• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Tizoc

*sigh*

Of all the characters they could have used, why Abigail 😩

I know right?
Should've been Maki or Haggar.
Or Maki.

But I've been fine with the recent additions in this game taht I really hope Abigail isn't a Hugo clone.

If we can't get Professor X in a (good) fighting game, at least give us Belger in a (good) one.

Wow the only two fighters with paraplegic characters both ended up being really bad.

I thought the whole "predicting 3 characters months before the season was even announced" thing was confirmation enough.

Though I guess we know for sure that shit's being announced at Evo now.

MrCarter

I thought the whole "predicting 3 characters months before the season was even announced" thing was confirmation enough.

Though I guess we know for sure that shit's being announced at Evo now.

I'm thinking comic-con actually. Either way I think he's releasing this month.

joe2187

Banned
If we can't get Professor X in a (good) fighting game, at least give us Belger in a (good) one.

Wow the only two fighters with paraplegic characters both ended up being really bad.

Belgar isnt paraplegic....he just likes rolling around in a wheelchari shaped like a car....

and he's not dead anymore (or it's a relative that looks just like him) but he's basically filling the role of Vince McMahoan in the Final Fight/Street Fighter canon now. He's the head of an entertainment wrestling corporation.

Only one that I can think of is Mitsuko Nonomura from Bloody Roar 1

Mitsuko_1h.jpg

First Zafina, now Master Raven. I really love Tekken's diversity and that they even have characters speaking in their native languages. More fighting game franchises need this.

After the first bloody roar they dropped her too

I still believe Capcom should reset rank. But instead of leaving it as it is, they should replace the current ranking with elo. The current ranking left a mess last year with rage quitters like WannaSeeMyKungFu sitting on 20k and left unpunished. With the elo, they can determine the player skill level by a set number of matches before being put into the appropriate rank. Obviously you can't go straight back to Master.

For RQ, it should be accumulated and de-rank players if they rq too many times by the end of the week and place a temporary ban up to a week if they keep RQ'ing. So that way if CFN craps out in the middle of a match, both players wouldn't be punished off the bat.

ShinMaruku

I would rather all the dlc stop and they redo the game and when that patch comes you add all those characters. Drip feed is not going to cut it. Games as service is the worst thing Capcom did. They do that like Blizzard does balance.

I really hope Abigail is not another grappler. This game needs less characters with command throws.

There are more fireball characters than command grab characters.

8 characters with command grabs (this includes Akuma, who isn't really a grappler)

18 characters with projectiles.

Yet, no one ever claims "there are two many fireball characters in the game".

SFV needs more characters with different mechanics. Killer Instinct does such a great job of providing this variation. I don't know why Capcom has to create so many snoozers.

Was just playing around with Ryu's st. HP in V trigger mode. Man it's so fucking good in that mode. You can special cancel it pretty late so for those with really good reactions, it's possible to do a single hit confirm into special. But what's so great about it is that DP hits from so far away. It will still combo from near max distance. When you land CC you have plenty of time to confirm and DP will always hit regardless of range.

So this is all the fun that I've been missing out on by not playing other characters like other characters like Balrog or Necalli. Come on Capcom, Ryu's already been nerfed to hell. He deserves to have this at all times instead of having it locked it behind V Trigger. I just want to play SFV like everybody else and flail heavy buttons at mid range.

SFV needs more characters with different mechanics. Killer Instinct does such a great job of providing this variation. I don't know why Capcom has to create so many snoozers.

Because for some reason, SF is the only game where people will actually get mad if the game gets TOO adventurous.

KI can add anybody they want, no one is ever going to say "this doesn't feel like Killer Instinct anymore!" Arc added an absurd character like Jack-O to GG, and no one will say "this doesn't feel like Guilt Gear anymore!"

But, the minute Capcom adds Laura, people flip out. "This doesn't feel like Street Fighter anymore!"

Yet having said that, SF5 does have a lot of unique mechanics for a SF game. Setting traps, strikers, poison, freeze mechanic, double jumping, time bombs, flight, unusual control schemes (Ed), Tager-like vaccum suction (Gief), Aegis, running, chain combos, OTG combos, combo-able throws, storing moves with independent meters (Juri/Ibuki), parry, meter/life stealing, stance switching, alpha counters, attack reversals (Kolin)...

This is the first time so many mechanics have been crammed into a single SF game, and miraculously, the game is pretty dang balanced.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Put all the final fight revenge characters in the game tbh. Edi.E's V Trigger is his patrol car. 10/10 game of the year

Because for some reason, SF is the only game where people will actually get mad if the game gets TOO adventurous.

KI can add anybody they want, no one is ever going to say "this doesn't feel like Killer Instinct anymore!" Arc added an absurd character like Jack-O to GG, and no one will say "this doesn't feel like Guilt Gear anymore!"

But, the minute Capcom adds Laura, people flip out. "This doesn't feel like Street Fighter anymore!"

Yet having said that, SF5 does have a lot of unique mechanics for a SF game. Setting traps, strikers, poison, freeze mechanic, double jumping, time bombs, flight, unusual control schemes (Ed), Tager-like vaccum suction (Gief), Aegis, running, chain combos, OTG combos, combo-able throws, storing moves with independent meters (Juri/Ibuki), parry, meter/life stealing, stance switching, alpha counters, attack reversals (Kolin)...

This is the first time so many mechanics have been crammed into a single SF game, and miraculously, the game is pretty dang balanced.

For once you aren't totally wrong. In fact, if those mechanics were common place people would throw a shitfit and call it anime.

The bigger issue is that the game needs something universal that allows people to work in their playstyle. Basically, just make v-skills viable for everyone, add a new one, and the work is done.

Above you, Rice was talking about how he loves being in V-Trigger mode. Maybe if Ryu's parry was a little bit better, he could reach it without having to have his face slammed in before it happens. As it stands, it's not worth the effort.

People just want the fun part more often, which is totally doable. Just a few more tweaks.

I by law have to play every FF character in a SF game.

FUCKING
SAME.

JusDoIt

Dat Woshige influence. You can tell they were trying to see how much Guilty Gear they could sneak into Street Fighter without anybody noticing.

And anybody saying Laura ain't Street Fighter needs to say the same about 3S Makoto, because Laura is basically a toned down 3S Makoto.

Sayad

Dat Woshige influence. You can tell they were trying to see how much Guilty Gear they could sneak into Street Fighter without anybody noticing.

And anybody saying Laura ain't Street Fighter needs to say the same about 3S Makoto, because Laura is basically a toned down 3S Makoto.
Does anyone really say this seriously?!

Top Bottom