• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
There seems to be a push to revive SF4 and I'm happy for those who still enjoy that game, but I don't think it's more than a fart in the wind.

MrCarter

There seems to be a push to revive SF4 and I'm happy for those who still enjoy that game, but I don't think it's more than a fart in the wind.

I like that there seems to be some effort made however as much as people continue to cry and whine that SF4 is a good game that needs to be revived, I don't see much effort or interest in it apart from a few handful.

Edzi

I don't think think anyone but Count is serious about it, it's just a low-key way to shit on sfv. The idea/concept of sf4 is more valuable to the narrative than actually playing it would be, since then they'd actually have to admit the games faults.

I don't think think anyone but Count is serious about it, it's just a low-key way to shit on sfv. The idea of sf4 is more valuable to the narrative than actually playing it would be, since then they'd actually have to admit the games faults.

I know you were in the discord when I mirror matched Yams with every character in the game b, I do still play vs just talking about it.

The game does have it's faults but I find it fun tbh

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think think anyone but Count is serious about it, it's just a low-key way to shit on sfv. The idea/concept of sf4 is more valuable to the narrative than actually playing it would be, since then they'd actually have to admit the games faults.
Nah I see people on reddit and stuff push it a bit. And well, he linked some high profile players playing it, too. It's a thing right now.

Why the hell arent 3rd Strike and Darkstalkers Rez on PC and PS4 yet again?
I bothered Dave Lang about those and he said it's all on Capcom, Iron Galaxy would love to do it.

Pompadour

the joke is on the people playing something as bad as sf4

They'd rather eat a shit sandwich than a shit hot dog, apparently.

Bringing back SF4 isn't going to work so they might as well put their effort behind a more interesting SF, like Alpha 2 or 3S.

There's a SF fan out there that thinks every other SF is trash tbh

some people think 3s is trash, some people think ST is trash etc

in SFIV's case they are factually wrong, that game is straight delightful whew

Edzi

I know you were in the discord when I mirror matched Yams with every character in the game b, I do still play vs just talking about it.

The game does have it's faults but I find it fun tbh

That's what I said though, I don't think you're saying it to shit on SFV but I think the vast majority of other people clamoring for SF4 do it for exactly that reason.

Either way though, I don't really care which game gets picked up by the community, I just want Capcom and the SF fgc to figure their shit out fast.

For me personally, the only legitimately great SF game was Alpha 3 and even that isn't as good as Alpha 2 but it had E.Honda so I had to give it top placing.

Pompadour

There's a SF fan out there that thinks every other SF is trash tbh

some people think 3s is trash, some people think ST is trash etc

in SFIV's case they are factually wrong, that game is straight delightful whew

I guess if someone out there's favorite character can be T. Hawk, someone's favorite game can be SF4.

Sidenote: The coolest I ever thought T. Hawk was when my I was a kid and my friend told me his full name was Tommy Hawk just to make a dumb pun. Unfortunately I learned the truth as an adult.

SFIV talk? Might as well post the best match.

haven't clicked the link yet but if this isn't ironfist's sagat im gonna be mad disappointed

edit: im disappointed

this comeback was amazing b now every comeback starts with a target combo into VT into ggs. Anyone can style on anyone, same thing every time, boring tbh.

For me personally, the only legitimately great SF game was Alpha 3 and even that isn't as good as Alpha 2 but it had E.Honda so I had to give it top placing.

im still undefeated in honda mirror matches in sfiv

Skilletor

I respect this.

Also, paraphrasing, "In SF4, if I practiced and had the execution and game knowledge, I could crush you. In SF5, anybody can win."

Gamerbee in this Redbull movie.

There's a whole generation that only really knows 4 and V. Arcade SF4 will be 10 years old next year!

And this was always my favorite match:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA9y69Zyi0E

#nahbreh. Daigo shouldn't have brought his :flabbynsick: 2 month e ryu to evo just to get yammed on tbh.

It's certainly one of the most hype but the best?

I dunno. Either the Canada Cup 2015 finals between Tokido and Fuudo, or the Red Bull match between Daigo and Momochi is the straight up best one for me.

