• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

MrCarter

He brushed it off and said the source (noodals) wasn't really trustworthy.

The only legit time Aris has ever said anything bad about T7 is when he laughed at somebody for saying Bamco didn't have enough time to add modes to T7.

I'm not surprised. The bias is strong with that one. People go on about Wong or LiJoe allegedly shilling MvCi but the biggest blind shill of them all is probably Aris when it comes to Tekken.

JusDoIt

Tekken 7 came out in March 2015. It's almost a full year older than SFV. Judging the games as they are right now is fair and square.

SF5 launched rough, but my suspicion of it having such a backlash from all areas is just how toxic things were made from the backlash of the lack of single player content. Tekken had two damn years while it was chillin' in the arcade and watching SF5 getting slammed though, so I find the calm some people have over its issues a bit egregious.

"haha I'm gonna post on the SFV Server Twitter that I'm playing Tekken heheh"

Dude no you ain't you probably don't even play Tekken lol

The code gives mika straight hair
fd1a1719a9.jpg

Ibuki's just removes the scarf, I don't play nash at all so I didn't get that costume.
Also the download was only 150mb, doubt there is anything else in there.

Anyone want to play a bit?

Lol, they REFUSE to give a Mika costume where her face isn't covered by something. I though the code might remove the glasses. Nope.

Either way, it's a nice costume.

TheOGB

Banned
Damn, I was gonna hold out on buying these costumes for once but I actually really like Nash's there 👀

I agree completely. It's been playable in arcades for years, watched SFV eat shit for over a year, and they still made a lot of the same mistakes (and new ones). It is very odd that they aren't getting nearly as much flack, as if the quality of the game isn't the driving force behind the hate.
Tekken 7's arcade mode is only 5 fights, there's no Time Trial or Survival modes (and there's a DLC mode??), the character episodes are ONE fight and largely inconsequential, and yeah, all that loading. That stuff was weird and off-putting, but tbh I could persoanlly play Ghost/Treasure Battle forever so there was at least that. Online still needs some work though, for sure. SFV didn't exactly raise the bar very high but Bamco should've been able to do a full Lili Divine Step over that bitch, instead of feeling like they barely cleared it.

jett

D-Member
Ucchedavāda;242005392 said:
Reminder that SFV launched with
  • No way to change keyboard bindings (PC; still the case)

PC QOL stuff is pretty sad. The enter button doesn't work to navigate the menu. The mouse doesn't work either. I don't get it.

Shadoken

I agree completely. It's been playable in arcades for years, watched SFV eat shit for over a year, and they still made a lot of the same mistakes (and new ones). It is very odd that they aren't getting nearly as much flack, as if the quality of the game isn't the driving force behind the hate.

But I'm a pedant so I need to call things like that out even if I agree with the overall sentiment.

The thing is SFV at launch went below a certain threshold , which is why the hate blew up. IF the launch mode simply had even VsCPU or Arcade mode it might have helped.

Casuals were very disappointed that they had almost NOTHING to do apart from playing online and then there were the server issues.

Village

I wish playing nash didn't make me go ew
I wish the Nash school uniform didn't have the Frankenstein patchwork like his standard kit
There is a guy who modded it out of all nash's costumes cept holloween. He might do this one

That body is doing animations meant for someone with far more muscle, and has the posture and shoulder with of someone far more muscular, it looks rather gross. Its like when you make a really skinny guy in saints row, you can but you gotta do some shit for it to look right.

Village

it's a lot better than what we got

his costume is so ridiculous, and he def didn't need to buff up

His main costume is a bit weird but I like. I also don't really mind the buffing up, because he's actually still smaller than like everyone else. No seriously. Look at his body in his battle and story outfit, he's still smaller than all the other buff dudes.

I would have , I wont say preferred , butit would have been interesting to see a skinier fighter. But I guess we will have to wait for feilong , and the Hong Kong twins eventual return to the roster to see that

KingBroly

Banned
Ucchedavāda;242005392 said:
Reminder that SFV launched with
  • Character stories
  • Survival mode (the only way to unlock colors; server disconnects lost your progress)
  • Training mode (that didn't save your settings)
  • PvP, but no PvCPU
  • Limited CFN functionality
  • Replays (+1 for SFV!)
  • 2 person lobbies only
  • Single match casual/ranked matches
  • No DInput support (PC)
  • No way to change keyboard bindings (PC; still the case)
  • No rage-quitting punishment

Some specific parts of SFV may have been better than T7 at launch, but blanket statements to that effect are patently absurd.

Server disconnect for progress loss is still the case for Survival Mode as well. It's a design flaw. A big one.

mbpm1

His main costume is a bit weird but I like. I also don't really mind the buffing up, because he's actually still smaller than like everyone else. No seriously. Look at his body in his battle and story outfit, he's still smaller than all the other buff dudes.

I would have , I wont say preferred , butit would have been interesting to see a skinier fighter. But I guess we will have to wait for feilong , and the Hong Kong twins eventual return to the roster to see that

who needs skinny fighters when fang is already in the game

Village

who needs skinny fighters when fang is already in the game

You don't get to see a lot of fang. Fang's skinny ness plays more into the flowyness of his outfits, its like a ghost, a phantom of poison.

Yun and Yang, are just attractive cut young dudes that look cool and aren't that buff. Body diversity is neato.

Also no one plays fang

HardRojo

I think the new CFN has been kind to me since it was implemented, my waiting times between matches have definitely gone down as I find matches more often (still can take a while sometimes, but I'll take it), and I've been able to play consistently well with friends in lobbies, connections wouldn't spike randomly and all matches played great. 5 and 4 bar matches actually act like they belong in that ballpark now. Keep it up Capcom, and please let that SSFV rumor be true!

Pompadour

https://youtu.be/MzgslsF0c9c

It's kind of a bummer what we lost from the early gameplay footage. I really don't get why a lot of these animations/moves went unused in the final game. Chun-Li had like an extra 5 moves that she doesn't have now. Hell, they can be shitty moves but I don't understand letting those animations go to waste.

SephLuis

https://youtu.be/MzgslsF0c9c

It's kind of a bummer what we lost from the early gameplay footage. I really don't get why a lot of these animations/moves went unused in the final game. Chun-Li had like an extra 5 moves that she doesn't have now. Hell, they can be shitty moves but I don't understand letting those animations go to waste.

I always figured that those moves didn't aligned very well with what they wanted on the first season of SF V and we may see them back on future updates. It's easier to gradually increase player's options rather than throw everything at once and balance it out later.

Chun li will need some considerable changes for S3. Her game didn't changed much from S1, expect dealing damage is more difficult. People know how to defend her already and I haven't seen much in terms of new tech with her.

Top Bottom