• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

They could probably do it just after top 8

I have no idea if they will do anything

or release any info on abigail at all until somehow something is leaked like ed

That's what sucks. We're not even asking for the damn character. We're just asking for a trailer man.

I haven't gone to a tournament in a while and was thinking about going to Dreamhack Atlanta. Although it's not part of the CPT I found out it has a 5k bonus for SFV which is pretty nice. But then I looked at the attendance and see that only 19 people have registered so far lol. Out of all the attendees, the only name I recognize is Punk. It'd be nice to get a chance to play him even though I'd get bodied hard. But man, does nobody else want to go and try to get that money?

How about the locals? I moved to Lawrenceville(about 30 minutes from ATL) 4 months ago and have no idea what the scene is like here but I thought ATL had a pretty decent size scene. Would be disappointing if such a big cash prize with the best player in the world in attendance only had 50 people or less.

LATE EDIT: Just found out SFV is $20 on Steam. I'm finally read to buy the PC version after all this time. Can't wait to see how much better this runs on my PC.

Install the fast loading mod immediately and question all your former life decisions.

I'll look into that. My PC is no beast, it's just a 1050 ti, i5 6500, and 8GB DDR4 RAM but it's still a pretty decent improvement over the OG PS4 that SFV was made to run on(since there is no Pro patch yet or maybe ever). And I also have it installed on a SSD on top of that if it helps at all to improve load times. I already bought both season passes for my PS4 and don't want to do the same for PC. Since I pretty much only play Ryu I'll probably just buy a few costumes for him and call it a day while I keep updating my PS4 with new characters every new year.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I'll look into that. My PC is no beast, it's just a 1050 ti, i5 6500, and 8GB DDR4 RAM but it's still a pretty decent improvement over the OG PS4 that SFV was made to run on(since there is no Pro patch yet or maybe ever). And I also have it installed on a SSD on top of that if it helps at all to improve load times. I already bought both season passes for my PS4 and don't want to do the same for PC. Since I pretty much only play Ryu I'll probably just buy a few costumes for him and call it a day while I keep updating my PS4 with new characters every new year.
The specs don't really matter that much, the mod is what makes it so fast.

https://twitter.com/galtu00/status/834365314036953089

She can roast people, too:
https://twitter.com/GGSThatToffee/status/881209854127480833

I want to change my buttons scheme. Been the same on pad since alpha 1 came on PSN. How long do you think it will take for it to become natural???

I want to change my buttons scheme. Been the same on pad since alpha 1 came on PSN. How long do you think it will take for it to become natural???
Depends on the person really. Could take like 1-2 weeks, could take months.

If I may ask, why are you changing your control scheme? Is it for a specific character because if so you should just have a different control scheme exclusively for that character.

Depends on the person really. Could take like 1-2 weeks, could take months.

If I may ask, why are you changing your control scheme? Is it for a specific character because if so you should just have a different control scheme exclusively for that character.

So when I first started playing I was stupid. I prioritize heavies because you know they did more damage. So I always had lights mapped to the shoulders buttons. It was backwards way of thinking. I tend to drop light punishes more than I would like and those usually are the difference against better competition. So now I just have to reverse my brain from 10+ years of conditioning. I figure I can easily win Evo.

https://youtu.be/_XYCjVIP_yY

So when I first started playing I was stupid. I prioritize heavies because you know they did more damage. So I always had lights mapped to the shoulders buttons. It was backwards way of thinking. I tend to drop light punishes more than I would like and those usually are the difference against better competition. So now I just have to reverse my brain from 10+ years of conditioning. I figure I can easily win Evo.

Haha i used to be exactly the same. Then in SFV after a few months i tried setting it up the default way. I was immediately "holy shit i have been an idiot since the 90's" lol. For what its worth i adapted very quickly. Within a day i think. HP on R1 and HK on R2.

They really didn't reveal anything major at the 2015 panel. (That's the one with the famous PowerPoint slide on buffing weak characters instead of nerfing strong characters.).

They revealed the roster size and the DLC platform (free DLC and the like), which was pretty major at the time.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
At least you're consistent and don't map a light to one button and a medium to the other.

Anyways guys I'm testing a new stick config. Rate my setup:
3P MK HK LP
HP LK 3K MP
What the fuck is this. Is there a Twin Peaks fighter coming where this makes sense?

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

I play the same way for the same reason. Light attacks on right side shoulders ever since PS1 because I didn't understand anything about SF.

Although you wish to abandon the brotherhood, you still have my support.

Didn't know Dogura streams:
https://www.twitch.tv/dgrgas

Mapping lights to shoulders is the weirdest shit I've ever read in the context of fighting games.

That's my jam.

Don't know how it started, but ever since I touched SNES SF2, that's how it goes for me.

Anyway, I don't think they've used Evo to announce or reveal anything major during the SFV era.

Necalli was announced at EVO 2015:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qli_aTqdp7I

I haven't gone to a tournament in a while and was thinking about going to Dreamhack Atlanta.

I didn't even know there was a Dreamhack Atlanta until yesterday or so. I can't imagine I'm alone in that...

What the fuck is this. Is there a Twin Peaks fighter coming where this makes sense?

Lights on shoulder's makes perfect sense in a world where you are an early teen, using a SNES controller and despite what you thought, no nothing about street fighter.

Lights? They don't do damage, who uses them?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Lights on shoulder's makes perfect sense in a world where you are an early teen, using a SNES controller and despite what you thought, no nothing about street fighter.

Lights? They don't do damage, who uses them?
That guy was describing a stick layout.

Mapping lights to shoulders is the weirdest shit I've ever read in the context of fighting games.
Depends on character. I mapped my throw to Triangle on Dualshock for SF4 because it made it super easy to Kara throw with Ken that way. In fact, I think my overall throw defense would be better in SFV if it was one face button, but since crouch tech is out, I assigned it to a shoulder.

I may experiment again with it.

Also my medium punch is a face button most used. Everyone is different lol

LakeEarth

Switched back to Alex for a day yesterday. God I miss having a command throw, but my god buddy, what did they do to you? Keeping pressure is a fricken nightmare now.

Top Bottom