• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

ElFly

What? Where did I say remove Combos ? you are clearly misunderstanding.

If you increase the input window of a special move , then if someone buffers a Special like Spiral Arrow in a Normal like say St.HP. The St.HP would whiff and the special would come out regardless of Hit,Block or WHIFF. Previously it would only come out on Block or Hit.
So now they cant just blindly buffer specials in pokes. They would have to actually hit-confirm. Otherwise their Unsafe Special move will come out.And this wont really affect combos in anyway. The only thing gone would be the OS. Every combo would remain intact.

I dont know how you say I am grouping combos with OS. Other posters here seem to understand what i meant as well.

oh let's see the posting option select here where you say one thing and two meanings come out

How does that change what the Cammy player is doing? It is still an option select.

and what is this Cammy player doing?

An Option Select is just one series of inputs that can have multiple results depending on the situation, often because of the way cancel mechanics and hit-stop work. In the case of Cammy, you can input a special quickly after a cancelable normal; if the normal makes contacts with your opponent, the special comes out, otherwise it does not.

oh

a combo

look, just don't group combos and combo buffers as option selects. yeah, in the broadest, technical, pedantic sense, sure, combos are option selects, but most people can handle enough subtlety to tell both apart even when OSs are a p loosely defined concept

the whole example of "hey what if cammy whiffs and the cannon drill still comes out" example was just a way of portraying that the result would be silly. it was never a serious option

I mean, even if you insist that the later is an option select too, whatever brah, it's clear which one capcom is against

Pompadour

Are you using port forwarding mumbo jumbo or just normal settings on your network?

Edit: casual or ranked?

I'm curious because my matchmaking hasn't been very impressive lately and I want to try port forwarding but also don't know shit about it.

Ranked and I was port forwarded since week 1. I do that for every fighting game I can if the info is available.

Shadoken

Then you guys should have no problem with people using Jab xx Ultra OS against Backdashes ( As an example ) in SFIV as well right?

It also uses the "Hit Stop" mechanic to prevent the ultra coming out if the opponent just blocks or gets hit. And the ultra comes out if the Jab whiffs ( if they backdash or use an invincible move).

I dont get the whole SFIV is bad coz OS argument ( which is how this whole thing started btw ). OS exist in every game, not just fighting games. Just because SFIV has more mechanics than SFV , it is bound to have more OS as well.

Edzi

I'm legit shocked at how many people don't understand buffers. How are people seriously arguing that buffers are OSes like crouch teching or jump back OS?

Shadoken

I'm legit shocked at how many people don't understand buffers. How are people seriously arguing that buffers are OSes like crouch teching or jump back OS?
Edit: Regarding OSes, I think one area of confusion for some people might be how they look at a buffer. If I have super with Chun and I do qcfx2 in anticipation of a fireball but don't hit a kick til i see it, that's a buffer. A buffer can also be an OS though, such as cr mk xx fireball. In that case you do the full input for the special and it OSes whether or not the cr mk makes some form of contact. I can get the confusion since both are buffers, but only one of those two is an OS.

Shadoken

I recently started playing online again and Port forwarding helped me a lot after the recent update. It didnt really do much before that though. So i recommend everyone do the port forwarding post patch.

Yeah it should be common knowledge by now. Maybe a FGC person can type up and circulate an article or something?

I opened up these ports mentioned by lord haunts.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/491yfe/anybody_have_luck_with_port_forwarding/

If you want to know how , you need to access your routers login page. Usually its 192.168.0.1 or something.
This site might help
https://portforward.com/help/street-fighter-v/

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I recently started playing online again and Port forwarding helped me a lot after the recent update. It didnt really do much before that though. So i recommend everyone do the port forwarding post patch.

I opened up these ports mentioned by lord haunts.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/491yfe/anybody_have_luck_with_port_forwarding/

If you want to know how , you need to access your routers login page. Usually its 192.168.0.1 or something.
This site might help
https://portforward.com/help/street-fighter-v/

Thanks. I've seen that site before, it kinda helps.

Just so I'm clear, if Capcom recommends I forward a range of ports, for example, UDP: 30840-30859, do I enter 30840, 30841, 30842, etc, separately line by line? Is there a way to designate a whole range in a single line?

Sorry if this question doesn't make sense unless you know my specific router.

ElFly

Thanks. I've seen that site before, it kinda helps.

Just so I'm clear, if Capcom recommends I forward a range of ports, for example, UDP: 30840-30859, do I enter 30840, 30841, 30842, etc, separately line by line? Is there a way to designate a whole range in a single line?

Sorry if this question doesn't make sense unless you know my specific router.

most routers will let you specify a range

just noticed your avatar, solid
Now TheSpoiler needs a picture of Dante from his MvC:I render as his avatar and we're set.

mclqlU8.jpg

DunpealD

I actually think he's getting delayed.

No hints and shit from the WSO people. Nothing on social media. I'm not expecting shit.

And I have no ass left to give.

DIdn't they say at least one piece of information per month?
The new costumes got announced at E3, so I wouldn't expect anything else this month. They met the quota, so they pat themselves on their back and think about what
Chun Li
costumes to show next month.

<----------------
For you boys, anything.

The new costumes got announced at E3, so I wouldn't expect anything else this month. They met the quota, so they pat themselves on their back and think about what
Chun Li

We haven't even gotten a damn blog post about it. I bet they are hiding that Abigail is delayed shit at the bottom of it too.

Dudes better gimme something besides costumes this month.

mbpm1

<----------------
For you boys, anything.

We haven't even gotten a damn blog post about it. I bet they are hiding that Abigail is delayed shit at the bottom of it too.

Dudes better gimme something besides costumes this month.

and then everyone was bad mvci faces

Zackat

the first one I made was the top one, and I thought it looked alright.

then I cropped it smaller and took away the guns and lmao.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Sorry for all the tech support posting, but what's the best way to determine whether port forwarding is configured correctly? I've hit a couple of port checking websites and they are telling me my ports are still closed. Should I believe them? I turned off windows firewall and the result is the same. I haven't configured my PC with a static IP, but my router always assigns me the same IP address already. Is that where I'm going wrong?

This doesn't seem like it should be difficult.

Bob White

Chun Li

lol. The once a month quota. Jesus fucking...I mean, I look at Riot on the League sub reddit and those guys are always interacting with the community. It's crazy how easy it is. Doesn't take magic, just fucking talk to people.

"The Urgot champion update is coming but is a little down the pipeline right now"

Boom. Done. Shows you're listening, shows you're working on something. There doesn't need to be a "we'll talk to you at LEAST once a month, guys! Yay for us!"

Meanwhile at capcom..."CEO and E3 are coming! What do we show for SF5?! Drunk gootecks at E3 and nothing at CEO! Brilliant!"

Edzi

lol. The once a month quota. Jesus fucking...I mean, I look at Riot on the League sub reddit and those guys are always interacting with the community. It's crazy how easy it is. Doesn't take magic, just fucking talk to people.

"The Urgot champion update is coming but is a little down the pipeline right now"

Boom. Done. Shows you're listening, shows you're working on something. There doesn't need to be a "we'll talk to you at LEAST once a month, guys! Yay for us!"

Meanwhile at capcom..."CEO and E3 are coming! What do we show for SF5?! Drunk gootecks at E3 and nothing at CEO! Brilliant!"

I'm still salty over that gootecks shit.

So, I was playing a bit of Vega in training mode and I noticed something weird about his frame data. s.HP (no claw) cancelled into his stance switch normally leaves him at +1. However, when his claw is knocked off, s.HP > stance switch seems to leave him at 0.

Has it always been like this? Am I crazy?

Top Bottom