• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Thaiger Uppercut has been a historically small tournament if memory serves me right. I think they've always had around 100 players(give or take) only for USF4 and now SFV. So when many top players come for the points, it's no surprise you have several big names in the same pool.

Watched Daigo Vs Bonchan at Thaiger Upper

"I mained Nash myself and he's coming back in this game."

This is the second time I've seen Bonchan loose to Daigo Washed Up Umehara

More acting like miniscule reverts will somehow puts them higher in the list annoys me.
Bruh, Serious question. Why do you keep playing this game and following it if you don't like it?

Why do you keep following players if you think that they're trash?

If you don't like something, step away from it. If someone gave you a burger and it tasted like shit, you wouldn't just keep eating it just cause. You would put it down and try to get something else to eat.

More acting like miniscule reverts will somehow puts them higher in the list annoys me.

Nash is still Low Mid Tier. Nobody is arguing that. He's a struggle character and is made for people who are godly with their reactions and spacing. Punk, too, uses him fairly well (although not nearly as well as Bon). But Bonchan is proving that it's doable. He's not FANG. He's not Alex. He's not Juri. You will struggle but you can win stuff with him. Welcome to fighting games.

Still,I don't see how that has to do with two things: 1.) Daigo's match with Bonchan recently and 2.) why the fuck you are still getting mad about SFV when you supposedly don't even play it.

Would someone explain to me how costumes are handled in this game, are they added for free through patches and stay forever or are they time exclusive or I don't know. I don't seem to understand this. Please enlighten me.

Bruh, Serious question. Why do you keep playing this game and following it if you don't like it?

Why do you keep following players if you think that they're trash?

If you don't like something, step away from it. If someone gave you a burger and it tasted like shit, you wouldn't just keep eating it just cause. You would put it down and try to get something else to eat.

What? I haven't trash Bonchan or Daigo (Everyone else is saying he's washed up). His Guile shows how offensive and defensive he can be.

And I don't hate SFV I've said this from the beginning. I said how I hate Capcom is handling the game.

Blueblur1

Would someone explain to me how costumes are handled in this game, are they added for free through patches and stay forever or are they time exclusive or I don't know. I don't seem to understand this. Please enlighten me.

They're added through patches and cost real money. But the CPT 2016 costumes (& bundle), Halloween costumes, and Christmas costumes (& bundle) were timed exclusives. (Same goes for the 2017 CPT costumes & bundle).

Sayad

Few costumes are time based I think(Halloween, CPT, Christmas, etc), but of course if you buy them during the event you keep them forever, only costumes you can buy with in game money though are the story costumes. Most costumes are available forever once they're release... Available for you buy them that is.

Also unlike most DLCs, anything you buy only shows up on the account you bought it from.

stn

You unlock story mode costumes every time you beat each character's story (usually takes a few minutes per character). Then, you have to purchase the unlocked costume for 40,000 FM. Otherwise, there are premium costumes which can only be unlocked with real money. Currently, all of the season one premium costumes can be purchased as part of one bundle.

Also, there was a CPT bundle released last year that contained special costumes for Necalli, Chun-Li, and Cammy - it is no longer available. There is currently a more recent CPT bundle released that contains costumes for Ken, Ryu, and eventually Guile. It is also on sale for a limited time, I don't recall how much longer it will be available for.

EDIT: Yeah, there are a bunch of costumes that were sold for a limited time. You can no longer buy them.

What? I haven't trash Bonchan or Daigo (Everyone else is saying he's washed up). His Guile shows how offensive and defensive he can be.

And I don't hate SFV I've said this from the beginning. I said how I hate Capcom is handling the game.

source.gif

Sorry, I lost interest playing SFV after the CFN "update". I even thought of starting fresh with a different character to spark my interest again but couldn't bring myself to play this game again.

t5QjRZO.gif

Halloween and Christmas will probably be available again this year, for CPT stuff, they already revealed different costumes from last year's CPT costumes, they may never be available again.

When is the halloween stuff usually going online and how long will it be available to buy?

Also: Was there ever a Karin Halloween costume yet? If not, is it likely to drop this halloween?

