• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

No no no. Pad is ass. I've been playing with it for a month and it's killing me. Since I won't be able to go to EVO this year (shit came up :/) I'm spending that savings on new stick.

They said they'll be restocking on the 30th so hopefully I can find some deals or something.

It also feels more fun to play fighting games on a stick to me. My girlfriend hates it because it's loud but too bad.

Skilletor

Or, you could take this opportunity to learn pad and never go back to stick.

77ViEbV.gif

After not playing the game since a month after launch i decided to jump back in after finally taking my stick from back home. Looks like i stopped after reaching a measly 1500LP with my scrub Ken. Got a whole lot of beatings and changes to look forward to i guess. Did they ever fix the shitty survival mode? I remember that mode being rage inducing due to it being hell on higher difficulties. Ive managed to swiftly move through kens trials and im remembering a lot of bnbs vis training mode so thats a plus.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Why in the ever living fuck did an nvidia update notification just cause me to lose all control of the game and then automatically alt-tab away from it???

It made me to lose to a Ryu I should have beat! There is literally no fate worse for a Ken. I'm angry with rage over here.

jett

D-Member
Du is a freak of nature and ISSD doesn't count you can't meme me on the pad life!

but Punk tho

and Snake Eyez tho

The pad life is the true life.

Seriously though, as a pad player, it feels good to see all the top champs today being pad players LOL.

remz

Why in the ever living fuck did an nvidia update notification just cause me to lose all control of the game and then automatically alt-tab away from it???

It made me to lose to a Ryu I should have beat! There is literally no fate worse for a Ken. I'm angry with rage over here.

Lol somehow I crashed Tekken today by turning volume up with my keyboard key in between rounds against a Feng I took the first one from. :|

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
After not playing the game since a month after launch i decided to jump back in after finally taking my stick from back home. Looks like i stopped after reaching a measly 1500LP with my scrub Ken. Got a whole lot of beatings and changes to look forward to i guess. Did they ever fix the shitty survival mode? I remember that mode being rage inducing due to it being hell on higher difficulties. Ive managed to swiftly move through kens trials and im remembering a lot of bnbs vis training mode so thats a plus.

They fixed the thing where you'd get booted from the server mid-game and lose all your progress. They didn't fix the fact that it's extremely boring and then suddenly impossible nor the fact that it takes a million years to play. And they never will.

Until they make difficulty less gradual, the overall mode shorter/faster, or give options to spend your points on second chances, survival will remain kinda ass.

but Punk tho

and Snake Eyez tho

The pad life is the true life.

Seriously though, as a pad player, it feels good to see all the top champs today being pad players LOL.

Freaks
of
nature.

What's sad is that once the stick clicked for me, I could barely pick up a pad. I started playing games with my stick just because. And with some, it worked well! And others, like my precious Sengoku Basara, did not work so well (the L3 button/camera movements will always be a problem). But fuck if I wasn't able to do combos better!

I don't know why it's right now of all times, but I'm starting to get seriously pissed at the fact that Capcpom hasn't said anything about the next DLC character(s)

Teh Lurv

Play Cammy.

Yeah, I tried Cammy awhile back but she didn't click for me. Maybe I'll have to give her another shot sometime.

Edit: So I just got paired up in casual with an exp farming Akuma spamming low kick. One thing I noticed is little dark clouds start appearing above his head after spamming moves for awhile. I've seen this before, what's the point to that?

ElFly

They fixed the thing where you'd get booted from the server mid-game and lose all your progress. They didn't fix the fact that it's extremely boring and then suddenly impossible nor the fact that it takes a million years to play. And they never will.

half the danger in survival mode is remaining awake

I struggle even in normal

Sayad

I don't know why it's right now of all times, but I'm starting to get seriously pissed at the fact that Capcpom hasn't said anything about the next DLC character(s)
Is it because they promised a constant feed of updates when they announced Kolin and then they promised Ed being delayed won't affect the next character?!

Sayad

I mean, it makes sense that Ed WOULDN'T mess with the schedule, but still.
It does and it doesn't. Characters are developed simultaneously not one after the other, so one being delayed doesn't necessarily mean the next one is too. But then again, the same disorganized incompetent team behind Ed's delay is also behind Abigail, so...

