• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

I don't want to speak too soon or jinx myself but after playing with a few "charitable" higher ranked people here, randoms online and studying a few Bonchan videos, I think I'm finally starting to get SFV. Something is clicking, maybe just a little more than it did before.

Maybe I'm wrong but aggression seems to be key but not only should you be aggressive but you need to know how aggressive and when. Even when on defense, you should be aggressive and you shouldn't be in defense for long. This is what I'm picking up. Am I wrong on this?

Edzi

I don't want to speak too soon or jinx myself but after playing with a few "charitable" higher ranked people here, randoms online and studying a few Bonchan videos, I think I'm finally starting to get SFV. Something is clicking, maybe just a little more than it did before.

Maybe I'm wrong but aggression seems to be key but not only should you be aggressive but you need to know how aggressive and when. Even when on defense, you should be aggressive and you shouldn't be in defense for long. This is what I'm picking up. Am I wrong on this?

It took you almost 2 years to realize this game was about offense/aggression? Have your just been ignoring all the posts here and elsewhere on the internet?

Gotta agree with Edzi here lol.

Everybody on this thread, and on the internet in general has been saying that this game is way too offense heavy.
You are the devil.
Then what am I? There can't be 2 devils.

mr-satan-dragon-ball-kai-30.6.jpg

It took you almost 2 years to realize this game was about offense/aggression? Have your just been ignoring all the posts here and elsewhere on the internet?

Gotta agree with Edzi here lol.

Everybody on this thread, and on the internet in general has been saying that this game is way too offense heavy.
Then what am I? There can't be 2 devils.
I knew I would get this response and I hear you. I knew it was more advantageous to be aggressive, I just didn't understand how to put that into practice. Now that I have been forced to put it into practice from long sets with higher ranked individuals and taken out of my comfort zone of being neutral/defensive, I "fully" understand how and why wakeup, for instance is so important.

And yeah, I'm kind of dense as well.

I mean, up until now, 80% of the time if I get a knock down, I'd dash backwards and start throwing booms. What was I thinking? Frame trap game was garbage (working on it) and would back off if my attacks were blocked. Only attacked if I thought it would hit, just a mess.

joe2187

Banned
Hey yeah.

If Tekken 7 gets Akuma as single titular character than SFV should do the same

and give us the character that represents Tekken 7....

Lucky Chloe!

King...bring King to SFV

Village

Hey yeah.

If Tekken 7 gets Akuma as single titular character than SFV should do the same

and give us the character that represents Tekken 7....

Lucky Chloe!

King...bring King to SFV

King is legit the only guess character I want from tekken that isn't kazuya or Jin.

Like I would throw characters I want out of a window to get any of those 3.

Yo, and he better have the fucking dumb suspenders costume with the tiger mask

Producer

how are cammy players doing instant ex divekick? currently im doing 2149 + KK but im pretty inconsistent. Any other methods? or do i just need to git gud

First choice = King

Second choice = Kazumi (because tiger uppercut)

Third choice = Marduk (because he was fun AF in SFxT)

Fourth choice = Lili (so that Karin has some competition)

Village

First choice = King

Second choice = Kazumi (because tiger uppercut)

Third choice = Marduk (because he was fun AF in SFxT)

Fourth choice = Lili (so that Karin has some competition)

Not choosing a satan so you can play as a dope satan in SFV

These are the choices that lead you to fang, the bad choices.

joe2187

Banned
King is legit the only guess character I want from tekken that isn't kazuya or Jin.

Like I would throw characters I want out of a window to get any of those 3.

Yo, and he better have the fucking dumb suspenders costume with the tiger mask

If you look at combos for King in SFxT you can see that Capcom reused some of his moves for Alex and Mika in SFV. Same J.HK that Mika has, He even has Alex's V skill as his charge move animation, Alex's shoulder tackle, Even the flying Cross chop, Mikas Peach gator stunner as a command grab, (although that last one King as always had as well)

But I could go for King in SFV...with A Death Cradle CA and cobra clutch V Skill.

