• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
For two bars it better do something like 120 grey life and give me a hard knockdown on hit or leave me +2 on block, otherwise two bars is way too expensive for a V reversal.

Honestly i'd pay the cost. I'm not a fan of giving every character an invincible reversal. I think stuff like that should be character specific. Having said that if there was a system wide 'get the fuck off me' mechanic it should do just that. There's a handful of characters that wont see a v trigger if they v reversal just once. So if anything they should at least take that kind of stuff into consideration when it comes to v reversals.

This game online is becoming full of kids who do nothing but teabag and runaway after getting one win sigh.
As opposed to being full of ragequitters? That shit was horrendous. I've been ragequit on like a hundred times. Really twisted my perception of the Capcom fighting game audience.

It's really no different anywhere else. I'v encountered tons of RQers in Tekken 7 and outside FGs in Overwatch. It's just a thing people do in video games.

Kashiwaba

You may think that now but when you think how Bison's comeback factor is mostly canceling his Slide and Scissor Kick and then do whatever he wants.

Rashid has a free corner carry with his V Trigger and him being neutral with light mixer OB so 4f characters are kinda screwed if they do not have a reversal.

Not all charterers has the luxury of pressuring off a throw after S2.

Please leave Rashid alone he is fine as he is not too weak and not overpowered, if anything he is one of the most balanced characters in this game.

Teh Lurv

So I usually play SFV on my HDTV on my gaming/HTPC because I'm tired and can't be bothered to flip on my PC monitor. I decided to sit down at my desk and play SFV on my monitor today, and man I've been mostly on fire. I don't know if its just a placebo or the input lag difference between my monitor & HDTV made that big a difference, but I'm finding myself so much more responsive today.

So I usually play SFV on my HDTV on my gaming/HTPC because I'm tired and can't be bothered to flip on my PC monitor. I decided to sit down at my desk and play SFV on my monitor today, and man I've been mostly on fire. I don't know if its just a placebo or the input lag difference between my monitor & HDTV made that big a difference, but I'm finding myself so much more responsive today.

I don't know what kind of TV you have, but that might be the case. I had a similar experience many years ago with SF4. I started playing SF4 on a 50 inch plasma that I bought in 2009. I was just a newbie level player like many others so I didn't notice a thing. My PS3 died and instead of rushing to replace it, I bought SF4 on PC. I played on my low input monitor and I don't remember noticing a difference. But around 6 months later when I finally sent in my PS3 to Sony to get repaired(basically just replaced though).

When I finally got it back and fire up SF4 to play on my plasma again I was so fucking angry and frustrated because everything was so unresponsive. I was convinced that every match I was playing was extremely laggy. Problem with that theory is that it was also extremely laggy offline when I was in training mode as well. I tried searching for reasons why this was happening on the internet and finally found out about TV/Monitor input lag. I don't think I ever played on my plasma again. That shit was probably 100+ ms of input lag, it really was fucking horrid.

But anyways, it definitely does matter what kind of TV or monitor you're playing on. If you're interested you could look up your model number to see if any there is any info about input lag posted.

SephLuis

Lemme get summadat!

CFN: AdversaryOne

Invite sent

EDIT: Teh_Lurv, use anti airs. St.lk is a great one. I am getting way too many jump ins on you.
Don't abuse cr. hk or EX legs too much. Chun has great buttons such as st.hp for far away, use them. She certainly is one of the best characters regarding a neutral game using pokes.

SephLuis

GG Seph, you're Juri is awesome. I was hoping to take at least a round from you, I almost pulled it off once or twice, but I couldn't seal the deal.

GGs

Let's play another day. I can give you more tips since I used to play Chun a lot.
Unfortunately, my Chun is a bit rusty right now but it should be enough for you to get some new things.

I play FANG who has a 4 frame jab.

I play against these characters same as you.

I also play online same as you.

And I think Bison and Rashid are fine. If anything, I'd kinda give Bison a (small) buff. Rashid seems fine the way he is tbh.

I don't know why you think stuff that's not actually broken, is broken.

I realize this might be difficult for you to admit, being the best Nash in America and all, but you have actually considered the possibility that you kinda suck at this game?

I didn't made it to Ultra Plat by complaining. And maybe I'm just talking out of my ass with the problem with the matchmaking putting me up against South Americans.

But something has to be done with how V trigger activation should work. Or make this game less one dimensional

Bob White

But something has to be done with how V trigger activation should work. Or make this game less one dimensional

I agree. Button into v trig is just too strong. It's FADC that positive on block and death into 50/50 on hit. All for getting your ass handed to you.

Also, fast horizontal specials into v trig is also super dumb. Cammy canceling ex drill into v trig block pressure would be dumb as shit. Yet, Rog can do it. Why?

I realize that people aren't gonna like it (at first) but the more I think of it, the more I think the game should have an invincible backdash with uniform invincibility for every character (3-4 frames)

Look at it objectively, apply it to situations that you encounter commonly and even uncommonly in this game and think of the effect it would have.