ElFly

it must be crunch time for MvC:I and on top of that MvC:I wasn't that well received AND people say it looks ugly, AND arc systems's DB FighterZ stole the thunder of MvC:I

so some of the people working on SFV characters may have been moved to MvC:I (not all of them, as they still had time to get the student costumes out, but that must have been ready before E3)

saving MvC:I is more important than delivering timely SFV DLC at this point

MrCarter

I think they have two seperate teams but MvCi could definitely use the SFV design and animation team to improve the game's visuals.

CFN and MVC could have fucked up production. Abigail could have been almost done and they were like HOLD DAT, CHUNS FACE THO. Like I said before, the E3 floor demo for MVC is like six months old so they probably had these final months blocked off for polish anyway, saw the reception, and are in OH SHIT mode.

Having a double beta probably sent shit back too. Two fighting games going on at once is a lot of work, no matter how small or big your team is.

That being said, they need to be open. I don't mind delays. I want both games to be great. And if something is taking longer than usual, so be it. Let the memes rock and people will get over it. What they won't get over is fucking radio silence. That shit is way, way worse and I don't blame anyone for being angry about it.

Neoxon

CFN and MVC could have fucked up production. Abigail could have been almost done and they were like HOLD DAT, CHUNS FACE THO. Like I said before, the E3 floor demo for MVC is like three months old so they probably had these final months blocked off for polish anyway, saw the reception, and are in OH SHIT mode.

Having a double beta probably sent shit back too. Two fighting games going on at once is a lot of work, no matter how small or big your team is.

That being said, they need to be open. I don't mind delays. I want both games to be great. And if something is taking longer than usual, so be it. Let the memes rock and people will get over it. What they won't get over is fucking radio silence. That shit is way, way worse and I don't blame anyone for being angry about it.
FTFY

ElFly

I think they have two seperate teams but MvCi could definitely use the SFV design and animation team to improve the game's visuals.

having separate teams has not stopped other companies from moving people around, both in east game companies as in west companies

and SFV must have a skeleton crew by now so even one guy moved over to fix Chun's face is a biggie

Pachinko

it must be crunch time for MvC:I and on top of that MvC:I wasn't that well received AND people say it looks ugly, AND arc systems's DB FighterZ stole the thunder of MvC:I

so some of the people working on SFV characters may have been moved to MvC:I (not all of them, as they still had time to get the student costumes out, but that must have been ready before E3)

saving MvC:I is more important than delivering timely SFV DLC at this point

MVC:i is being built by a different team though. Entire thing is probably outsourced instead of just a few pieces like with SFV (the ugliest stuff in the game was all outsourced AFAIK)

SFV stuff getting delayed is sadly nothing new to me now. Nothing ever comes out when it should with this game outside of costumes because people keep paying the absurd asking price for them. (Hell, even I bought that stupid redbull dance outfit for Chun because it's god damn hilarious, it was cheaper than most though).

As an aside - what gets people talking more ? throwing abigail out right now as "just another SFV character" which is all Ed ended up being OR having a big ass trailer at EVO that possibly shows off not just Abigail but maybe Menat and Zeku all at the same time and BOOM , we're getting Abigail at the end of July along with a brand new stage never before seen , SF3 classic outfits for Alex and Ibuki and then August they throw out Menat and September gets Zeku. They outline all of this in a 5 minute deluxe trailer to keep people interested in the rest of 2017's content.

Obviously the major revamp at some point in the last few months got delayed into the rumored Super SFV so I can't see much else being put into this version of the game. I imagine even the arcade mode as well as the arcade version are just being sat on until that major update.

MrCarter

having separate teams has not stopped other companies from moving people around, both in east game companies as in west companies

and SFV must have a skeleton crew by now so even one guy moved over to fix Chun's face is a biggie

That's what worries me, even if we are to believe SFV team has reduced it seems they are still doing a far better job in terms of asset quality than a fully stocked team at MvCi.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I'm out of the loop. Was the next character supposed to be this month?

December, February, April, June.

April got delayed. Capcom explained that delay in great detail and probably think they can get away with saying nothing about the current delay. They're going to just let us assume that the whole release schedule got shifted.

It's lame and cowardly and they need to fucking say something.

