• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Now I know we're talking about Abigail, but where does Zeku fall in terms of being a Street Fighter vs Final Fight character? He's only shown up in Street Fighter so far, but only in direct connection to the backstory of a Final Fight character. Does his connection with Guy pull him into Final Fight territory?

Ryce

Now I know we're talking about Abigail, but where does Zeku fall in terms of being a Street Fighter vs Final Fight character? He's only shown up in Street Fighter so far, but only in direct connection to the backstory of a Final Fight character. Does his connection with Guy pull him into Final Fight territory?
You can't really call Zeku a Final Fight character when he doesn't appear in any of the Final Fight games. He isn't even mentioned in them.

I just had a weird issue with the PC version. I beat a Birdie in the first game, 2nd match starts and I land a few hits I guess and then my stick stops working and the other guy proceeds to beat my Ryu senseless without even stopping to check if anything is going on. No mercy at all, he attacked relentlessly lol.

I unplug the controller and replug it, nothing changes. I restart the game and find out I have a few buttons working, but not all. For some reason the square button is now my X button. One other button works to go back and that's it. I turn off the PC version and turn on my PS4 and everything works just fine. PS3 mode on PC but that didn't help either.

I just bought the PC version a week ago, am I screwed already? Well actually no I'm not, since I have 5 other sticks I can bring out. But still the SFV MCZ one is my newest one and I would prefer to keep using it. Any idea what's going on?

What the christ guys, still nothing from Capcom?

I've been playing Skyrim the last week SFV's silence has gotten so boring.

I don't think her and makoto are alike... at all.

She's more like braindead abel
Laura and Makoto have a command grab (though vastly different in purpose) and that dash-in strike with the elbow and fist. Apart from that, I don't see much though.

Anyone claiming Laura is "not Street Fighter" is dead fucking wrong though.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I just had a weird issue with the PC version. I beat a Birdie in the first game, 2nd match starts and I land a few hits I guess and then my stick stops working and the other guy proceeds to beat my Ryu senseless without even stopping to check if anything is going on. No mercy at all, he attacked relentlessly lol.

I unplug the controller and replug it, nothing changes. I restart the game and find out I have a few buttons working, but not all. For some reason the square button is now my X button. One other button works to go back and that's it. I turn off the PC version and turn on my PS4 and everything works just fine. PS3 mode on PC but that didn't help either.

I just bought the PC version a week ago, am I screwed already? Well actually no I'm not, since I have 5 other sticks I can bring out. But still the SFV MCZ one is my newest one and I would prefer to keep using it. Any idea what's going on?

Does the game recognize your stick as a d-input controller and let you configure it? Maybe try deleting your input.ini files so they get recreated fresh. If you tried switching to PS3 mode and that didn't work, I'm out of suggestions. My Hori FC4 suddenly stopped working too, but switching it from PS4 to PS3 mode fixed it. If it no longer works with d-input, you could try x360ce. If that works, then you know the problem is the combination of the stick + d-input.

Maybe check the controller settings in Steam, too, but it seems unlikely that would be the issue if it just started suddenly after a week.

Bob White

Hmm, seems I only ban people with Mexican flags. Capcom bringing out the inner Trump in me?

in other news...

WHY THE FUCK IS A 5 BAR SETTING FROM SEATTLE GETTING MATCHED WITH PEOPLE FROM FUCKING MEXICO?

mbpm1

Why did they add the announcer lady anyway? I don't need a robot telling me unnecessary stuff, I'll just go to aris' channel for that

Why did they add the announcer lady anyway? I don't need a robot telling me unnecessary stuff, I'll just go to aris' channel for that

I can't even understand what she's saying half the time, it's mixed so bad with the music.

I think one of the things she tells you is if someone is using their main character. The rest, I have no idea.

you two are talking about different things entirely lol

lol Are we? What is he talking about? I thought Samantha was the voice actor for the SFV announcer bot.

See this is why people need to quote one another. Why wouldn't you quote the person you're responding to?

mbpm1

lol Are we? What is he talking about? I thought Samantha was the voice actor for the SFV announcer bot.