Tokido vs Fuudo at Canada Cup was so goddamn good.

Daigo vs Momochi at Stunfest both Winners finals and grand finals were both great. Daigo going back to regular Ryu vs Momochi's Ken then Momochi going back to Cody. Shit was straight out of an anime lmao

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe that's why I like it lol

Nah, it just shows how far high level fundamentals can get you. Love it.

myco666

It's certainly one of the most hype but the best?

I dunno. Either the Canada Cup 2015 finals between Tokido and Fuudo, or the Red Bull match between Daigo and Momochi is the straight up best one for me.

Only match I actually keep rewatching so best for me. Other good one I like is the Infiltration vs PR Rog where Infil changes to Hakan.

This is begging to be an album cover of some sort:
https://twitter.com/p_yoichi/status/880060796721520641
DDaamqLUIAEYw-b.jpg

Pompadour

I respect this.

Also, paraphrasing, "In SF4, if I practiced and had the execution and game knowledge, I could crush you. In SF5, anybody can win."

Gamerbee in this Redbull movie.

I don't even disagree with that sentiment. I just rather people encouraged gameplay changes that increased the skill gap without going "SFV is trash and SF4 wasn't so revert every gameplay change back to how it was in SF4."

I've seen people say the SFV netcode is bad (true) so we need to go back to delay based netcode like in SF4 (what the fuck).

Skilletor

I don't even disagree with that sentiment. I just rather people encouraged gameplay changes that increased the skill gap without going "SFV is trash and SF4 wasn't so revert every gameplay change back to how it was in SF4."

I've seen people say the SFV netcode is bad (true) so we need to go back to delay based netcode like in SF4 (what the fuck).

I agree with you 100%.

Delay based netcode needs to die. I'll take SF5 over any ASW game and T7 on PS4.

MrCarter

I don't agree with "anyone can win" though. If that was the case we wouldn't have the same people placing in top 32 every single tourney.

Neoxon

Sagat and Sakura coming with SSFV, before season 3, simple as that!
I'm not sure if Capcom would do absolutely free characters with no Fight Money to pay, plus it could potentially leave Season 3 with only 4 characters.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Who said they would be free?

My train of thought is this:
If they want to make a big splash with a "Super" version then they need characters attached to it. Especially if they want to sell a physical version of it.

Both netcodes aren't great. I just want Capcom to work on the current netcode and make it great instead of the struggle shit we have now tbh.

If they want to make a big splash with a "Super" version then they need characters attached to it. Especially if they want to sell a physical version of it.

If they include Sak, Sagat, Blanka and the Final Fighters, I think that would be a big enough draw.

Also throw in Elena so CB doesn't drop the game.

MrCarter

If they sell half the season 3 characters within "SSFV" I think it would do well and then I could see them releasing the remaining 3 characters every 2/3 months. The only downside for them now is that they can't sell a season pass.

Both netcodes aren't great. I just want Capcom to work on the current netcode and make it great instead of the struggle shit we have now tbh.

From what I gather, they need to fix the desync problem with the current netcode (the cause of one-sided rollback), they need to improve NAT traversal, and they need get rid of server-based matches, which are unplayable regardless. I would be surprised if any of that happens, however.

Pompadour

I don't agree with "anyone can win" though. If that was the case we wouldn't have the same people placing in top 32 every single tourney.

Yeah, I don't agree, either. They're just complaining that things that gave them an edge no longer exist so they aren't as consistent. Which is a reasonable criticism but that doesn't mean that the game is skill-less.

And before anyone says "then why not just make it harder to play so there will be more consistency with who wins what" the logical conclusion to that would be a game where every link is a 1f link and combos go on forever. There certainly would be a few dozen freaks of nature who would love it but I don't think it would have a healthy playerbase.

Gameplay wise, I think you just need to find ways to appease players either end of the skill spectrum as long as these appeasements don't impact the opposite side. An example is autocombos in fighters. A casual isn't going to blow up a pro with autocombos so they shouldn't care. That shit will only negatively impact people that aren't good but aren't garbage.

Top Bottom