Y'all wild, capcom osaka is pretty damn big.
SFV = osaka + dimps
MVCI = osaka.
With the size of the osaka studio, there really isn't a reason for one project to get in the way of another project, and with SFV being "done", it wouldn't be weird that most people that worked on SFV have been working on MVCI as well, for over a year.

kirblar

December, February, April, June.

April got delayed. Capcom explained that delay in great detail and probably think they can get away with saying nothing about the current delay. They're going to just let us assume that the whole release schedule got shifted.

It's lame and cowardly and they need to fucking say something.
You know how you deal with this?

OWN THE FUCKUP. It is not hard. The Japanese stiff upper lip shit is ridiculous.

ElFly

That's what worries me, even if we are to believe SFV team has reduced it seems they are still doing a far better job in terms of asset quality than a fully stocked team at MvCi.

it can be several things tho

-SFV is 1v1 so that's more geometry/textures for each SF character

-they may have prioritized the Marvel characters; not all of Marvel looks great, but most of the people who look good are Marvel. What does this mean? maybe Marvel got the best modellers, internal or outsourced

-the Capcom side seems to be heavily based on the UMvC3 version, so they probably grabbed the assets, told people to redo them for UE4 and that was it

Y'all wild, capcom osaka is pretty damn big.
SFV = osaka + dimps
MVCI = osaka.
With the size of the osaka studio, there really isn't a reason for one project to get in the way of another project, and with SFV being "done", it wouldn't be weird that most people that worked on SFV have been working on MVCI as well, for over a year.

size has nothing to do with it; Square regularly moves around people to release their latest game, so does Blizzard. if SFV has a few guys on it, working on DLC that may or may not be selling that well, the execs will do the math and move people around as needed

again, the most important thing is for MvC:I to not have SFV's reception. why would that take priority over who is working on which game. they are all fighting games! get over to the next office and start fixing Chun

Ofcourse size is an important factor, MVCI isn't FF15; comparing different studios with different scaled projects directly like that is dumb.

Sayad

SFV's art/animation seniors/directors are at Capcom, actual development, like modeling is either at dimps or outsources to someone else, getting Chun's face fixed isn't holding Abigail back. ;p

ElFly

Ofcourse size is an important factor, MVCI isn't FF15; comparing different studios with different scaled projects directly like that is dumb.

dunno what size has to do with it

if anything it is easier to move around smaller amounts of people around than bigger

dunno what size has to do with it

It's very important because you don't need 500 artists to make a fighting game, in fact more, unique content creators means the leads will have to go over more content to bring it all in line with the art directiion, because all of it is so in your face and obvious.
MVCI already has the majority of osaka studio developing for it, adding another 50 artists isn't going to do shit unless they are just making props/enviroments.

Oops, my bad.

MVC:i is being built by a different team though. Entire thing is probably outsourced instead of just a few pieces like with SFV (the ugliest stuff in the game was all outsourced AFAIK)

SFV stuff getting delayed is sadly nothing new to me now. Nothing ever comes out when it should with this game outside of costumes because people keep paying the absurd asking price for them. (Hell, even I bought that stupid redbull dance outfit for Chun because it's god damn hilarious, it was cheaper than most though).

As an aside - what gets people talking more ? throwing abigail out right now as "just another SFV character" which is all Ed ended up being OR having a big ass trailer at EVO that possibly shows off not just Abigail but maybe Menat and Zeku all at the same time and BOOM , we're getting Abigail at the end of July along with a brand new stage never before seen , SF3 classic outfits for Alex and Ibuki and then August they throw out Menat and September gets Zeku. They outline all of this in a 5 minute deluxe trailer to keep people interested in the rest of 2017's content.

Obviously the major revamp at some point in the last few months got delayed into the rumored Super SFV so I can't see much else being put into this version of the game. I imagine even the arcade mode as well as the arcade version are just being sat on until that major update.

They for sure aren't going to say shit about the Super edition, if there is one, at EVO. What they will do is probably what you mentioned. Just take the hits until EVO and drop a trailer on us.

The problem is, constant battering and ruined expectations only last so long with consumers. Waiting until a big reveal like this gets watered down when people are already pissed.

And, did they show anything last year? I honestly don't think they did.

Top Bottom