Lulubop

All you do is complain, don't you get tired of It? I know we do.

Blueblur1

Halloween and Christmas will probably be available again this year, for CPT stuff, they already revealed different costumes from last year's CPT costumes, they may never be available again.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Halloween and Christmas costumes return this year. I expect the CPT ones will probably return much further down the line as a separate bundle; like maybe a couple years.

When is the halloween stuff usually going online and how long will it be available to buy?

Also: Was there ever a Karin Halloween costume yet? If not, is it likely to drop this halloween?

The Halloween costumes went up in October. They were available for about 5 weeks IIRC. There wasn't a Karin costume.

Here's the blog post.

We have no way of knowing what costumes we'll get this year.

I'd imagine once we're closer to Halloween. Other than that, I don't have any info, sorry.

No, Karin didn't get a Halloween costume. She might get one this year but we have no way of knowing. She is a female character so chances are high. Only thing we know for sure is that FANG and Birdie aren't getting a new costume anytime soon.

Daigo will always beat Bonchan. He is Bonchan's demon. He even made Bonchan cry in USF4. That's how badly Bonchan loses to Daigo.

sixc4sA.gif

Currently, all of the season one premium costumes can be purchased as part of one bundle.

No the bundle is just the battle costumes, you don't get other costumes like the swimsuits.
And it's also only for the default 16 characters, not the 6 extra 2016 characters.

I'm going to defend zombegoast here and say that "washed up" is in implied quotation marks. People call Daigo washed up all the time (either seriously or in jest) and that's why ZG said it here.

Fair point.

Dude still whines about a game he supposedly stopped playing after he tried to call Flux out tho.

Edzi

Guys, just put zombegoast on your ignore list and stop replying to him. He clearly gets off on posting in a thread where nobody likes him.

Would like an honest answer.

I'm trying getting into fighting games now.

I started now fully with Injustice 2 but I have played SFV before against someone locally and I enjoyed the battles much more, my favorite was Karin.

Now, I mainly play singleplayer and Injustice 2 has huge amount of content for singleplayer.
Is SFV good for singleplayer too?

I started now fully with Injustice 2 but I have played SFV before against someone locally and I enjoyed the battles much more, my favorite was Karin.

Now, I mainly play singleplayer and Injustice 2 has huge amount of content for singleplayer.

In terms of single player, you have:

Survival Mode.
General Story mode (worth playing once)
Character Story mode
Character Trials

In terms of FUN single player, you have:

Character Trials (if you're into that thing)

The game is pretty barebones in terms of single player content and it's the biggest complaint that a lot of the casual crowd has had about this game.

Not really? INJ has some of the best single player content around. SFV has Story Mode, very quick fights in the form of Character Stories, a very terrible Survival Mode, VS CPU (not arcade, just straight VS CPU), Trials, and that's about it. If you just wanna focus on fighting the CPU, I mean, have at it, but INJ has loot boxes/unlocks and tons of gear. You can earn Fight Money in SFV, but most of that stops once you've done all the single player stuff. Eventually, you'll have to go online to earn all of it (or buy it with real money but you know).

I'd wait until they release some arcade mode or something like what INJ has. If you really like the fighting, buy SFV on the cheap, go through it, and shelf it until they add more.

Producer

Nope. Its either local 2p or online play. But injustice is ass

In terms of single player, you have:

Survival Mode.
Character Story mode
Character Trials

In terms of FUN single player, you have:

Character Trials (if you're into that thing)

The game is pretty barebones in terms of single player content and it's the biggest complaint that a lot of the casual crowd has had about this game.

Can you explain what Character Trials is?

Is Survival Mode, where you battle one after the other until you get wrecked? If yes, then that's certainly something I would appreciate.

Not really? INJ has some of the best single player content around. SFV has Story Mode, very quick fights in the form of Character Stories, a very terrible Survival Mode, VS CPU (not arcade, just straight VS CPU), Trials, and that's about it. If you just wanna focus on fighting the CPU, I mean, have at it, but INJ has loot boxes/unlocks and tons of gear. You can earn Fight Money in SFV, but most of that stops once you've done all the single player stuff. Eventually, you'll have to go online to earn all of it (or buy it with real money but you know).

