• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Successfully landing a CC st.hp with Urien in a neutral situation leads to:

• V-meter gain
  • Considerable damage.
  • Regular meter gain
  • Corner carry
Successfully landing a st.hp that isn't a CC with Urien in a neutral situation leads to:

• Damage for the st.hp
  • Meter gain for the st.hp
Having a st.hp blocked in a neutral situation as Urien leads to:

• ???
  • EX Headbutt

Somewhat similar situation applies to Necalli's st.hk, Ken's st.hk, and a few others.

Yeah because I have nothing to fear if I don't quickrise after a throw loop in the corner vs Ken.

His regular one should be more minus and his charged one should be slower tbh

Skilletor

If we're keeping everything the same, CC should only give you a setup, imo. Then you choose to go for damage on whiffed specials, or setup and more stun. When in neutral, it gives you a reason to use your amazing CC buttons, but it doesn't lead to tons of damage, just potential.

Shadoken

Being in the corner sucks, it's supposed to suck, but throw loops aren't as big of a deal as they're made out to be. Just SF4 it, wake up slow.

What? Delayed wakeup does nothing. The gap is so big so they can just setup another Meaty/Throw situation.

If we're keeping everything the same, CC should only give you a setup, imo. Then you choose to go for damage on whiffed specials, or setup and more stun. When in neutral, it gives you a reason to use your amazing CC buttons, but it doesn't lead to tons of damage, just potential.

CC buttons should be in counter-hit state on recovery. NOW lets see how many morons blindly spam it.

Skilletor

CC buttons should be in counter-hit state on recovery. NOW lets see how many morons blindly spam it.

I've said in the past that CC buttons shouldn't be tied to buttons that are amazing in neutral. In a game that they say is about promoting player choice, some of these CC buttons are the opposite of that (see Luce's post).

CC's should be command normals only that you have to have a read on the opponent to utilize.

What? Delayed wakeup does nothing. The gap is so big so they can just setup another Meaty/Throw situation.
Of course they can, but people also complain about wakeup jabs and small windows of active frames so if you're not just perfectly setting them up for another throw it at least changes the situation.

Shadoken

Of course they can, but people also complain about wakeup jabs and small windows of active frames so if you're not just perfectly setting them up for another throw it at least changes the situation.

Mostly an Online thing. Everyone wakes up with jab everytime lmao. Meaties arent too bad Offline.

The main reason you see Wake up jab offline is for Moves that can be back-teched. The gap between Quick tech and back tech is just 5 frames. So you need to manually time your meaties , after seeing what they did. In some cases it might not even be possible.

For Quick and Delayed tech its super easy. Do your meaty , oh did it whiff? Use another normal to kill frames and then you can meaty again.

Throws cant be back teched , so its really dumb when you have throw loops in the corner and your character doesnt have a DP.

CC's should be command normals only that you have to have a read on the opponent to utilize.

Yea they should be command normals with a particular use , that fit into the characters tool kit.

Like Nash F.HP is a good example. It can only be used at the right ranges with the right timing , otherwise you will eat a jump in and its -13 on block.

Plus on block CC normals that ppl just randomly throw out is something ill never understand.

Pompadour

That isn't a bad of an idea if CH on recovery couldn't lead to Crush Counter. I always thought making reversals CC'able on recovery was way too punishing but if that and CC normals could still let you do regular CH combos on recovery that would probably be fine.

I was thinking of a crush counter counter. Like what if you could spend ex meter to stop a CC? If you timed it right the CC is negated and you deal some damage and go back into neutral; if you miss you eat the cc combo.

I know, i will try ranked again as there is a new mission for it.

Match one - a smurf ultra bronze with 15 wins. Beats me twice and busts me to ultra bronze. What ever. Its fine i will get back to silver soon enough.

Second match. Murder a silver nash but RQs as i win..... Great.

Third match. A bison that doesn't run me back after i beat him because "MAH POINTS" or something.

Forth guy i beat, get back to silver.

Fuck ranked, its a hole. Back to casual fun times i go.

Maybe we can call it " COUNTER BREAKER "

giphy.gif
damn.

Darkstalkers Resurrection is one of the PS+ games this month.

I don't play on consoles anymore but I'll see if I can find a way to get a trial for PS+ real quick and nab that for the backlog.

vulva

Darkstalkers Resurrection is one of the PS+ games this month.

I don't play on consoles anymore but I'll see if I can find a way to get a trial for PS+ real quick and nab that for the backlog.

fwiw you can only access those games while you have an active ps+ account, so if you wanted to play it down the line you'd need to activate ps+

Village

Tried to take my Balrog scrubbery offline at my locals.

Weird how people can just block my dumb shit now.

there is definitely an online and offline teir list

even when there is minimal lag, like aris said, you don't know the vibe on the otherside. It could be anything. It could be a talented dog playing karin, you have no idea.

FluxWaveZ

there is definitely an online and offline teir list

even when there is minimal lag, like aris said, you don't know the vibe on the otherside. It could be anything. It could be a talented dog playing karin, you have no idea.

Whatever the case with that, Balrog is still at the toppest of tiers both online and off.

Shadoken

What i feel is even if Capcom does listen to the community regarding CCs, they will half ass the fix.

They will add some system or universal change that will reduce the effectiveness of crush counters. And then leave some CCs unchanged , just like with throw loops and AA jabs.