Village

If you look at combos for King in SFxT you can see that Capcom reused some of his moves for Alex and Mika in SFV. Same J.HK that Mika has, He even has Alex's V skill as his charge move animation, Alex's shoulder tackle, Even the flying Cross chop, Mikas Peach gator stunner as a command grab, (although that last one King as always had as well)

But I could go for King in SFV...with A Death Cradle CA and cobra clutch V Skill.

I can see that, I mean they have takken inspiration from tekken stuff before, its how we got rufus and and rashid

I'll take this costume for alex though

caXrkkf.png

Yes please. I liked he way he played in SFxT. Bring my girl Lili too.

( They should make another SFxT but with better design in terms of damage and such )

i've had more fun playing USF4 in the past week than I have playing V in a long time

except when seth is on screen but I'd rather play against seth than necalli tbh
Says the Laura player lol, Necalli is buff I agree but he has to play more footsie play than Laura. Just don't know why he has a friggin command throw, makes no sense I say!

...but I'm glad you're having fun

Next thing you know, Mika players are going to talk about defensive options lol 😂

all you gotta do is outplay necalli

they basically ported seth into SFV except with 1000 health

you can miss me with that tbh

Says the Laura player lol, Necalli is buff I agree but he has to play more footsie play than Laura. Just don't know why he has a friggin command throw, makes no sense I say!

...but I'm glad you're having fun

Next thing you know, Mika players are going to talk about defensive options lol ��

Laura is good/cheap yes.

What Necalli has that Laura doesn't:

2 3f jabs
a 3f jab that goes directly into a medium when VT cancelled even when it's not counter hit - this is really really stupid
a DP
best AA jab in the game that's basically a fuckin umbrella
a command throw that makes his AA jab follow up of a 50/50 even better
great jump in normals that can be hard to AA
a dive kick just in case you get used to the timing of anti airing him regularly because AA'ing was too easy in this game
every heavy button is a crush counter
overhead that's -6 but yet the safest because he moonwalks backwards afterwards making him safe unless you have a forward moving special or a far reach 6f or less normal which most chars don't have
his oki game in VT is constant 50/50 pressure of just prayers
counter poke game in VT is unmatched by the rest of the cast
his VT CA leaves him in a position for another 50/50 just in case that 60% damage from his CA didn't kill you already
one of the best VSkill's in the game that can negate the fireball game of some characters that rely on it

I think that's it

Village

Tekken characters were fun to play in 2d, the game around them... maybe not so much. But I like how they felt, wish SFxT wasn't a complete and utter failure and probably wont happen again

they basically ported seth into SFV except with 1000 health

you can miss me with that tbh

Laura is good/cheap yes.

What Necalli has that Laura doesn't:

2 3f jabs
a 3f jab that goes directly into a medium when VT cancelled even when it's not counter hit - this is really really stupid
a DP
best AA jab in the game that's basically a fuckin umbrella
a command throw that makes his AA jab follow up of a 50/50 even better
great jump in normals that can be hard to AA
a dive kick just in case you get used to the timing of anti airing him regularly because AA'ing was too easy in this game
every heavy button is a crush counter
overhead that's -6 but yet the safest because he moonwalks backwards afterwards making him safe unless you have a forward moving special or a far reach 6f or less normal which most chars don't have
his oki game in VT is constant 50/50 pressure of just prayers
counter poke game in VT is unmatched by the rest of the cast
his VT CA leaves him in a position for another 50/50 just in case that 60% damage from his CA didn't kill you already
one of the best VSkill's in the game that can negate the fireball game of some characters that rely on it

I think that's it
i feel you. Necalli is pretty crazy, I really don't understand why he has like no weaknesses, him and Karin have basically not been touched since S1. Just weird, Cammy too, just buff buff buff em away

Village

I guess if dash up throw never loses it's luster for you then Necalli would certainly be fun.

I legit never do that, well almost never

You can actually play necalli different ways, that's why I like playing it. It seems as though that's why I like playing most of the characters I like to play in sfv, play variety

Top Bottom