It's really no different anywhere else. I'v encountered tons of RQers in Tekken 7 and outside FGs in Overwatch. It's just a thing people do in video games.
I've played quite a few fighters online since SF4 came out and I never saw such a high incidence of ragequitting in another fighting game. Only MvC3 came close to the amount of quitting I've seen in SFV.

Village

You haven't seen his Battle coat clip inside out and within itself.

It actually looks pretty cool tbh.

yeah that ones weird, but like his main outfits tiny cape thing clips though like basic animations, like his win animation , or all punches coming from that arm

joe2187

Banned
I love Mikas School girl alt.

But every time I win, without fail....her hair eats her face.
DDa43DKUQAEtkFG.jpg

DDa42imV0AA-_8m.jpg

DDa42ClVoAA9kPJ.jpg

Village

Yeah mika's twin tails be buggin, there is a lot of win pose ruining stuff

Like kolin's... random aura .. stream that everyone has that covers her eyes sometimes

mbpm1

I realize that people aren't gonna like it (at first) but the more I think of it, the more I think the game should have an invincible backdash with uniform invincibility for every character (3-4 frames)

Look at it objectively, apply it to situations that you encounter commonly and even uncommonly in this game and think of the effect it would have.

I really don't think I want this. I'd rather it be a roll mechanic, or a different backdash that's hit invincible but not throw inv, but not full on invincible backdash

i want more mechanics, not boosting an existing one to the moon.

Juri is garbage, her move set is strait bad. Not her hitboxes, not she needs buffs, although those could help. Her moveset is bad, she feels unfinished and not thought through

You can try though
I've tried Juri all day and her health is not okay, one combo and there goes about 40 to 50% of my health. She's easier execution wise but her options aren't bueno at all, I always feel like I'm fighting an upper battle even though I like her playstyle concept. She doesn't seem to hit hard enough and everything seems to beat out her footsies.

For that combo you have to make sure you do 2 things: press down immediately after sMP so you have enough time to charge, and after the cMK slightly delay the cancel into SBK. Chuns cMK is kinda unique in that you can cancel it into special moves later than usual. Also practice with light SBK first, after you got that down you can move to using medium SBK

Chun takes a lot of practice and knowing some tricks that help her execution a lot.

For example, on that BnB, you have to input down as soon you hit s.MP and want to cancel on SBK at the end of c.MK. Might be a BnB, but it's not easy. Might be the hardest BnB of the game.

Also, when you do the motion for the SBK you input d, df, f, uf. This way if the charge fails, she will use a legs attack.

Her best plays, IMO, is when the player is smart rather than someone combo-heavy.
This is one of her BnBs, but not using that isn't the end of the world either.

Wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6IyHpR_uEs

Playing her is a hell lot of fun, but she is on the weaker side of the cast.
Thanks, I've been getting the hang of it more. Ever since I've been playing around with that input, it doesn't matter if I stored the charge long enough anymore, I still get a combo ender, albeit no knockdown, but still better than nothing!

FluxWaveZ

bc nobody plays vega

Still surprised you don't know, but I guess not everyone has gone through the whole roster looking for a main like I did

I am very surprised. I've gone through a lot of data and done a lot of MU research for pretty much every character, but I don't know how I'm just finding out about something so simple now. I face a decent amount of Vega players, too. Kinda crazy to me, but I guess it's hard for anyone to know about every single thing.

Sayad

Vega's having 2 v-reversals doesn't get mentioned much because the slower one is kinda useless outside specific punishes.

what would an offensive V-reversal do, anyway

offensive as in half the V-reversals that already exist. They hit the opponent and reverse the tides, giving you the frame advantage.

Defensive as in Nash or FANG's V-reversal. Letting you just move forward/backwards and away from the pressure.

ElFly

offensive as in half the V-reversals that already exist. They hit you and reverse the tides, giving you the frame advantage.

Defensive as in Nash or FANG's V-reversal. Letting you just move forward/backwards and away from the pressure.

aaah ok

yeah that'd be nice

I still think current V-Reversals could stand a buff. and most V-skills should grant more V-bar (and getting hit should only fill your V-bar later in the round)

ElFly

Would a forward wakeup recovery with the exact same frames as the backward recovery solve any problems with offense?

I think it would be too good; the offender would need to be ready for a side switch, and would be OP in the corner, where the player on the offensive would need to risk getting cornered if he chooses to keep pressure

IMHO the best would be have three different delay levels (one for each button strength) for the two recovery options. that way keeping pressure would be harder but you still get some advantage off it

the defensive char would need to flash in a color or something or do a diff sound, to signal each level though

I wouldn't mind the forward roll from the Alpha series. As much I want back dashes since last year, people are reluctant of wanting it back because of Luffy's Rose.

Top Bottom