• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

I've made more than $2k off of tournament winnings in SFV. [...]

I'm not trying to belittle your accomplishments, but keep in mind that this is equivalent to you having worked a full-time job + overtime for more than a year, and then earning maybe $1 per hour (depending on the value of your paid trip).

Village

They could just do something like.

Show a picture of the next character.
OR
Tell us when the next character is coming
OR
Give a description of the character
OR
Just officially fucking announce who they are

I imagine that would help build hype.

In order
They want reveal hype

They don't know probably and shits down to the wire because i'm assuming a great deal of people are trying to actively make MVCI not on fire

True, but capcom. Also I guess they feel like it would ruin reveal hype

Reveal hype

FluxWaveZ

Ucchedavāda;242569932 said:
I'm not trying to belittle your accomplishments, but keep in mind that this is equivalent to you having worked a full-time job + overtime for more than a year, and then earning maybe $1 per hour (depending on the value of your paid trip).

Oh yeah, I've had a full-time job between college semesters, so I know $2k isn't much at all. I'm just saying that SFV has actually earned me money, in addition to not actually being a full-time job. If SFV felt that way, I would have stopped playing it a long time ago. For my time spent in this game (and with some others), I treat it as my overall experience gained for FGs as a whole, which will carry over into the future. There are some great players who barely spend time with the game but still perform super well, because they have that experience already. I need to gain it myself.

Reveal hype really stops being a factor when you have months of radio silence, chances are the people who are going to buy the season pass will do it earlier rather than later so you're not gonna convince people to buy the season pass, you delay the characters you do have, people are actively shitting on your game and perhaps the worst of all, when the characters have already been (kinda) leaked.

If they release a character every other month. The last character would be at the end of November. No way they would release a character that late would they?? Wasnt Urien released in September.

Akuma - Dec
Kolin - Feb
Ed - April/May
Abigail - supposed to be June but whatever/July?
Menat -Sept
Zeku - Nov

Or they could just do a package deal and release some of them earlier.

Pompadour

If they release a character every other month. The last character would be at the end of November. No way they would release a character that late would they?? Wasnt Urien released in September.

This year's DLC releases are more in line with how they'll play out in the future. S1 started in March because the game came out in February.

Every other month isn't a bad strategy if they had more content in general. Plus, the delays have kind of fucked up things.

They really just need more characters, honestly. After this season ends they'll have 28 characters which is a healthy roster with plenty of character variety
although they're all rushdown.
If they added a 7th semi-clone character every season, possibly for free, people would be pretty happy.

I love their dedication to having a unique roster but people like dumb characters like Evil Ryu, including YouTubers like Max, so throwing in edgelord clones once a season would probably be an easy way to boost the game's visibility without costing too much to develop. They should still strive to be pretty unique, of course, but they can recycle most of the moves while giving them unique V moves and CAs.

Kashiwaba

Oh yeah, I've had a full-time job between college semesters, so I know $2k isn't much at all. I'm just saying that SFV has actually earned me money, in addition to not actually being a full-time job. If SFV felt that way, I would have stopped playing it a long time ago. For my time spent in this game (and with some others), I treat it as my overall experience gained for FGs as a whole, which will carry over into the future. There are some great players who barely spend time with the game but still perform super well, because they have that experience already. I need to gain it myself.

I would say as long as you're enjoying what you're doing and it's not affecting your social life+studies then just keep on doing it.

LakeEarth

All this wait for new DLC characters just gives me time to build up enough FM to get them for free. So good going Capcom!

Exception of this week, in which they apparently forgot about adding our weekly missions. Again, good going Capcom!

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
All this wait for new DLC characters just gives me time to build up enough FM to get them for free. So good going Capcom!

Exception of this week, in which they apparently forgot about adding our weekly missions. Again, good going Capcom!

My FM is starting to burn a hole in my pocket, though. I'm starting to seriously consider buying a couple of stages.

Maybe if we all spend ALL our FM, Capcom will immediately reveal and release the next character. They need that cash.

Neoxon

Nice to see confirmation of what we were suspecting.
If I recall correctly, ASW uses their own post-processing stack, so DBFZ may be able to mitigate some of the input delay. All the same, I hope Epic steps in to help out Capcom, Bandai Namco, & ASW minimize the input delay as much as possible.

With that being said, we should have a decent comparison between UE3 & UE4 once DBFZ's beta drops (the best comparison would be between DBFZ's beta & GGXrd).

I've made more than $2k off of tournament winnings in SFV. I play a lot of ranked, but having gone to majors like Toryuken and invitationals like Red Bull Proving Grounds Finals recently, I'm not simply an "online warrior" anymore. Online is a far different world than local play, considering things like environment, lag, and motivation to win. I just grind it out there to improve in certain aspects and experiment, for what actually matters in tournament matches.

