• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Teh Lurv

I don't know what kind of TV you have, but that might be the case. I had a similar experience many years ago with SF4. I started playing SF4 on a 50 inch plasma that I bought in 2009. I was just a newbie level player like many others so I didn't notice a thing. My PS3 died and instead of rushing to replace it, I bought SF4 on PC. I played on my low input monitor and I don't remember noticing a difference. But around 6 months later when I finally sent in my PS3 to Sony to get repaired(basically just replaced though).

But anyways, it definitely does matter what kind of TV or monitor you're playing on. If you're interested you could look up your model number to see if any there is any info about input lag posted.

My HDTV is a 2011 LG model which from what I've read and my own testing with 240p Test Suite is somewhere around 50ms of input lag. It's obviously much worse than my 10ms PC monitor, but I didn't think the difference would matter that much in a game with ~6 frames of input lag already baked in and my relatively low-level of play.

EDIT: Teh_Lurv, use anti airs. St.lk is a great one. I am getting way too many jump ins on you.
Don't abuse cr. hk or EX legs too much. Chun has great buttons such as st.hp for far away, use them. She certainly is one of the best characters regarding a neutral game using pokes.

Thanks for the advice. I've been working on my anti-airs recently, mainly practicing in casual using b.HK. I probably should be using s.LK more. I still need to practice my jump-in reaction time. Unless I'm fighting someone using a jump-in flow-chart, I'm not punishing jump-ins as much as I should.

Producer

Thanks for the advice. I've been working on my anti-airs recently, mainly practicing in casual using b.HK. I probably should be using s.LK more. I still need to practice my jump-in reaction time. Unless I'm fighting someone using a jump-in flow-chart, I'm not punishing jump-ins as much as I should.

bHK is more reliable than sLK, i'd keep practicing using that one. That said all her anti airs kind of suck. Ex sbk is her best one, but you need meter, charge, and good timing if you want to get good damage.

ElFly

I wouldn't mind the forward roll from the Alpha series. As much I want back dashes since last year, people are reluctant of wanting it back because of Luffy's Rose.

I remember the alpha roll as very easy to hit tho. you'd end up doing the shortest one, cause the other two meant eating a sweep over and over

and the shortest one ain't too different from quick rising. it'd def need some invincibility

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Remember when they showed the USF4 Decapre trailer live at Final Round and people were booing? Great fun

ElFly

when's Zangief

what do you say, that SFV already has Zangief?

well MvC2 had two Wolverines, SFV can handle two Zangiefs

LakeEarth

Remember when they showed the USF4 Decapre trailer live at Final Round and people were booing? Great fun

Well in SF4, there were no completely new characters after Yun/Yang, so at least I wasn't happy. With them came Evil Ryu and Blue Akuma, and later they brought in Cammy with a thing on her head, and whatever else they could scrape off of SFxT. And Yun/Yang are basically 95% the same 3D model themselves.

Capcom continues this tradition with that Switch SF2 game. "ALL NEW CHARACTERS" my ass.

Scotia

Banned
Screw Abigail, when's my Alex nostalgia costume

This guy knows what's up.

Screw Alex, when's my Ibuki nostalgia costume

This guy also knows what's up, but he hates Alex so...

giphy.gif

Can't post the link now, but someone found Bison's teleport hidden in the files. That's...pretty damn cool. One let's him teleport in the air. There's so much bullshit you could do with that, he'd be super fun to play being able to position himself better.

If the teleport is punishable af but still usable as a way to get out of pressure, I don't see an issue with it. Not like Bison has an overhead anyway. But online? That shit is gonna be mad frustrating.

Is this your weird way of saying you want to eat decapre?

Capcops help.

Nah I'm only hungry for that Abigail.

Blueblur1

The first thing that comes to mind is that its a mod but I don't know if any modders would be capable of such a thing with SFV.

The second thing that comes to mind is that maybe that's in the game code because we'll be fighting a special AI version of Bison? Bornfree's theory is that we'd be getting an SFII Anniversary Arcade Mode by the end of the year due to all the returning SFII stages. Maybe these new Bison teleports may be linked to that?

Bleh. Rolento was far better than her. Rather deal with his bullshit than see her again.

To the above, modders might be able to make that, but eh, it's plausible that it's real. It might just not be implemented until the next season.

I played a few matches of USFIV with friends this morning and although it was more fun than I remembered, the sound design in that game is hot garbage.

Every hit sounds like you're getting slapped with a wet pool noodle, and any match involving Hugo is an assault on the ears because every time he moves an inch it creates a cacophonous medley of rattling chains. I had to turn down the sound effects just to hear the voice chat, which is something I've never had to do for a fighting game.

mbpm1

Bleh. Rolento was far better than her. Rather deal with his bullshit than see her again.

To the above, modders might be able to make that, but eh, it's plausible that it's real. It might just not be implemented until the next season.
Rolento? Safe Roll red focus ultra rolento? Jump hp that beat everything as a show of how anti airing in sfv would feel rolento? "Attack attack attack"?

Get outta here

I've realized I don't really have a playstyle I like in fighting games. Zoning, defensive, aggressive, etc. I just like being an ass. Hugo and Rolento just let me be a jerk the whole time and that's probably why I played them.

And that's probably why I pick characters that frustrate people like Rog, Urien, Necaili, and Birdie.

Top Bottom