• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Oh man....they should do Darkstalker costumes for halloween.

Chun-Li as morrigan
Cammy as Lilith
Zangief as Sasquatch
Mika as Felicia
Bison as Demitri
Ryu as Donovan
Rashid as Anakaris
Juri as Hsien Ko
Kolin as Bulleta
Birdie has Hutzil
Necalli as Talbain
Vega as Jedah
Fang as Albauth
Akuma as Bishamon

Pyron or Q bee are up in the air.

Hey woah 3 and a Chun Costume at a time.

Scotia

Banned
I love that they're doing remakes of old stages, I just wish they did them from other games. Getting sick of them remaking SF2 stages when Alpha and SF3 have dozens of (imo much better) stages to chose from.

Neoxon

I love that they're doing remakes of old stages, I just wish they did them from other games. Getting sick of them remaking SF2 stages when Alpha and SF3 have dozens of (imo much better) stages to chose from.
Alpha 2 technically got a remade stage via Forgotten Waterfall.

tumblr_osox7tOHLm1ulavcso1_1280.jpg

original character do not steal

Scotia

Banned
Alpha 2 technically got a remade stage via Forgotten Waterfall.

I'm afraid I'm gonna have to disagree with that. Yes it's a waterfall that many (including myself) thought was the same waterfall from Alpha but just from a different perspective when it was first reveale, but the fact it's in New Zealand (when the Alpha 2 stage was in Venezuela) and it's set halfway down the waterfall (opposed to the Alpha 2 stage being at the top) is reason enough for me to consider Forgotten Waterfall its own stage and not a remake. So yeah, still waiting for a non-SF2 stage remake.

Shadoken

I'm afraid I'm gonna have to disagree with that. Yes it's a waterfall that many (including myself) thought was the same waterfall from Alpha but just from a different perspective when it was first reveale, but the fact it's in New Zealand (when the Alpha 2 stage was in Venezuela) and it's set halfway down the waterfall (opposed to the Alpha 2 stage being at the top) is reason enough for me to consider Forgotten Waterfall its own stage and not a remake. So yeah, still waiting for a non-SF2 stage remake.

Yea its like Calling China or Shadaloo base stage a remake. Its just has some similar stage elements. But still different enough and not really a "Remake".

JusDoIt

They stole it from this original character

d271b3cf17eaad7b07d6b118d74644e5--woman-hairstyles-braid-hairstyles.jpg

Which was most likely inspired by Method Man. It's apparent when you watch Meth's "All I Need" and Alicia's "If I Ain't Got You" videos.

Meth's half-cornrowed hair was inspired by giving up in the middle of taking your braids out, of course.

Is Openrec supporting Topanga in someway? I see no reason why they would move to that platform on there own since they're losing so many viewers because of it.

Village

Copy ana from overwatch and put her in all fighting games, pls thanks

First Zafina, now Master Raven. I really love Tekken's diversity and that they even have characters speaking in their native languages. More fighting game franchises need this.

It was even before zafina

Tekken has always just had different ethnicity of people, and not stuck into archetypes either.

Like the first mui thai fighter in tekken is a black guy named bruce. Like you can be whatever color you want, and know whatever fighting style. Heck when they first revealed muigel in 6, when they got criticism for his design, instantly changed it in tag.

Tekken and their willingness to just have diversity on a whim is something I feel like they should get more credit for

I'm with you on the native language thing.

mbpm1

native languages were my favorite part of tekken tag 2 on first glance

I heard they're voiced poorly in tekken 7 if you know the language though, which is a bummer

also, zafina was nuts. 20 million stances

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Is Openrec supporting Topanga in someway? I see no reason why they would move to that platform on there own since they're losing so many viewers because of it.
Yes, they have a partnership. Not sure what that includes, but it started when they moved Topanga League from pay-per-view niconico for free that one time.

MrCarter

I don't think they should have had the Tekken characters speak to each other in their native tongue in story mode though. It was hard to suspend disbelief so I ended up turning that shit off.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, really? That was one of my favorite parts of that whole mode. I actually think all fighting game characters should speak their native language. I really like that in Tekken.

also, zafina was nuts. 20 million stances
I never got the chance to play with Zafina and it kills me.

Needlessly complicated, incredibly low-tier, Middle-Eastern, SMOKY EYE MAKEUP and a sultry voice.

Fucking hell it's a character made just for me :(
Wow, really? That was one of my favorite parts of that whole mode. I actually think all fighting game characters should speak their native language. I really like that in Tekken.
Agreed, I think every series should have it tbh. Who wouldn't love to see characters like Laura actually speak Portugese.

I don't understand the tweet, like Layo is telling "did I do that"... He does play Laura, no ?

And I don't see exactly what weird stuff happened exactly, help me !
There's a Rashid tech where if you do an EX projectile, cancel it into v-skill roll and neutral jump, the projectile will hit two out of three times and then keep going into the air because the vskill will move you and the opponent forward. When you make contact with it during he neutral jump, you get moved forward in the air and can crossup. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypj7TVEuz-0

He just did that only all 3 hits connected and the j.mk still managed to crossup

MrCarter

It's weird. In-game I don't mind it with the whole intros and stuff. Yet when they do it in a story mode it puts me off because suddenly everyone understands all languages all over the world lol.

Hyun Sai

There's a Rashid tech where if you do an EX projectile, cancel it into v-skill roll and neutral jump, the projectile will hit two out of three times and then keep going into the air because the vskill will move you and the opponent forward. When you make contact with it during he neutral jump, you get moved forward in the air and can crossup. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypj7TVEuz-0

He just did that only all 3 hits connected and the j.mk still managed to crossup

Oh, ok I didn't noticed the "cross up" because in my mind he was clearly in front lol.

I love it too. There's no denying that its kinda odd how everyone understands eachother in the story. But I'd put up with that to have more characters speaking in their native language any day.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Well I guess that explains why both character Ruben langdon plays having fucked up faces

Speaking of, I know there's already a Ken colour with white hair, but why doesn't he have a premium Dante costume? Base version would be DMC1 outfit, alt version would be shirtless under coat DMC3 outfit. Tah dah, season 3 fully funded.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Capcom leaking their own stuff again, I see. Maybe they'll update the PSN page again before release, too.

Top Bottom