• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Teh Lurv

Hmm. Doesn't sound so good. I may stick with Injustice 2 for now and pick this one up once the 2017 deluxe edition comes on sale on psn store. Hopefully there's a summer sale soon.

I doubt SFV will ever have the SP-content people are looking for. We might someday get an Arcade mode or 2nd story (maybe bundled with Super SFV), but I doubt we'll get anywhere close to the amount of SP content/mini-games NRS puts into their games.

Unless you like fighting other people regularly online or locally, there really isn't a reason to own this game.

MrCarter

Thanks guys!Probably not gonna get any asian sweets but Goddamn it I am gonna have ice cream even if it kills me (hopefully it won't). Last time I had any ice cream was like 4 months ago.

Where you live I'm not surprised ya'll don't have a mini fridge stuck to you wherever you go.

Neoxon

I doubt SFV will ever have the SP-content people are looking for. We might someday get an Arcade mode or 2nd story (maybe bundled with Super SFV), but I doubt we'll get anywhere close to the amount of SP content/mini-games NRS puts into their games.

Unless you like fighting other people regularly online or locally, there really isn't a reason to own this game.
I mean, there's Extra Battle on the way & the rumored Illuminati PvE mode.

lactose intolerant?
Nah, it's just been a really really really really really long time.

Plus both my sister and brother will be married by the end of the year so I've been trying not to gain weight for the sake of the events.

Where you live I'm not surprised ya'll don't have a mini fridge stuck to you wherever you go.
I swear lol. Though it's been raining lightly for the past 3 days so the weather's been downright pleasant. Much needed respite from the freaking 39-40 degrees Celsius coupled with over 70% humidity that we were getting the past week.
I mean, there's Extra Battle on the way & the rumored Illuminati PvE mode.

Bro.

Extra Battle was announced before the game came out.

That's not coming any time soon.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Hey, I share a birthday with Larry David, that's cool.

Now to wait and see who picks up on this.

Happy Birthday, my She-Hulk fella! :D

vKiIGdu.jpg

Ryce

Are this week's challenges up yet? I'm out of town and don't want to set my PS4 up unless I can get some quick FM.

peter0611

I don't get it though.

Dude will talk normally but then go off the deep end like every other day.

I prefer Broly, because that dude didn't put any work into his trolling and it was funny because of that. And at least TLD posts stuff about the game and is able to hold a real conversation. ZG is just as mystical as his internet.
I at least admire his thick skin lack. I couldn't stand getting roasted by nearly everyone in this damn thread. My IDGAF meter ain't that high yet and I still experience shame.

Blueblur1

Mena was the Dominican Birdie player mean-mugging Punk in their match at CEO?

Yeah, that's him.

Edit: I looked up a video of that match and I forgot that was the match I was watching with a head TO off on the side of the stage. Just saw myself in a video and remembered.

MrCarter

I hope there's a SSFV announcement at evo. SFV has fallen off the radar almost completely..

Off the radar but still the most popular FG game?

🤔

I hope there is a SSFV announcement soon too but not because of the reason above, but because I want new modes and a refreshed UI.

Asd202

I hope there's a SSFV announcement at evo. SFV has fallen off the radar almost completely..

Now it's too soon. It's still a middle of season 2 and Capcom is also releasing Marvel in 3 months. Any such type of annoucement won't come sooner than maybe PSX in December.

Village

Off the radar but still the most popular FG game?

On what planet, in any regard.

In regards to fight games, most people aren't paying attention to it and are playing tekken and injustice.

I don't know about " falling off the radar" Street fighter is being shat, on along with MvCI, too much to be off the radar , but its definitely being obscured by people having options they enjoy

MrCarter

On what planet, in any regard.

In regards to fight games, most people aren't paying attention to it and are playing tekken and injustice.

I don't know about " falling off the radar" Street fighter is being shat, on along with MvCI, too much to be off the radar , but its definitely being obscured by people having options they enjoy

Let's not be disingenuous here. I would never pretend SFV doesn't have issues but after a year of negativity due to no casual content it still manages to have more entrants than Injustice 2, GG, BB and KOF put together at EVO. I think it's fine in the competitive landscape, but like I said, I would love the game to have a SSFV update that has more robust modes and a new dynamic UI.

I saw this earlier. Karin lookin good.

Village

Let's not be disingenuous here. I would never pretend SFV doesn't have issues but after a year of negativity due to no casual content it still manages to have more entrants than Injustice 2, GG, BB and KOF put together at EVO. I think it's fine in the competitive landscape, but like I said, I would love the game to have a SSFV update that has more robust modes and a new dynamic UI.

I'm not. That just means that some people are competitive in it. It is by no means the most popular fighting game. By any metric besides there are a very small minority of people, the FGC who care to be competitive in it. And that doesn't really mean much.

So again, on what planet? because on earth, both casual and competitive audience is playing other games, and shitting on sfv.

I don't hate street fighter, i'm literally playing it right now. But i'm not going to ignore the situation that exists. And i'm not going to pretend a very nieche competitive community as proven by SFV's sales means anything to the potential broader demo for fighting games.

MrCarter

I'm not. That just means that some people are competitive in it. It is by no means the most popular fighting game. By any metric besides there are a very small minority of people, the FGC who care to be competitive in it. And that doesn't really mean much.

So again, on what planet? because on earth, both casual and competitive audience is playing other games, and shitting on sfv.

I don't hate street fighter, i'm literally playing it right now. But i'm not going to ignore the situation that exists. And i'm not going to pretend a very nieche competitive community as proven by SFV's sales means anything to the potential broader demo for fighting games.

Again you are being disingenuous because like you say, the FGC is just a minority group of people so even if some of them do shit on the game it doesn't mean everyone does right? Unless you know everyone on planet earth of course. The most ironic thing about it all is that SFV is still the most played and watched game in tournies and the player numbers on Steam/PS4 are consistent too, hence why I said it hasn't "fallen off the radar". Of course, the game still has issues but popularity isn't one of them, the main issues I want them to fix is having more casual modes, netcode and UX issues.

Ucchedavāda;242365776 said:
You're a F.A.N.G main. Could you be any other age?

2? lol

Top Bottom