• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Village

hugo sucks, plus we'll have abigail so he's never coming but I'd love to see Sodom.

Unless we just get hugo and Abigail plays differently.

Unless we just get hugo, and then we can have big man fights.

The biggest manest fights that ever bigged a man.

joe2187

Banned
None of the mains i play in fighting games have anything in common really.

Felicia in DS and UMVC3.
Ms Fortune and Robo-fortune in skullgirls.
Toakaka in BB
King or Armor king in tekken
Cammy in any SF game.

Nothing relative about them whatsoever...

Village

None of the mains i play in fighting games have anything in common really.

Felicia in DS and UMVC3.
Ms Fortune and Robo-fortune in skullgirls.
Toakaka in BB
King or Armor king in tekken
Cammy in any SF game.

Nothing relative about them whatsoever...

James Chen pls

ironmang

I've finally been coming around on this game lately. Played for a few days around launch but the 10minute waits for matches plus the no rematches really soured me on the game. Still trying to break the crouch tech habit despite not playing SF4 in almost 17 months lol.

Was planning on maining Guile until they put in either Blanka or Honda but that damn st. mp -> cr. mp xx fk combo is a bitch to work into my muscle memory. So just messing around with Cammy right now since she's pretty easy to play and optimal combos didn't take long to learn. Can't wait for evo and hope someone from NA finally takes it this year.

Edzi

Oh I forgot to mention, I also pick characters if they're hot females. Usually works out well for me since they tend to make female characters the pure footsie characters. That's why I played Cassie Cage and Jacqui in MKX, WW in IJ2 (The thickness), Orchid in KI, Poison in USF4 (kinda got worked with that one) and She-Hulk in (U)MvC3.

There are a few others but I forgot to mention.

EDIT: Oh how could I forget Bae.Jenet and also King in KoF.

HARAM

bAHEP5t.jpg

Sayad

Oh I forgot to mention, I also pick characters if they're hot females. Usually works out well for me since they tend to make female characters the pure footsie characters. That's why I played Cassie Cage and Jacqui in MKX, WW in IJ2 (The thickness), Orchid in KI, Poison in USF4 (kinda got worked with that one) and She-Hulk in (U)MvC3.

There are a few others but I forgot to mention.

EDIT: Oh how could I forget Bae.Jenet and also King in KoF.
Oh! So like me, you either play girls or disturbing freaks. :D

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Every fucking Alex I fight plays EXACTLY the same and I still lose half the time. Basically if they use command throws a lot I lose and if they don't I win. I think Alex remains my worst matchup in this game and it's been that way since he was released.

Every fucking Alex I fight plays EXACTLY the same and I still lose half the time. Basically if they use command throws a lot I lose and if they don't I win. I think Alex remains my worst matchup in this game and it's been that way since he was released.

The solution is simply really: dont get powah bombed.

Skilletor

Maybe they've just got the read that you're blocking too much. You falling for command grabs all the time just forces them to fight you similarly.

MCD250

Don't think there's any commonality to the folks I play in fighting games.

I play Cammy now because I wanted to buff my fundamentals. Before her I played Charlie, and the reason for that is because I used to play him in Alpha. And the reason for THAT is because I thought he was easy to use and because his backstory as a character who was first referenced in another game before being formally introduced seemed intriguing.

I used to play Vega in and Blanka in II because I liked their unique appearances.

I used to play Mitsurugi in Soul Calibur because kendo/samurai. Too cool. I also played Link in the GameCube version of SCII because...well, it was Link.

Used to play Kirby in Smash 64. Pikachu too. And played Link in Melee.

Used to play Sabrewulf and Spinal in KI because they were dope-looking monsters.

Kitana and Mileena in MK and Nina in Tekken because I like graceful/powerful/evil women.

Edzi

Press more buttons, Alex can't do shit.

His grab is slow, weak, and gives him bad Oki. You're probably just playing way too defensively/scared so they just keep dash up grabbing you.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Maybe they've just got the read that you're blocking too much. You falling for command grabs all the time just forces them to fight you similarly.
I think the problem is that lately most Alexs don't go for the grab after the giant uppercut and then I fought one who did and it fucked up my whole life.

So really I should have said all Alexs play the same except the ones who don't.

Producer

you are respecting alex way way too much. After alex lands the power bomb he is almost always either gonna dash up , or do sHK. He is minus after both of those

SephLuis

Press more buttons, Alex can't do shit.

His grab is slow, weak, and gives him bad Oki. You're probably just playing way too defensively/scared so they just keep dash up grabbing you.

What if my buttons are worse ?

Hell, I played an Alex yesterday and I was at a loss since I was either losing or trading.

Damn NRS games, Fucking Injustice 1 on PC is crashing a lot sheeeesh..also it's a bad port, MKX i can run it at 3x Dynamic resolution without FPS drop, this game fps dips at 1080p with my GTX 1060...the better looking game runs smooth the older game runs like shit lol..

Edzi

Currently training with Juri

My only experience with Juri is playing against Rocwell who's crazy good, but based on those matches I don't see what you'd have to worry about. Just learn your spacing and frame data and you can whiff punish a lot of Alex's stuff. Don't forget about your projectile either.

vulva

Don't you play Chun?

I was at a local thing on Friday and had an Alex player explaining to me how that match is 6-4 for Alex. I can't remember all the details but he seemed convinced that it's a hard match for Chun, even if I was winning more.

Producer

I was at a local thing on Friday and had an Alex player explaining to me how that match is 6-4 for Alex. I can't remember all the details but he seemed convinced that it's a hard match for Chun, even if I was winning more.

that seems pretty wild. I dont see it personally

vulva

that seems pretty wild. I dont see it personally

Yeah, I honestly didn't get where he was going with it. He was saying something about Alex being able to counter poke and trade with her, which works to his advantage with some of his heavies. It wasn't quite making sense to me, but it was a wild idea.

Edzi

Dude was crazy.

That Alex player was really just playing mind games. Trying psyche you out and confuse you.

Or he is in a state of denial and really believes the match is 6-4 Alex.

peter0611

I likely gave my opponent too much respect, but it really feels like Rashid has 4-5 turns before you get to do anything lol. And people actually complained that this fucker needed to do more damage.

FluxWaveZ

I likely gave my opponent too much respect, but it really feels like Rashid has 4-5 turns before you get to do anything lol. And people actually complained that this fucker needed to do more damage.

Against Rashid, it's not about waiting for your turn like other characters, but it's about taking your turn by force.

mbpm1

when the mindgames get more real shit like that happens.

like flux says you gotta take it to him sometimes

also, man, platinums suck, including me. I'm hoping I'll find more and more ways to not suck and get out of this level

This might be the first time we've found someone who possesses the anti-salt gene. He loses, but insists he has the stronger character despite using a bottom 3? This man's sacrifice could finally save the FGC from it's eternal saltiness.

Well, it's either that or he has been watching way too many #MAGA videos.

Make Alex Great Again

Top Bottom