I'd wait until they release some arcade mode or something like what INJ has. If you really like the fighting, buy SFV on the cheap, go through it, and shelf it until they add more.

How likely is it that they add new modes?

Can you explain what Character Trials is?

Is Survival Mode, where you battle one after the other until you get wrecked? If yes, then that's certainly something I would appreciate.

How likely is it that they add new modes?

Character Trials is just "combo execution". You're given a combo to execute and you do it. Not really something you can replay.

Survival Mode SOUNDS fun but the AI is just straight up busted. It lasts TOO long and the spike in difficulty around the 25-match mark for Normal and Hard is horrendous.

The likelihood of them adding new single player modes is well....... They might add arcade mode in the near future but other than that, don't expect anything.

Character Trials is just "combo execution". You're given a combo to execute and you do it. Not really something you can replay.

Survival Mode SOUNDS fun but the AI is just straight up busted. It lasts TOO long and the spike in difficulty around the 25-match mark for Normal and Hard is horrendous.

The likelihood of them adding new single player modes is well....... They might add arcade mode in the near future but other than that, don't expect anything.

Hmm. Doesn't sound so good. I may stick with Injustice 2 for now and pick this one up once the 2017 deluxe edition comes on sale on psn store. Hopefully there's a summer sale soon.

Guys, just put zombegoast on your ignore list and stop replying to him. He clearly gets off on posting in a thread where nobody likes him.

I don't get it though.

Dude will talk normally but then go off the deep end like every other day.

I prefer Broly, because that dude didn't put any work into his trolling and it was funny because of that. And at least TLD posts stuff about the game and is able to hold a real conversation. ZG is just as mystical as his internet.

Blueblur1

Hmm. Doesn't sound so good. I may stick with Injustice 2 for now and pick this one up once the 2017 deluxe edition comes on sale on psn store. Hopefully there's a summer sale soon.

Yeah, that's probably the best choice. I wouldn't recommend SFV to anyone unless they were already a hardcore SF fan and they already prefer specific things about how SF plays over other fighting games.

stn

SF5 has garbage single-player content. The main story is okay but not worth playing more than once, and the trials are what you'd expect. The character stories are just some shitty art work with very bare story elements. The survival mode is absolute shit, its probably the worst mode I've seen in a fighting game in a while. You play a gauntlet of matches against A.I. that is either very dumb OR capable of countering everything you do flawlessly. Its more likely you'll beat the mode because you found some exploit rather than because you're skilled. Do not buy SFV just for single-player.

The single-player of Injustice 2 cannot even be compared. The story provided is much better even if beating it once is enough. However, where the game shines is in the constant loot drops. Although there are certain missions that mimic the bullshit found in SFV survival, you can still earn great rewards even for easy stuff. You don't have to sit through endless frustration. The comparison is not even remotely worthy.

Zackat

If you are interested just in single player content I would give SFV a pass unless you can get it for really cheap. I would say you should go and play MKX for more single player fighting.

Blueblur1

SF5 has garbage single-player content. The main story is okay but not worth playing more than once, and the trials are what you'd expect. The character stories are just some shitty art work with very bare story elements. The survival mode is absolute shit, its probably the worst mode I've seen in a fighting game in a while. You play a gauntlet of matches against A.I. that is either very dumb OR capable of countering everything you do flawlessly. Its more likely you'll beat the mode because you found some exploit rather than because you're skilled. Do not buy SFV just for single-player.

The single-player of Injustice 2 cannot even be compared. The story provided is much better even if beating it once is enough. However, where the game shines is in the constant loot drops. Although there are certain missions that mimic the bullshit found in SFV survival, you can still earn great rewards even for easy stuff. You don't have to sit through endless frustration. The comparison is not even remotely worthy.

Yep. Survival barely comes up in conversation nowadays but whenever it does I say the same thing: Capcom deserves more shit for Survival Mode so preach on. Quite honestly, being one of SFV's few single player modes and should've been overhauled in *2016*. Total garbage fire mode.

Top Bottom