Like why does Balrog need a throw loop when he already has an insanely damaging mixup game. And ofc necalli will have an AA jab so that he can keep mashing St.HK randomly and even if you predict it and jump he will recover in time to AA jab -> Dash up mixup. Why even bother trying to DP.

Not sure about that. Why make already linear offense even more linear? You don't make rps more interesting by nerfing scissors. Rather see more defense

That might be the case but the goal is to weaken the pressure game. More time will be spent in neutral and blows ups will be harder to earn. I honestly think that will make the game more fun to play and watch. I do want throws to be buffed to compensate for this change so it'll definitely hurt a little. Even with a change like this people will still not want to take the throw even with full health so blow ups will still happen quite often.

I dont want to go back to SFIV Gief.

I like SFV Gief. He has good anti-airs, and better SPDs.
Agreed. SFV Gief >>>>>>>>>>>> SF4 Gief. He has way more tools and is more than literally SPD->Greenhand.

SF4 Gief was painful to watch (and not just because he looked ugly). V's version is probably the best we've ever seen Gief in terms of fun.
Would people be fine with Rog as he is if defensive options got buffed?

I don't mean online Rog sorry that monster will always be broken.
i actually do wish he was more like his SF4 incarnation where he was equally good at offense and defense depending on how you wanted to play your game, but he didn't feel OP. This Rog feels more like Dudley, it feels weird to have a 100% offensive Balrog instead of a 50/50.

Also my poor Ibuki-chan lost her rekkas and is a naruto wannabe :(

That might be the case but the goal is to weaken the pressure game. More time will be spent in neutral and blows ups will be harder to earn. I honestly think that will make the game more fun to play and watch. I do want throws to be buffed to compensate for this change so it'll definitely hurt a little. Even with a change like this people will still not want to take the throw even with full health so blow ups will still happen quite often.

I think you can slightly weaken the pressure game by making the neutral tools stronger. Faster startup, longer active frames, faster walk speed, and more range on the normals discourages dashing in. Reducing input lag helps with that too and also makes it easier to prevent jumpins. It won't be a huge difference, but it does help.

I'm going to keep preaching this until SF6.

I'm off for tonight, but anyone wanna lounge tomorrow from 11a EST to 4p EST? Wouldn't mind playing some gents here; I work at 5p and don't get off till around midnight.

I think you can slightly weaken the pressure game by making the neutral tools stronger. Faster startup, longer active frames, faster walk speed, and more range on the normals discourages dashing in. Reducing input lag helps with that too and also makes it easier to prevent jumpins. It won't be a huge difference, but it does help.

I'm going to keep preaching this until SF6.

Sure they could do all that, but that requires a retooling of a lot of normals and walk speeds. Changes like that could really affect how good or bad some characters are and would need a lot of testing. Plus it goes against how the game was designed in the first place and I don't see them changing that.

I'm asking for the throw changes because I don't think it would really affect character balance all that much and it keeps the guessing game aspect of the wake up game intact. Throws would just give you more breathing room if you're willing to take it without a challenge. Some characters throws are already like this, I just want it to be universal.

Finally got around to watching this again. It was hilarious to watch them try to remember how to play this game again. They couldn't help it but fall back on SFV habits like the Ryu player doing shimmy's, st. jab anti airs, and st. MP to hit confirm. I did the same exact thing with Evil Ryu when I went back to play USF4 after only playing SFV for a very long time. Got destroyed by a Cammy and said "nope, picking Yun next so I won't have to worry about these habits".

Sure they could do all that, but that would requires a retooling of a lot of normals and walk speeds. Changes like that could really affect how good or bad some characters are and would need a lot of testing. Plus it goes against how the game was designed in the first place and I don't see them changing that.

AU4f4Pi.png

Farewell

Again after this server maintenance i can't find any casual or ranked games, also getting errors when trying to join batte lounges, so basically can't play it online for days until capcom releases a patch. Already tried port forwarding without success.
This is the second time this is happening, every other online game is fine.

Anyone know whats going on? It must be on capcoms end, because a patch fixed it the first time this happened, also strange that it seems to just affect a small group of people, because i couldn't find anyone on other forums with the same problem.

Edit: On ps4 and im from germany.

Again after this server maintenance i can't find any casual or ranked games, also getting errors when trying to join batte lounges, so basically can't play it online for days until capcom releases a patch. Already tried port forwarding without success.
This is the second time this is happening, every other online game is fine.

Anyone know whats going on? It must be on capcoms end, because a patch fixed it the first time this happened, also strange that it seems to just affect a small group of people, because i couldn't find anyone on other forums with the same problem.

Edit: On ps4 and im from germany.

Do you know you did the port forwarding correctly? Assigned static ip first etc etc. Trst the ports are open?

MrCarter

Yeah they put a lot of work into stuff you barely even see. Shame its banned for tournament streams too because fewer people get to see that hard work

I like the little details but I can't deny resource management has been awful. Instead of creating a story mode they should have just spent that money on a robust arcade and extra battle mode.

Kashiwaba

Skies of honor stage needs to be at different time of the day instead of twilight + be more colorful, if so it would have been the best stage in SFV.

Skies of honor stage needs to be at different time of the day instead of twilight + be more colorful, if so it would have been the best stage in SFV.

It already is the best stage in the game, it just needs a non-moving variant so that I can use it online without feeling bad.
They need to bring back Overpass and the Africa stage from IV tbh
I personally wouldn't mind Cruise Ship Stern and Snowy Rail Yard making a comeback.

Top Bottom