• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

jmelons

The code gives mika straight hair

Ibuki's just removes the scarf, I don't play nash at all so I didn't get that costume.
Also the download was only 150mb, doubt there is anything else in there.

Anyone want to play a bit?

That scarf is the only reason I use that costume. They should've brought back the racoon costume from 4.

Ibuki - getting 0 love since 09

Server disconnect for progress loss is still the case for Survival Mode as well. It's a design flaw. A big one.
No. That got fixed in the season 2 update.

The game now displays a pop-up message, if you lose the server connection (like the "failed to retrieve data" messages), and then gives you the option to reconnect to the server once your survival run is over.

KingBroly

Banned
Ucchedavāda;242034723 said:
No. That got fixed in the season 2 update.

The game now displays a pop-up message, if you lose the server connection (like the "failed to retrieve data" messages), and then gives you the option to reconnect to the server once your survival run is over.

It should try to automatically re-connect after every match, IMO, but still nice to know

some poison guy

don't worry, he's just a bad function
OOvKF3b.gif

Village

One day Sagat will be in V

and they will either shit on fang more because they will compare him to sagat. Or shit on him less because they forgot about him harder, and care about sagat

Spuck-uk

Banned
do people complain less cuz the fastest moves are like 10 frames in that game

Basically, and the Tekken series has had quite a lot of input lag for a while now, it's used to hide online latency.

Nobody is expecting to react to 10 frame buttons, the fastest 'seeable' moves are ~20 frames, and the game is balanced around that.

That the ps4 version has an extra frame of lag is annoying, this definitely seems to be a UE4 issues on playstation.

Spuck-uk

Banned
I never really understood the logic behind this.

So what if the fastest move has a 10f startup. Its not like people in SFV are reacting to the startup of a throw or a Jab and deciding whether to block or tech. Nobody is reacting to 3f and 5f moves regardless of that 5f,4f or 6f of input lag

The only thing this affects is whiff punishing and moves in SF also have > 10f of Startup/Active and Recorver frames. And shit like Dashes and Jumps which are very much >10f.

When the input lag is twice the frames of the button you're pushing, it's a lot more noticable, than if the lag is half that of the button you're pressing.

Tekken moves also have wayyyy more recovery frames if you whiff, and longer range punishment tools in general.

histopher

Sorry to post and not really add anything but its really frustrating expecting a new character this month and not even getting any sort of mention of it.

MrCarter

https://youtu.be/MzgslsF0c9c

It's kind of a bummer what we lost from the early gameplay footage. I really don't get why a lot of these animations/moves went unused in the final game. Chun-Li had like an extra 5 moves that she doesn't have now. Hell, they can be shitty moves but I don't understand letting those animations go to waste.

I liked that she got a quick punching move, looked great. If there are more triggers in the future I hope they implement these moves. What I found funny in the video is how we look back on these things with rose-tinted glasses because when the footage was released at the time I remembered people say "Mahvel!", "UI sucks" and it looks "Bland and colourless!" etc.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
https://youtu.be/MzgslsF0c9c

It's kind of a bummer what we lost from the early gameplay footage. I really don't get why a lot of these animations/moves went unused in the final game. Chun-Li had like an extra 5 moves that she doesn't have now. Hell, they can be shitty moves but I don't understand letting those animations go to waste.
Posted it on the video, too, but yeah...
This Taipei demo is from january 2015 and the first SFV beta happened in july and it was a completely different game. It's super weird.

Alpha SFV also had backlashes

Umehara feels that the game's pace is too slow, as there was nothing else to do during the long block stun. He suggested that players should be able to perform something, not just waiting for the sequence to finish

Now the game is faster and there is nothing to do during block stun.

I do want that Chun Li back and the Combo UI.

Blueblur1

Sorry to post and not really add anything but its really frustrating expecting a new character this month and not even getting any sort of mention of it.

Don't worry, a lot of us feel the same way. As someone said the other day, we've gone from hoping SFV updates arrive before the last day of the month to hoping that they we get update at all.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

No we definitely feel you. Even those of us who love the gameplay still hate how it's being treated and In return how the consumers like us are treated.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
This game just needs a Harada. Someone who people can email and who might actually answer some stuff on Twitter with some authority. Nothing against the guy, but I feel like Harrison is kinda the only person saying anything and I don't think he has any say in it at all. Same goes for Matt from Capcom UK.

Sajam said there's a disconnect between the developers and the suits. One side wants to do shit and the other side does not. Can you guess which one wants to fix the game?

Even John D was aware of Chun Lis face problems.

This game just needs a Harada. Someone who people can email and who might actually answer some stuff on Twitter with some authority. Nothing against the guy, but I feel like Harrison is kinda the only person saying anything and I don't think he has any say in it at all. Same goes for Matt from Capcom UK.
Or maybe they need to structure so that there's actual communication. You have people Tyler Landsdown for NRS and Rukari Austin for Iron galaxy. These guys are pretty much the "face" for communicating with the fans and they are VERY good at it. But they wouldn't be able to do that if the people they worked for just stayed silent on everything.

Neva 4get

Moving forward we will work to communicate information surrounding content releases in #SFV at a much more rapid pace.

— Street Fighter (@StreetFighter) May 31, 2016

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah that's basically what I mean. You need someone with a connection to the actual team responsible for the game, doesn't matter how that works.
And I see the same thing happening with MvC:I, too. People latch on to Combofiend but he's not out there talking to fans, that's not what he does.

MrCarter

I'm not sure Ono is the right person for communicating, when he's not producing he just builds the hype with his Blanka. Matt Edwards is doing great stuff for the UK and CPT scene and if Capcom gave him the opportunity to communicate with us more he would be perfect for it.

XenoRaven

Neva 4get

Moving forward we will work to communicate information surrounding content releases in #SFV at a much more rapid pace.

— Street Fighter (@StreetFighter) May 31, 2016
Note: Any time someone says "I/we will work to", they are probably not going to do anything.

Poor communication with their community is one of many issues at that company, and I can only imagine it's because of some old fashioned execs in Japan thinking they need to keep everything close to the vest.

Looks like Capcom has added previews of all the "school" costumes colors to CFN. Not just for Ibuki, Mika, and Nash, but also for Ryu, Chun-Li, and Juri.

Blueblur1

Ucchedavāda;242055495 said:
The first CPT DLC wasn't even announced until EVO.
So that doesn't particularly surprise me.

If its not too delayed I hope we see the stage show up on a Capcom PS4 during Evo Top 8 just like last year.

Sajam said there's a disconnect between the developers and the suits. One side wants to do shit and the other side does not. Can you guess which one wants to fix the game?

Damn, I should really watch that interview.

Village

Ucchedavāda;242056158 said:
Looks like Capcom has added previews of all the "school" costumes colors to CFN. Not just for Ibuki, Mika, and Nash, but also for Ryu, Chun-Li, and Juri.

Tiger Bazoozooka

Blueblur1

Ucchedavāda;242056158 said:

Those quips are still pretty good. If only the game's problems got that much attention!

VariantX

Not surprised at all. I feel the side that's front facing and closest to community genuinely wants to fix shit but their hands are tied until they can convince those at the top to give them the go-ahead.

Top Bottom