• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Farewell

Do you know you did the port forwarding correctly? Assigned static ip first etc etc. Trst the ports are open?

I think i just found the problem, the game doesnt let me download the latest ingame patch to 2.030 after the maintenance, it still shows 2.021 in the title screen and menu. Meh, will wait for capcom to fix this.

I posted it earlier in the thread but got no opinions. What do you guys think about this suggestion?

How about making V-Triggers have "0" startup? That way you can actually use it as a way to stop time for a second and react accordingly? You won't be able to V-reversal so if you're blocking, you gotta eat that pressure.

Obviously this wouldn't work for supers like Kolin, Rashid's and Ed's that are "moves" and not just installs.

I think i just found the problem, the game doesnt let me download the latest ingame patch to 2.030 after the maintenance, it still shows 2.021 in the title screen and menu. Meh, will wait for capcom to fix this.

That's a router problem, I think. Can you hook your PS4 to your router directly?

RM8

I have been trying to play Chun for some weeks, and I'm doing terribly. I also thought it was the fact that I've been very busy lately and when I do have time to play, I'm playing Tekken instead, lol. But I'm back to Juri and Dhalsim and things went back to normal :) I guess Chun was simply not meant for me... also I wonder if a big factor is that not many people know how to fight Juri and especially Sim. I get away with the most basic, "cheap" stuff with Sim, lol.

Also screw Zangief. He's literally never being fun to play against.

RM8

I mean on wakeup all he can do is guess, not like he can disrespect you with an EX DP. Personally I find Mika way more annoying to fight since she's more mobile than Gief.
Yeah, Mika sucks too. And I used to hate Hawk in SFIV... I generally don't enjoy grapplers, I guess, lol.

Yeah, Mika sucks too. And I used to hate Hawk in SFIV... I generally don't enjoy grapplers, I guess, lol.
Difference between the characters is Mika is a lot more forgiving for that nutty playstyle. If you don't know what you're doing with Gief, you will lose, lol.

Alex trips me up but that's more my unfamiliarity with the matchup.

FluxWaveZ

Difference between the characters is Mika is a lot more forgiving for that nutty playstyle. If you don't know what you're doing with Gief, you will lose, lol.

Well, I'm biased, but I disagree. This isn't season 1. If you play YOLO with a 950 health grappler like her, you're not going to have a good time.

Take her for a spin sometime.

Edzi

Well, I'm biased, but I disagree. This isn't season 1. If you play YOLO with a 950 health grappler like her, you're not going to have a good time.

Take her for a spin sometime.

It's incredibly different at the level you play online. At lower levels, you can absolutely get away with it.

FluxWaveZ

It's incredibly different at the level you play online. At lower levels, you can absolutely get away with it.

I was thinking of that as I wrote it. There's that, I guess. It's difficult for me to gauge the "scrub killer" qualities of a character now.

Village

Ucchedavāda;242158020 said:
The savannah stage (Solar Eclipse) is fantastic.

I would also like to see Morning Mist Bay in SFV. It's a really nice, minimalistic stage.

There is mod that combined the savanna and the dinosaur stage, to make it look like jurassic park.

Shit was tight, there were two of those actually, both of them were tight.

I never liked morning mist though, shit was boring, replaced with a mod

I want cosmic elevator

Teh Lurv

I have been trying to play Chun for some weeks, and I'm doing terribly. I also thought it was the fact that I've been very busy lately and when I do have time to play, I'm playing Tekken instead, lol. But I'm back to Juri and Dhalsim and things went back to normal :) I guess Chun was simply not meant for me... also I wonder if a big factor is that not many people know how to fight Juri and especially Sim. I get away with the most basic, "cheap" stuff with Sim, lol.

Also screw Zangief. He's literally never being fun to play against.

Heh, I've been playing Chun since Oct and I still have trouble with her. I can never seem to pull off combos involving SBKs in actual matches with 100% consistency. I thought about dropping her to back to my old main stand-by Ryu or another character, but I just don't have the time or inclination to relearn the ins-and-outs of another character from scratch.

Heh, I've been playing Chun since Oct and I still have trouble with her. I can never seem to pull off combos involving SBKs in actual matches with 100% consistency. I thought about dropping her to back to my old main stand-by Ryu or another character, but I just don't have the time or inclination to relearn the ins-and-outs of another character from scratch.
Play Cammy.

I was thinking of that as I wrote it. There's that, I guess. It's difficult for me to gauge the "scrub killer" qualities of a character now.
Bison, Balrog, Mika, Rashid, Cammy, even Sim is much harder online. I would say all are pretty good labeled scrub killer, but even intermediate and high level, these characters can be tough to react to, especially Rog and Bison.

Not to mention online meaties seem to be almost 50/50 even with what the game calls a "good" connection.

Huh. Sounds very odd. I hope it fixes itself soon.

You could try a reinstall if you are just going to wait anyway.

Yep, this game is really different depending on if you're playing at a low/medium/high level.
I saw a graph showing Bison has by far and away the most disproportionate win ratio below Silver, and it's not even close.

I know I personally lack familiarity with his frame data, I should probably study him and pick him up. 😏

Hey for those in Toronto which local is better to go to? A&C world or Toronto top tiers? Since it seems both are on Wednesday.

Toronto top tiers used to host SFV weeklies at A&C World but they've moved to Meltdown E-Sports Bar.

A&C World was the venue, TTT is the group (Russell the gawd) running the events

Shadoken

Don't listen to these crazy people, 900 health is its own struggle.

Play necalli.

If your gonna die in two hits anyway , why does it matter if you are 900 health or 1000 health ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I guess health would matter if people played neutral game more since you cant afford to take to many hits , but lol neutral in SFV.

5miles apart from my friend, massive rollback both of us checked for packet loss everything is fine but rollback is crazy, just a sign don't fucking play today...

If your gonna die in two hits anyway , why does it matter if you are 900 health or 1000 health ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I guess health would matter if people played neutral game more since you cant afford to take to many hits , but lol neutral in SFV.

Nah it's pretty tangible, that combo that normally doesn't stun or kill means cammy does get stunned or killed; leaving ppl alive is pretty dangerous in this game, especially when you're both at low health.

What is the best means to deal with Akuma's raging demon CA? I've met a few players online who sit back and avoid my Birdie, then just get in to range and bam... I'm done. It's caught me out more than I'd care to admit. =/

What is the best means to deal with Akuma's raging demon CA? I've met a few players online who sit back and avoid my Birdie, then just get in to range and bam... I'm done. It's caught me out more than I'd care to admit. =/
If done point blank, it's unavoidable unless you were already holding up. Otherwise you just hold up if it's even a little bit away from you.

Also play more Yakuza 0 bro.

Knocking off Rog's health was a blessing in disguise. Like, it's not the nerf I wanted for him, but it's still decent, because you can straight up clean that sucker up before he gets shit started. One good metered combo after he gets V-Trigger and that asshole is done.

Still should get nerfs but you know

Top Bottom