• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Lulubop

https://twitter.com/S_FighterLegacy/status/880964550929108992

DDnQjuIXYAI0SbZ.jpg

kolin lookin good

Remember when Alex was the main character of a whole numbered series? Me either.

RIP Alex, also RIP Abigail.

I guess Ed and Mika aren't Street fighter anymore

tumblr_osfr5mwOZ61usrgjso1_540.jpg

Lol no shit David. A game that comes out fresh is gonna have a shit ton of people willing to try it out and drown in pools, even more so when EVOs fee was cheaper back then. Nobody wants to fork over more money to lose unless you are committed to the game.

Not gonna deny the game ain't putting people off though, but numbers need context.

mbpm1

Lol no shit David. A game that comes out fresh is gonna have a shit ton of people willing to try it out and drown in pools, even more so when EVOs fee was cheaper back then. Nobody wants to fork over more money to lose unless you are committed to the game.

Not gonna deny the game ain't putting people off though, but numbers need context.

He said evo, not sfv.

defensive much lol

He said evo, not sfv.

defensive much lol
I'm turning into The Lone Dragon.

But same still applies to other games. Shit is expensive for all games. Last year you could enter a bunch and just fuck around but this years prices are crazy.

Glad Tekken weathered the storm and got big boy numbers. The one game I'm worried about is KOF. Woof.

Necalli is still portrayed like some secret behind the scenes figurehead, when really his story is trivial. =/

I posted this long ago, but Necaili's problem was that he never got to showcase his full potential. He was a). nerfed by consuming that one dude, and b). needed the three dudes to reach his full power. He never got to eat anyone of consequence. He still did fairly well against the cast, all things considered, but his role was awful still. Hope they use him, but I think Akuma kills him though.

The mother fucking truth. No opportunity to hate on SFV wasted.

To be fair the original tweet was about EVO as a whole but I jumped on it because I saw people using numbers to spite SFV.

The fact that people are willing to put up any sort of money for a game they hate is crazy town. Much less one that increased in fucking price. God damn EVO can we have this at a community center next year? Shit.

mbpm1

I brought it up because even melee and smash went down like 50% and everything else also dropped.

i expected SFV to go down (I heard 1,000 entrants last year were no shows which is just ridiculous so of course there would be less here) but the other stuff I did not anticipate.

I brought it up because even melee and smash went down like 50% and everything else also dropped.

i expected SFV to go down (I heard 1,000 entrants last year were no shows which is just ridiculous so of course there would be less here) but the other stuff I did not anticipate.

Hope you didn't think I was casing on you. But yeah, prices matter across the board. Injustice 2 should have seen more people since it just came out though. That's some bullshit.

Blueblur1

The $20 early bird price from last year coupled with the easy evo.shoryuken.com registration is probably what lead to huge registration numbers. For the first two weeks anyone was able to blow $20 on registration before it jumped to $60. This year the $55 early bird price was along with Smash.gg registration was probably prohibitive enough.

Plus any newbies that were burned by Year 1 of SFV are probably gone and might never come back.

In regards to no-shows, I've seen 30% thrown around. If 30% is the accurate number that means roughly 1,500 no-shows.

mbpm1

That's some good art but these facial expressions are interesting

FANG has a very serene expression
Chun-Li is super angry
Ryu looks bored as fuck
Karin has got fuck me eyes on Juri
While Juris mouth has be surgically relocated to her left cheek
And Akuma......

Akuma is just like....

latest

I hope Kolin looks at me that way like she does there someday

Top Bottom