• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

MCD250

Guile is probably more versatile than Necalli, which is funky because Guile has two specials and Necalli has eight thousand.

Fuck Necalli.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, that's like 9 hours a day since launch, 7 days a week. I don't believe it!

Wish the PS4 listed the amount of time spent. There are days where I've spent literally the whole day grinding it out, and I usually play every day. Hm, 9 hours a day since launch might be a bit much, though. I'd say it's at least 4,000 hours, but I don't know. Only quantifiable data is that I have ~37k online matches played.

Are you serious? Have you tried any other fighting game?

You mean since SFV came out? Sure. I've played Injustice 2 and Guilty Gear Xrd.

Does the game even show an hour count? I looked for it last week on the PS4 version but I don't see it anywhere. All I could find was my total matches, which is over 5300 right now.

Compared to SF4, all I can see right now is 963 hours for USF4 PC. But I also owned vanilla SF4 on PC, USF4 on PS4, and every single version of SF4 on PS3 and 360. Combined I'm pretty confident I have over 10,000 hours in the SF4 series. I don't think I'll match that with SFV, but I'll still be pouring tons of hours into the game the next several years.

EDIT: 37k? WTF. That's has to be top 5 in the world.

Kashiwaba

Wish the PS4 listed the amount of time spent. There are days where I've spent literally the whole day grinding it out, and I usually play every day. Hm, 9 hours a day since launch might be a bit much, though. I'd say it's at least 4,000 hours, but I don't know. Only quantifiable data is that I have ~37k online matches played.

If on average each match last about 3 minutes your playtime would be around 1800 hours give or take.

FluxWaveZ

If on average each match last about 3 minutes your playtime would be around 1800 hours give or take.

Sure and, naturally, that's not the entirety of my time spent with the game. It doesn't count waiting time, single player mode time, time spent watching replays, Training mode time, or time spent at locals. Not to mention betas or my alternate account.

Maybe we gotta back out, and create a new lobby with you as host...im not sure how the servers are fucking up like this when the connection in match was pretty damn spotless

Sorry I had to cut, man. My wife busted in that last match and I had to go. Man that was some crazy back and fourth.
Hey, I ran into you a few times when he game first came out. Lol

That's cool that you remember me after all this time.

Add me so we can do it again someday.

joe2187

Banned
Sorry I had to cut, man. My wife busted in that last match and I had to go. Man that was some crazy back and fourth.

Thanks for the matches I appreciate it.

Everytime You did was it EX moonslicer? I just stood there like a dummy and either let it float above me for ten seconds, do nothing or just literally roll right into it. Everytime I wanted to punish it my brain failed me.

Good matches.

FluxWaveZ

According to the projected Smash.gg Evo 2017 SFV brackets, the top 8 will be: Punk, Snake Eyez, NuckleDu, Bonchan, Fuudo, Haitani, Yukadon, and Xian. And Punk's gonna win.

Alright, done.

mbpm1

Started playing this cat vomit again.

what can I say, pressing fierce is fun and red bull team tourney got my hype juices flowing again

MrCarter

This kind of thing just makes Capcom look bad. And makes me wish they were this responsive.

qHXaAvf.png

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/882044856511614978

Isn't SFV input lag now 6.2ms and some sources are even saying it's 5? I do agree with the communication however.

Beil

Yeah but don't forget Crapcomcrappitycrapcomcromcrapcapcom LOL!

Frankly at this point, Namco, NRS or ASW could tweet that the holocaust never happened and people would be, oh, well that's still better than launching without an arcade mode.

MCD250

According to the projected Smash.gg Evo 2017 SFV brackets, the top 8 will be: Punk, Snake Eyez, NuckleDu, Bonchan, Fuudo, Haitani, Yukadon, and Xian. And Punk's gonna win.

Alright, done.
Seems entirely plausible.

We could easily have an all American grand finals this year. Last year there was only one American in top 8.

I've been watching some EVO '16 matches on YouTube. It's funny, I used to find Infiltration's hit and run style of playing Charlie kind of irritating (though mostly because of how many people tried to emulate it), but looking back it really was impressive to watch. His Charlie was never as optimized as Bonchan's, but that whole twitchy reaction how-the-hell-did-he-do-that way that Infil played was super entertaining.

Eita's Ken was also more normal and less "online Ken" back then too.

Both methods, Display and Nood, were accepted by other developers. I don't see the reasoning in trying to shitpost back, at least without clarification. I get that they don't like the lag talk, but it's still important to clean things up no matter what developer you are.

And lord in heaven those hoodies are fucking awful. If you scroll down, there's one that's the same as the MURRICAAA design but just in red lol

Spuck-uk

Banned
How? Capcom already actually lowered the lag and harada is purely talking out of his ass with that "only wired ps4" bullshit.

SFV actually has a consistently working online mode and Tekken 7 is broken as fuck. Pretty ridiculous how people suck off Tekken for doing things they ridiculed Capcom for.

SFV has been out for two years and they still keep breaking their online..

Also their communication is terrible.