See this is why people need to quote one another. Why wouldn't you quote the person you're responding to?

Samantha is the bot on aris' stream.

The SFV voice announcer is not related art all.

He said Samantha bc I mentioned aris' stream.

Both of you failed the 50/50 though lol

Village

Laura is street fighter

shes in SFV why would she not be street fighter lol

Things that I am not familiar with are not " this game"

that's how it works. Its like how older players of tekken go " lars isn't tekken" and lars is like the most tekken character in design, backstory and moveset in existance. But he's new so, yeah.

This gets funny when its a popular character they say this about because they are claiming a popular character isn't popular and isn't " insert game" when the reality is, the audience decides that, and they decided the opposite of that opinion a long time ago.

People unable to look outside themselves, at least in terms of video games is funny

Hmm, seems I only ban people with Mexican flags. Capcom bringing out the inner Trump in me?

in other news...

WHY THE FUCK IS A 5 BAR SETTING FROM SEATTLE GETTING MATCHED WITH PEOPLE FROM FUCKING MEXICO?

Oh , I get fucking brazillian fisher price internet all the damn time

Village

Laura is like the most Street Fighter-ass Street Fighter character they've made in the last decade.

Eh, I would argue that that's abel. Or Gouken. Maybe hakan, but she's a street fighter character.

Though I would argue it isn't a good thing, I find that their best designs come from their usual " we stole a jojo ( juri/Necalli) or a comic book character ( c.Viper) or a real ass human ( Hugo/Yun/Yang/alex/Balrog/ ect ect ... they really like just stealing real people)"

Village

Yeah but Abel also has that dumb actually a robot clone man(?) thing going for him. Laura's just spunky cheesecake that'll beat you up.

Him being a weird ass bison body is still some pretty street fighter shit. Remember bison was doing that all the way back in the day with like cammy and shit

Bison really likes natural blonds.

Maybe bison is the lead art director on sfv. He didn't die, he just went to work at capcom

Him being a weird ass bison body is still some pretty street fighter shit. Remember bison was doing that all the way back in the day with like cammy and shit

Bison really likes natural blonds.

Maybe bison is the lead art director on sfv. He didn't die, he just went to work at capcom
lol Ok that was funny.

Remove the y and it takes on a whole new meaning.

kgP0xXa.png

Veal

Canadians are brigands haha! Either it's super aggressive rushdown with tons of mashing or it's the lamest, most passive scumbaggery that barely qualifies as playing the game haha. Does anyone else feel like this game promotes playing like a dick, at least a bit more than Ultra did?

mbpm1

Canadians are brigands haha! Either it's super aggressive rushdown with tons of mashing or it's the lamest, most passive scumbaggery that barely qualifies as playing the game haha. Does anyone else feel like this game promotes playing like a dick, at least a bit more than Ultra did?

SFV is all about disrespect

mbpm1

frame skips are starting to really kill online for me

what ports do you open again for this game? does that really help online?

Does the game recognize your stick as a d-input controller and let you configure it? Maybe try deleting your input.ini files so they get recreated fresh. If you tried switching to PS3 mode and that didn't work, I'm out of suggestions. My Hori FC4 suddenly stopped working too, but switching it from PS4 to PS3 mode fixed it. If it no longer works with d-input, you could try x360ce. If that works, then you know the problem is the combination of the stick + d-input.

Maybe check the controller settings in Steam, too, but it seems unlikely that would be the issue if it just started suddenly after a week.

I tried again, I did reconfigure my button layout and everything was fine for a little while. Then my stick stopped working against an Ed player and I got pounded in the 2nd match after winning the first. I restarted the game and it worked again for a while. And just a moment ago it happened again. Funny thing is that I actually rage quit because I happen to be facing a Karin player who was standing still doing nothing at all either. If nobody was there to take the easy quick victory then I might as well save these points lol.

I'm paranoid about playing on PC with this stick now. I may try one of the other options like you stated. Otherwise I may have to unretire my Qanba stick which was my main stick before the SFV MCZ one.

Top Bottom