• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Perhaps they could add a character who lifts their opponent, shanks them, throws them back on the ground and then stomps them clean on the face.

But seriously, I would play the shit out of a character who curbstomps their opponent in this game. I have something similar with FANG but it's not quite a curbstomp, he just kicks you in the face so hard you fall to the ground.

Producer

Still cant get any matches through Ranked or Casual Match, only through Fight Request which takes a long fucking time. Is this not happening to anyone else? I can play other games online just fine. This shit sucks

My decision to main Chun Li has been a disaster. I can't seem to pull off her s.MP, c.MK, SBK BnB well at all.... I don't struggle with her other ones, but I've legitimately lost matches because I hit confirmed and I dropped that combo. It's horrible.

I lowkey might switch my main, but I've tried out Cammy and can't seem to find anyone else on the roster that resonates with my fighting style that much. Is Juri worth learning or is she trash?

Village

My decision to main Chun Li has been a disaster. I can't seem to pull off her s.MP, c.MK, SBK BnB well at all.... I don't struggle with her other ones, but I've legitimately lost matches because I hit confirmed and I dropped that combo. It's horrible.

I lowkey might switch my main, but I've tried out Cammy and can't seem to find anyone else on the roster that resonates with my fighting style that much. Is Juri worth learning or is she trash?
Juri is garbage, her move set is strait bad. Not her hitboxes, not she needs buffs, although those could help. Her moveset is bad, she feels unfinished and not thought through

You can try though

I wanted to try Juri as a second character but I couldn't get over the need to prime regular moves before you can use them.

Don't be, since you'll be seeing just as many curbstomps.
lol I love that.

Producer

For that combo you have to make sure you do 2 things: press down immediately after sMP so you have enough time to charge, and after the cMK slightly delay the cancel into SBK. Chuns cMK is kinda unique in that you can cancel it into special moves later than usual. Also practice with light SBK first, after you got that down you can move to using medium SBK

SephLuis

Chun takes a lot of practice and knowing some tricks that help her execution a lot.

For example, on that BnB, you have to input down as soon you hit s.MP and want to cancel on SBK at the end of c.MK. Might be a BnB, but it's not easy. Might be the hardest BnB of the game.

Also, when you do the motion for the SBK you input d, df, f, uf. This way if the charge fails, she will use a legs attack.

Her best plays, IMO, is when the player is smart rather than someone combo-heavy.
This is one of her BnBs, but not using that isn't the end of the world either.

Juri is garbage, her move set is strait bad. Not her hitboxes, not she needs buffs, although those could help. Her moveset is bad, she feels unfinished and not thought through

You can try though

Wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6IyHpR_uEs

Playing her is a hell lot of fun, but she is on the weaker side of the cast.

Teh Lurv

Like people before said, you need hit down just after you press s.MP and cancel into medium SBK late into c.MK. The late cancel feels weird compared to most other cancels, it took me a lot of practice time in training mode before I got the rhythm down. One tip that helped me was to cancel into medium SBK when you see Chun's leg retracting back to her body after the hit.

It's still a very tough BnB, especially in the heat of a moment of a match. I can pull it off fine in training mode, but I still drop it in actual matches.

I'd recommend practicing using low SBK instead. The difference between low/med SBK in the combo is not that much (20 dmg & about one character width of corner carry), but the reduced charging time gives you a bigger window of opportunity to cancel c.MK into it.

The game has defensive options now that stop the 50/50 shit on wake up and reset the neutral more often.

What do the tiers look like now?

Village

You can find the character boring, but she certainly does have the tools that make her fun to play.

I disagree, and he asked for opinions on the subject, and I feel she is ill equipped for the game she's in, I feel like she's doing way more work than she did in the last game to do damage in a game focused on damage.

But that's just me

Nothing in this game triggers me more than Ken's fucking throw loop.

If they just nerf his post throw pressure, I swear I'll come back to SFV whatever state it may be in.

Bob White

The game has defensive options now that stop the 50/50 shit on wake up and reset the neutral more often.

What do the tiers look like now?