The change button expirement lasted one day. I played for hours, I did all the trials, I practiced and practiced and practiced. I lost countless matches to scrubs. It all felt.. wrong.
And then I realized I can't change who I am. The buttons are the buttons. The lights belong on the shoulders, anybody that thinks otherwise is simply a fool. I apologized to my brethren for straying from the path.

MrCarter

SFV has been out for two years and they still keep breaking their online..

Also their communication is terrible.

SFV mostly had issues online during release but Tekken on PS4 (which is the most popular) has been literally broken online for over a month with very high input lag.

https://twitter.com/harada_tekken/status/882172004463398912

This would be at least seven articles on eventhubs and three vesperarcade videos.

Capcom is literally saving fighting games

Yeah and all those Vesper videos would be over 2 hours long talking about the most arbitrary shit possible.

Spuck-uk

Banned
SFV mostly had issues online during release but Tekken on PS4 (which is the most popular) has been literally broken online for over a month with very high input lag.

Yeah and all those Vesper videos would be over 2 hours long talking about the most arbitrary shit possible.

It's not 'broken', because I play it every night online with very few issues. It does have 1 frame higher lag than the PC version, which as stated, they're looking to fix.

But I digress, this isn't the Tekken thread.

Honestly, Flux for the sake of...uh many things far more important than SFV, I advise you to slow down.

I know you go to tourneys and stuff, but do you truly see yourself winning Evo one year? Do you even plan to go, or make money off SFV in general? I say this as a fellow online warrior friend who loves the game as well, but SF (and ranked) can be just as addictive as gambling. And unless it is really paying you back in some meaning way (for most of us, it isn't) it probably isn't healthy to play it that much.

LakeEarth

What do you do when you just suddenly can't win a Ranked match to save your life and plummet 1000 points downward?

Stop. You've stopped 'thinking' and all those losses will lead to terrible decision making, causing a snowball effect. Step away for at least an hour.

Stop. You've stopped 'thinking' and all those losses will lead to terrible decision making, causing a snowball effect. Step away for at least an hour.
seconded, stop playing for a few days, and if you care about points, stop playing ranked in general because the stress of losing points will cause you to make horrible decisions and overall play worse.

You have to generally get to a point where you don't care (to some extent at least) if you win or lose. Then you can dominate in ranked, because honestly, there are a lot of players who have just mastered the best set-plays of their characters and have no fundamentals. Taking 5 months off from SFV is the best thing I've done. It's so less stressful not caring about losing my rank now. I could probably make it to super diamond or higher now, but meh, I'll just play a little here and there.

LakeEarth

Not caring will help with your frame of mind, and your frame of mind is your best ally because it's what keeps you from going into "automatic" mode, which you never ever want to do and is my biggest problem when playing fighters online for more than an hour. Once you've stopped thinking about what your opponent is thinking, you've stopped playing the game.

Same reason why I don't play after 11pm.

Seriously regretting buying the Season 2 pass.

Barely touched Akuma/Kolin/Ed and any excitement I had for the remaining characters is dissipating by the minute, the wait between reveals is far too long to maintain any amount of hype for someone semi-casual.

Barely touched Akuma/Kolin/Ed and any excitement I had for the remaining characters is dissipating by the minute, the wait between reveals is far too long to maintain any amount of hype for someone semi-casual.
Even someone who was more than just casual, I share your pain.

If I do keep playing this game, I sure as shit am not buying another Season Pass. I don't think I'm even gonna have to worry about spending any more money on the game period since FANG and Birdie aren't gonna get any costumes.

FluxWaveZ

Honestly, Flux for the sake of...uh many things far more important than SFV, I advise you to slow down.

I know you go to tourneys and stuff, but do you truly see yourself winning Evo one year? Do you even plan to go, or make money off SFV in general? I say this as a fellow online warrior friend who loves the game as well, but SF (and ranked) can be just as addictive as gambling. And unless it is really paying you back in some meaning way (for most of us, it isn't) it probably isn't healthy to play it that much.

I've made more than $2k off of tournament winnings in SFV. I play a lot of ranked, but having gone to majors like Toryuken and invitationals like Red Bull Proving Grounds Finals recently, I'm not simply an "online warrior" anymore. Online is a far different world than local play, considering things like environment, lag, and motivation to win. I just grind it out there to improve in certain aspects and experiment, for what actually matters in tournament matches.

I would not have had the experience to be flown off to Los Angeles on an all-paid trip with shuttles, free food and everything if it wasn't for my time spent in the game. With SFV being my first competitive FG, I pretty much had to put in that time to catch up to people who have been playing SF for much longer.

Moments like this make it all worth it.

Village

I'm having fun with the characters, but I can understand how that can be disappointing. I play games made by WB.

Though to be fair to capcom, the DLC is spread through out the year so, why would you buy into something if your hype dies in the wait. Its a season pass, the whole thing is wait

They could just do something like.

Show a picture of the next character.
OR
Tell us when the next character is coming
OR
Give a description of the character
OR
Just officially fucking announce who they are

I imagine that would help build hype.

Top Bottom