I would not have had the experience to be flown off to Los Angeles on an all-paid trip with shuttles, free food and everything if it wasn't for my time spent in the game. With SFV being my first competitive FG, I pretty much had to put in that time to catch up to people who have been playing SF for much longer.

Moments like this make it all worth it.
Well, I'm glad you graduated from online warrior, that's good. If you aren't going to go into the actual tourney scene I think it's pointless but you clearly are more involved. My small time with the scene gave me the wrong impression and its not the crowd I care for, but more power to you, just alway remember to have fun.

Update* Just to add and piggyback off Flux, SFV is my first fighting game I've felt good enough to compete with pros too. Playing and pulling wins out against players like Daimda, GodGarden-PS4, TampaBison etc... and then seeing that these guys are actually pros??! It was a huge boost of confidence, and for the first time, I finally felt like "yo, I can actually do this"...I knew offline was different and reactions are very different, but I wasn't leagues below these top players anymore, with practice, I could beat some of em.

But I got a sample size of the tourney scene as I said and it's just not for me. I also don't want to put so much time into something so competitive, as it has a negative impact on me. Learning guitar, reading books and helping others gives much more satisfaction, and improves my relationship with friends and family and especially my wife. Destiny + FF14 with my wife > Getting W's in SFV, by a LONG SHOT.

But again, more power to anyway striving to really get good at fighting games, it's certainly rewarding when you stop playing the characters and start truly playing the player.

Seriously regretting buying the Season 2 pass.

Barely touched Akuma/Kolin/Ed and any excitement I had for the remaining characters is dissipating by the minute, the wait between reveals is far too long to maintain any amount of hype for someone semi-casual.
I just bought akuma with fight money, season 1 was worth it though..

Seriously regretting buying the Season 2 pass.

Barely touched Akuma/Kolin/Ed and any excitement I had for the remaining characters is dissipating by the minute, the wait between reveals is far too long to maintain any amount of hype for someone semi-casual.
I've bought every single character (with FM), despite never touching anyone but Nash outside of story mode or the occasional local two player with my brother (where I just mash all the buttons).

I do it for training purposes and whenever I bring my laptop to a family function or play with friends, I want all the characters available.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
The change button expirement lasted one day. I played for hours, I did all the trials, I practiced and practiced and practiced. I lost countless matches to scrubs. It all felt.. wrong.
And then I realized I can't change who I am. The buttons are the buttons. The lights belong on the shoulders, anybody that thinks otherwise is simply a fool. I apologized to my brethren for straying from the path.
I almost missed this. Welcome back to the true path.

Blueblur1

The PS4 version of Tekken 7 is complete garbage so I wouldn't give Harada too much credit for tweeting.

He's sticking to that "only wired DS4" has high input lag story, but I'm not conviced at all...

How? Capcom already actually lowered the lag and harada is purely talking out of his ass with that "only wired ps4" bullshit.

SFV actually has a consistently working online mode and Tekken 7 is broken as fuck. Pretty ridiculous how people suck off Tekken for doing things they ridiculed Capcom for.

I haven't been exactly following how bad the input lag is so I can't comment on that.

But Harada responding a month after launching and promising a patch that same week is hell of a lot better than what Capcom did. Capcom didn't improve SFV's input lag until September with patch 1.09. And we didn't get any kind of comment on the input lag from Capcom until June. That's why I phrased my post that way.

mbpm1

Put this move in street fighter

tumblr_os5ebvNmp61rsw96uo2_400.gif

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Oh the communication is definitely way better. I basically asked for a Capcom Harada a few pages back lol

Im down, Im just a super silver though....I dont mind playing way above my league, I prefer learning about getting better.

CFN: ChefJoe

GGs, but there was just too much roll back on my end, one moment you're crouching and the other suddenly crHP is hitting me.
The worst one was were I punished one of your attacks with ex SRK, ex flash happens, and then it just rolls back into me standing and you do CA...

joe2187

Banned
GGs, but there was just too much roll back on my end, one moment you're crouching and the other suddenly crHP is hitting me.
The worst one was were I punished one of your attacks with ex SRK, ex flash happens, and then it just rolls back into me standing and you do CA...

Yeah, and I never intended for the CA to come out either...I could barely get any command throws out. Showed only 4 bars on my end so the connection shouldnt have been that stuttery. GGs .

Ucchedavāda;242589741 said:
Spinning Sub-Zeros Kick?

It looks the exact same there that it does in Guilty gear even.

https://youtu.be/5o2zN86lV44?t=35

Yeah, and I never intended for the CA to come out either...I could barely get any command throws out. Showed only 4 bars on my end so the connection shouldnt have been that stuttery. GGs

Saw it drop down 3 bars sometimes, and then there was that huge spike near the end, but yeah it shouldn't have been that bad.

Top Bottom