What happens is scrubs bitch that v trigger is useless and the defensive options added get nerfed. You know why? Because "the game was way more hype when I could wake up button into insane v trigger pressure on hit. Now I dont get anything other than a knock down and a half full v meter! People can get out of my 50/50 meaty for free. See! So useless."

Bob with the real talk.

But I guess bringing back v reversals, a better wake up option, and maybe something like pushblock I don't know.

I've gotten back playing Street Fighter
They should rebalance V trigger while on defense.. Necalli shouldn't CH jab into VTC, M.Bison shouldn't be +4 after canceling the slide and Rashid V gauge should be 3 bars.

A hypothetical scenario? Depends on the options and how characters can counter those options

OK, hypothetically what if everybody's V reversal was a roll out like Rashid and Nash. If you predict this you can still throw them out of it or maybe even punish the recovery. Otherwise it gives you some room to breath and also works as a corner escape. Or my throw idea, but I'm kind of sick of bringing that up.

Pompadour

OK, hypothetically what if everybody's V reversal was a roll out like Rashid and Nash. If you predict this you can still throw them out of it or maybe even punish the recovery. Otherwise it gives you some room to breath and also works as a corner escape. Or my throw idea, but I'm kind of sick of bringing that up.

It would be nice if every character had two V-Reversals: 3P would keep your opponent on the same side, 3K would side switch.

xabi

Anyone else having trouble finding a match online tonight? It has been searching for 15 mins and nothing. Normally it takes less than 1 min for me

Teh Lurv

Anyone else having trouble finding a match online tonight? It has been searching for 15 mins and nothing. Normally it takes less than 1 min for me

I had problems last night, I noticed after 20 minutes I wasn't getting matched with anyone while I had my attention turned away. I restarted SFV and got a match within 10 seconds of turning match-making on.

Agree with you there.

Disagree with you there.

REALLY disagree with you there.

You may think that now but when you think how Bison's comeback factor is mostly canceling his Slide and Scissor Kick and then do whatever he wants.

Rashid has a free corner carry with his V Trigger and him being neutral with light mixer OB so 4f characters are kinda screwed if they do not have a reversal.

Not all charterers has the luxury of pressuring off a throw after S2.

xabi

I had problems last night, I noticed after 20 minutes I wasn't getting matched with anyone while I had my attention turned away. I restarted SFV and got a match within 10 seconds of turning match-making on.

Just tried that as well, and all seems fine now. Weird...

You may think that now but when you think how Bison's comeback factor is mostly canceling his Slide and Scissor Kick and then do whatever he wants.

Rashid has a free corner carry with his V Trigger and him being neutral with light mixer OB so 4f characters are kinda screwed if they do not have a reversal.

Not all charterers has the luxury of pressuring off a throw after S2.

I play FANG who has a 4 frame jab.

I play against these characters same as you.

I also play online same as you.

And I think Bison and Rashid are fine. If anything, I'd kinda give Bison a (small) buff. Rashid seems fine the way he is tbh.

I don't know why you think stuff that's not actually broken, is broken.

I realize this might be difficult for you to admit, being the best Nash in America and all, but you have actually considered the possibility that you kinda suck at this game?

Honestly I wouldn't mind a 2 bar v reversal that actually v reversals.

For two bars it better do something like 120 grey life and give me a hard knockdown on hit or leave me +2 on block, otherwise two bars is way too expensive for a V reversal.

It would be nice if every character had two V-Reversals: 3P would keep your opponent on the same side, 3K would side switch.

I remember someone saying on here once that it would be nice to have two V reversals, one defensive and one offensive. I actually like the sound of it. Just imagine everybody having access to Rashid's roll out and Ryu's knockdown V reversal at the same time.

mbpm1

I remember someone saying on here once that it would be nice to have two V reversals, one defensive and one offensive.
I actually like the sound of it. Just imagine everybody having access to Rashid's roll out and Ryu's knockdown V reversal at the same time.

ggs that was me

i also thought about more powerful v-reversals that cost multiple meters

Top Bottom