• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

MrCarter

Bless her lol

lShitting on capcom is now the FGC's #1 pastime (with arguing about waifus at #2 and playing fighting games at #3)

Now? I thought it always was and the irony is they still continue play and watch it lol. Everytime I go on YouTube, Reddit or EventScrubs you see the same people with no life constantly bicker and argue but I'm thinking "Go play another game" - nothing is worth wasting time over something you don't allegedly like.

I think Chun's face is so beautiful I will be putting it in luce's avatars for the rest of time
And that's why I luv ya!

Btw, here's the full image should you ever need it. For reference or something.
Unbenannt-2.png

Devid905

Now it's too soon. It's still a middle of season 2 and Capcom is also releasing Marvel in 3 months. Any such type of annoucement won't come sooner than maybe PSX in December.
I think they will announce Super SFV at their Street Fighter EVO panel, and the team will further discuss what their plans are for the expansion.

I remember when USF4 was announced at EVO 2013, and the final update wasn't available until May 2014. A 10-month wait.

Zackat

I think they will announce Super SFV at their Street Fighter EVO panel, and the team will further discuss what their plans are for the expansion.

I remember when USF4 was announced at EVO 2013, and the final update wasn't available until May 2014. A 10-month wait.

they aren't gonna announce a full free expansion/rebrand to their game at an EVO panel that probably won't even be aired live

though that would be pretty Capcpom so you might be on to something

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
They could do that if they have a trailer and media blast ready, but I feel like we would've heard something about it by now.

Gamescom and TGS are still coming up, who knows.

Kashiwaba

Something wrong with servers? Got 3 connection with opponent lost back to back before the start of the match :( sux I was finally getting back in shape and cleaning all the rust.

Justin won with Ed?

He said his defensive style works well with the character.

Damn maybe that character will get some work.

And lol Punk is picking up another character in Bison maybe. Or maybe that was a joke. I don't know.

FluxWaveZ

I really want to see Top 100 stats like this kept current. It's bad enough Capcom doesn't do it themselves, but they can't even let third parties do it either. That kind of information is valuable.

It's the closest thing to an objective tier list and match-up list.

Who cares about what the other companies do? I'm talking about what V-League provided, and what they can no longer update because they were banned by Capcom. The website stats are unhelpful compared to the top 100 ones.

I did the "tweet to Ono-san" thing.

I enjoyed what V-League provided. I hope they can get this squared away soon.

Sayad

What other FG companies do it besides Capcom?

Capcom at the very least provides monthly stats on their site:
http://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/stats
Why would it matter if anyone else is doing it?!

GGXrd does display those stats in the arcade version, though console ranked is busted and collecting such data from lobby games would be useless... In Xrd SIGN Millia was always bottom of the barrel in those lists, despite being unquestionably top 2 at the time!

Justin won with Ed?

And lol Punk is picking up another character in Bison maybe. Or maybe that was a joke. I don't know.

Interesting. On the other hand, Infil doesn't like him. He's also a defensive player, but one more based on runaway movement.

mbpm1

Justin won with Ed?

Defensive style is the only one that works with him, so it makes sense.

I always saw Inflil as a keepaway dude more than defensive. But I thought he liked Ed? He had a stream with him real recently.

Ed's a really cool concept. The characters take forever to come out but man, when they do they are pretty damn good. I hope Abigail is like that.

mbpm1

I always saw Inflil as a keepaway dude more than defensive. But I thought he liked Ed? He had a stream with him real recently.

Ed's a really cool concept. The characters take forever to come out but man, when they do they are pretty damn good. I hope Abigail is like that.
Did we know for sure it was abigail?

Sayad

Don't think we can take any release date rumors about Capcom seriously any way, like, if they were actually sure about a release date they'd announce it right away.

mbpm1

Did they show anything at EVO before? When would they do it? During a panel or something?

They could probably do it just after top 8

I have no idea if they will do anything

or release any info on abigail at all until somehow something is leaked like ed

Just with the whole ESPN thing I'd figure they'd have to do it before Top 8 and shit. Like the ceremony is going to happen and I doubt they'll want to play a trailer for the people on stage/watching. Or maybe they will. I don't know with Capcom.

Blueblur1

Did they show anything at EVO before? When would they do it? During a panel or something?

I've been to the last three Evos but I only remember there being a panel in 2015 and 2016. They really didn't reveal anything major at the 2015 panel. (That's the one with the famous PowerPoint slide on buffing weak characters instead of nerfing strong characters.)

In the 2016 panel they talked about SFV data such as the top 5 purchased costumes (Ken's story costume was #1), most used characters online, etc. It was just a couple of Top 5 lists really. And then they showed the Alex and Ibuki costumes alongside the Bison stage and ended on the CPT DLC. There was a Q&A session at the end but it was mostly pointless questions. I think the same or similar Latin America CPT question was answered twice. I didn't get to ask my question unfortunately; I planned to suggest a whole bunch of stuff.

Anyway, I don't think they've used Evo to announce or reveal anything major during the SFV era. I even recall Evo 2014 ending with Ono asking for shoryuken photo and saying they had nothing to announce at that time. So I would set expectations to absolute ZERO.

Edit: If you check LI Joe's twitter (use the search to go back to that timeframe) you can see all the slides from the 2015 panel.

Top Bottom