• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Zackat

FqQQXtq.jpg

Tw3aARz.png

he's the hero we need right now to guide us through the darkness of sfv season 2

Pompadour

dunno if SFV is where it needed to be

-it still has no arcade mode (come on, survival mode is halfway there, this cannot be that hard)

-the story mode is subpar compared to the competition

-matchmaking is still ridiculously slow randomly, and the netcode hasn't improved much. there is still a whole day of downtime whenever they need to update the matchmaking servers (which is everytime they add something to the store, which is frankly ridiculous)

it'd be better received than SFV was at launch, but it wouldn't be a super great welcome. well, at least now it has a working store.

but if it is not where it needed to be at launch, it is clearly not where it need to be as a 1.5 years old title (not remembering exact dates here)

I'm saying it's on par now with most FG releases in most areas. So yeah, Injustice 2 has way more content and better online but that game is the outlier. If the games I'm referencing had to meet this standard then no fighting game except IJ2 would be worthy of being released.

By the way, here's how the other games didn't hit what is expected of them:

Tekken 7 - terrible online (on PS4), no trials, shitty arcade mode, shitty character endings

KOF14 - ugly, abysmal online, no cinematic story mode (they just combined Story and Arcade, which I actually like)

GGXrd - terrible online. Really, that's it, although if the series was as popular as SF they'd get shit for their small initial roster and how every previous character that ever appeared should be in by default (and God forbid if they're DLC).

But I think this is a symptom of how hardcore fans of the genre and casual fans that only try the big fighting franchises like Marvel, SF, Tekken, MK view expectations differently. These other games commit many of the same sins as SF, or worse, but get away with it because the same people that play SF aren't mostly the same people playing KOF or Xrd.

Like just imagine the shit storm if SFV did what ASW would do just a few years ago and release updates to SFV as MANDATORY new disc purchases (not even a digital upgrade) AND sold DLC on top of that. That's frankly insane. But ASW fans realize these games are niche and they'd rather pay a premium to play than not play at all.

Which brings up another point: a lot of people shitting on MvCI and SF would be just fine if Capcom went under and another game in either series was never released. It's like if the Uncharted series just stopped for me. I like the games, sure, but I wouldn't care if they stopped making them.

joe2187

Banned
They can just announce these costumes again!

We know we promised the nostalgia costumes, but have scrapped that idea in favor of giving Alex an Schoolgirl costume as well....he will now have a traditional sailor fuku costume and ibuki will be getting an additional third schoolgirl costume as well.

MrCarter

Like just imagine the shit storm if SFV did what ASW would do just a few years ago and release updates to SFV as MANDATORY new disc purchases (not even a digital upgrade) AND sold DLC on top of that. That's frankly insane. But ASW fans realize these games are niche and they'd rather pay a premium to play than not play at all.

There would be a riot and r/Kappa would probably burn to the ground from the amount of traffic. I guess most of their fans are fine being ripped off because they want the company they support to do well however they don't realise that harms the playerbase in the long run.

joe2187

Banned
"Nostalgia Costumes are not Dead"

Oh man....they should do Darkstalker costumes for halloween.

Chun-Li as morrigan
Cammy as Lilith
Zangief as Sasquatch
Mika as Felicia
Bison as Demitri
Ryu as Donovan
Rashid as Anakaris
Juri as Hsien Ko
Kolin as Bulleta
Birdie has Hutzil
Necalli as Talbain
Vega as Jedah
Fang as Albauth
Akuma as Bishamon

Pyron or Q bee are up in the air.

mbpm1

A new character that's FANG's student. A slow lumbering grappler with shitty normals
and poison.
He does lots of damage but to counterbalance the poison also hurts him and he's a quadruple amputee with jab length limbs and minimum 8 frame startup normals

He does lots of damage but to counterbalance the poison also hurts him and he's a quadruple amputee with jab length limbs and minimum 8 frame startup normals
The more shitty you make him sound, the more tempting a character he becomes to me come on bud.

The only exception to this rule is course Alex because he is the true embodiment of trash.

Scotia

Banned
Wow it's been a year since they announced those costumes?

Yeah, it's crazy that it's been a year already, and there hasn't been a single word on them since. Typical that the one costume I want the most from this entire game (Alex's nostalgic costume) is the one that Capcom go silent over for an entire year.

Exr

Havent played sfv in like 3 months, are there any noteable Ed players yet? Went back to Ultra on PS4 and Ive been having a better time with that amazingly, wish they would just port 3S and ST.

Pompadour

Havent played sfv in like 3 months, are there any noteable Ed players yet? Went back to Ultra on PS4 and Ive been having a better time with that amazingly, wish they would just port 3S and ST.

There's a Master Ed player now but I don't remember the name.

Yeah, it's crazy that it's been a year already, and there hasn't been a single word on them since. Typical that the one costume I want the most from this entire game (Alex's nostalgic costume) is the one that Capcom go silent over for an entire year.
To be fair, I can't blame Capcpom for not wanting to talk about Alex.

So. Bad.

"She already had one, and I would prefer her to be lilith instead. "

There's never enough Q-Bee costumes, this time they could add the stinger and compound eyes.

I saw a FANG player say that he's no longer low tier so I don't know what's going on anymore.

Alex and Juri haven't won shit.
I honestly think that if your opponent is good at throw teching, Juri is literally the worst character in the game.

Followed very closely by Alex then FANG. I'd even go as far as to say that Ryu and F.A.N.G are on the same spot in regards to tiers.

Even with all the buffs, doesn't change the fact that FANG has to work 3 times as harder and take 3 times as many risks to get the same result as a character like Necalli.

ElFly

I'm saying it's on par now with most FG releases in most areas. So yeah, Injustice 2 has way more content and better online but that game is the outlier. If the games I'm referencing had to meet this standard then no fighting game except IJ2 would be worthy of being released.

By the way, here's how the other games didn't hit what is expected of them:

Tekken 7 - terrible online (on PS4), no trials, shitty arcade mode, shitty character endings

KOF14 - ugly, abysmal online, no cinematic story mode (they just combined Story and Arcade, which I actually like)

GGXrd - terrible online. Really, that's it, although if the series was as popular as SF they'd get shit for their small initial roster and how every previous character that ever appeared should be in by default (and God forbid if they're DLC).

But I think this is a symptom of how hardcore fans of the genre and casual fans that only try the big fighting franchises like Marvel, SF, Tekken, MK view expectations differently. These other games commit many of the same sins as SF, or worse, but get away with it because the same people that play SF aren't mostly the same people playing KOF or Xrd.

Which brings up another point: a lot of people shitting on MvCI and SF would be just fine if Capcom went under and another game in either series was never released. It's like if the Uncharted series just stopped for me. I like the games, sure, but I wouldn't care if they stopped making them.

I think an important difference is that KOF fans are happy KOF exists at all. same maybe with ASW, dunno

NRS games have grown into their own thing; people expect different things from them and NRS has delivered

Tekken also is held to some of these standards; now they are adding Bowling mode which is just dumb and funny but I guess Tekken fans like that

but SF is the bigger franchise (at least than Tekken, KoF and NRS), and somehow it is held to a lower standard, and even then SFV largely didn't even hit it. honestly SF should not even launch without Alpha 3 world tour mode, or something, but that's way beyond the level of single player content that Capcom can release

Veal

Somebody ask if they're going to ever fix UI problems? I just reached the limit of replays you can apparently add and watch. You have to go in one by one and delete the replays to make "space". It's stuff like this that keeps people baffled about this game.

Top Bottom