/GamerBeeTW/status/876371587154534400

duty fighter V for real. meanwhile capcom barely communicates with the community even though they said they'd try to do better on that.

I just want an explanation as to why the hell they decided to do a few things, that's all. as of right now I'm pretty sure some of the decisions were made simply because "it'd be hype"

sfv was a mistake

kirblar

The game needs to forcibly reset players to neutral more often. You get a ssense w characters like Birdie Guile and Kolin how the games supposed to be, but then there are characters who just have relentless pressure.

The game needs to forcibly reset players to neutral more often. You get a ssense w characters like Birdie Guile and Kolin how the games supposed to be, but then there are characters who just have relentless pressure.
Alex is clearly the epitome of SFV gameplay Kappa

MrCarter

https://twitter.com/GamerBeeTW/status/876371587154534400

duty fighter V for real. meanwhile capcom barely communicates with the community even though they said they'd try to do better on that.

I just want an explanation as to why the hell they decided to do a few things, that's all. as of right now I'm pretty sure some of the decisions were made simply because "it'd be hype"

sfv was a mistake

I mentioned what I thought of GamerBee's tweet earlier. I think he's a good player but there is no denying he's very salty based from that tweet especially after Phenom destroyed him at DreamHack today. Of course it's the games fault that he was outplayed.

As for communication, I don't know if they need to be doing that just for the sake of it to be honest. If there is nothing to announce then why would they? The FGC is very toxic right now anyway with shit flinging left, right and centre, so they would be damned either way.

As long as Capcom is supporting it in the Capcom Tour and the pros keep playing it despite its state, I don't know why they should bother. It's not like they expect lots of sales at this point.

As a business they can certainly (and it looks like they are) improve thier product through QoL and features updates. The only thing is that it's at a very slow pace which does make me wonder if this SSFV update is happening.

MrCarter

Is it salt if you say the same thing for almost a year with no change, even when you win?🤔🤔

No but today it definitely was lol. Like I said he's a good player and I think he makes good points but if you saw today's matches his Necalli was trash compared to Phenom's.

Edzi

Alex is clearly the epitome of SFV gameplay Kappa

You joke, but I think the game would be better if more characters had his shit oki.

I mentioned what I thought of GamerBee's tweet earlier. I think he's a good player but there is no denying he's very salty based from that tweet especially after Phenom destroyed him at DreamHack today. Of course it's the games fault that he was outplayed.

As for communication, I don't know if they need to be doing that just for the sake of it to be honest. If there is nothing to announce then why would they? The FGC is very toxic right now anyway with shit flinging left, right and centre, so they would be damned either way.

As a business they can certainly (and it looks like they are) improve thier product through QoL and features updates. The only thing is that it's at a very slow pace which does make me wonder if this SSFV update is happening.

No but today it definitely was lol. Like I said he's a good player and I think he makes good points but if you saw today's matches his Necalli was trash compared to Phenom's.

You're ignoring a lot here, even if he's just being salty. Not only has he been consistent in his complaints, he's not even close to being the only one. It's gotten to the point where these sentiments are shared by casual and pro players alike, so I don't know why you continue downplay it.

Edzi

Can you imagine Necalli without the free oki after everything? Sounds like a shitty character lol.

He'd still have the CC spam tbh.

But yeah, it'd probably require reworking some characters' normals to make them have a more consistent neutral game.

I was thinking about why the younger generation is so good, besides the ability to learn ten times faster than playing SF4 when it came out, and it's because they lack that fear. I feel like Punk, Smug, and younger dudes have an element of "just do it" that plays well for aggressive games. Even if a few defensive options get added, the old guard still plays too safe sometimes for their own good. Brian F made a good point about Sako fighting him. He rarely ever made the opportunity to fight back and was waiting for his turn every single time. You can't do that. And I felt like Sako learned because his sets this weekend were fucking CRAZY.

Anyway Gamerbee isn't completely wrong, SFV has issues and it's time for a refresh in the form of Super with additional gameplay updates. I still think consistency is a big thing with SFV regardless of people sometimes drowning in pools.Top 8s are usually pretty damn safe bets

I'm pretty sure that tweet was before he played Phenom.

A good amount of pro players are playing this game strictly for the money at this point, there's really no denying this lol. This game is a collection of bad and poorly executed ideas put into a blender. Like some of these design choices were made by someone who was trying to actively ruin the street fighter brand and they've done an amazing job imo.

duty fighter V for real tbh

MrCarter

lYou're ignoring a lot here, even if he's just being salty. Not only has he been consistent in his complaints, he's not even close to being the only one. It's gotten to the point where these sentiments are shared by casual and pro players alike, so I don't know why you continue downplay it.

How am I ignoring it when I myself has said he made a few good points? I just think (today especially after his defeat) he's over exaggerating by playing the blame card as it's far easier to do that than reflect on your own mistakes after all.

I'm pretty sure that tweet was before he played Phenom.

A good amount of pro players are playing this game strictly for the money at this point, there's really no denying this lol. This game is a collection of bad and poorly executed ideas put into a blender. Like some of these design choices were made by someone who was trying to actively ruin the street fighter brand and they've done an amazing job imo.

duty fighter V for real tbh

https://youtu.be/SMqJbBdfLrk

Nope they already did that with SFIV to be fair ;)

Top Bottom