• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Scotia

Banned
E3 is all about MvCI.

Fuck, I knew this would happen. That's a small portion of my hype for E3 gone now. Shit sucks for those like me who just don't care about MvCI. Didn't Ono say that there would be some big announcements for SFV at E3, or has MvCI just pushed those aside?

Character 4 is closer than you think. Remember - he was scheduled for June.

That's good at least. Two characters right after each other is always good.

lupinko

I have $4 remaining from buying Alien Isolation with all the dlc, which battle costume do I buy?

Haven't bought:

- Ken
- Nash
- Dhalsim
- Vega
- Karin
- Mika

Of course this was prior to that bundle coming out (also that bundle is quite pricey since I'm looking at Canadian prices, but the older costumes like the aforementioned battle costumes are still using the old on par prices to the US price).

I've bought costumes (premium and story) for pretty much everybody but Dhalsim.

I guess Dhalsim? Or he can continue to wait?

Scotia

Banned
Played the beta. Ed is cool, would love to try him in training but I'll have to wait for him to come out I guess. If this beta's done anything, it's made me realize why I never play online and has guaranteed that I will stay away from online permanently.

Fuck, I knew this would happen. That's a small portion of my hype for E3 gone now. Shit sucks for those like me who just don't care about MvCI. Didn't Ono say that there would be some big announcements for SFV at E3, or has MvCI just pushed those aside?

That's good at least. Two characters right after each other is always good.

The exact quote was "Around E3 timing, maybe even San Diego Comic-Con, we have one or two surprises we hope our fans will look forward to", so I guess the timing could be a bit nebulous. Hopefully there's at least something around E3, even if the focus is on MvC.

I have $4 remaining from buying Alien Isolation with all the dlc, which battle costume do I buy?

Haven't bought:

- Ken
- Nash
- Dhalsim
- Vega
- Karin
- Mika

Of course this was prior to that bundle coming out (also that bundle is quite pricey since I'm looking at Canadian prices, but the older costumes like the aforementioned battle costumes are still using the old on par prices to the US price).

Nash

Haven't bought:

- Ken
- Nash
- Dhalsim
- Vega
- Karin
- Mika

I vote R.Mika.
IMO she has one of the best Battle costumes:
005.png

Kashiwaba

Played the beta. Ed is cool, would love to try him in training but I'll have to wait for him to come out I guess. If this beta's done anything, it's made me realize why I never play online and has guaranteed that I will stay away from online permanently.

Why is that?

Edzi

It's just not for me. I get pissed off easily and seem to always happen to fight Ryu's who spam punches the whole time. It just annoys me. I guess I don't have the patience for it and I'd rather just play vs CPU.

Lol, it's a fighting game, of course he's gonna be punching you.

Scotia

Banned
Lol, it's a fighting game, of course he's gonna be punching you.

No, I mean spamming it the whole match and countering every attack I do. It's gets annoying very quickly.

I don't expect people to understand, seeing as this community is so online-based, but that's my reasoning. It's why I only post here when character or story stuff happens.

Grakl

No, I mean spamming it the whole match and countering every attack I do. It's gets annoying very quickly.
Why are you even playing fighting games, do you complain when people go faster than you in racing games or slice you in dark souls

No, I mean spamming it the whole match and countering every attack I do. It's gets annoying very quickly. I know it's a fucking fighting game, otherwise I wouldn't play it.

I don't expect people to understand, seeing as this community is so online-based, but that's my reasoning. It's why I only post here when character or story stuff happens.

Just keep playing the game however you like.
There's nothing wrong with that.

Pundere

Really wish there was at least training mode while waiting for matches. Ed seems cool, but trying to learn a character on the fly in matches fucking sucks

Scotia

Banned
Why are you even playing fighting games, do you complain when people go faster than you in racing games or slice you in dark souls

I wasn't even complaining in the first place but whatever, I didn't expect most people here to get it and you fit my expectations.

Ucchedavāda;236570898 said:
Just keep playing the game however you like.
There's nothing wrong with that.

Thanks, that's what I intend to do.

Wallach

Really wish there was at least training mode while waiting for matches. Ed seems cool, but trying to learn a character on the fly in matches fucking sucks

If you're on PC there is already a training mode .pak mod.

He seems pretty cool, I'll probably play him for a while at least. He really can't confirm into anything beyond point blank though, people are right about that.

Kashiwaba

Just remember it's a game no need to stress yourself and just try to have fun playing it.

Rymuth

Ed is not only a fun character to play but to watch as well. That PR Rog vs Dr Smuggles match up was delicious spectacle.

Pompadour

The exact quote was "Around E3 timing, maybe even San Diego Comic-Con, we have one or two surprises we hope our fans will look forward to", so I guess the timing could be a bit nebulous. Hopefully there's at least something around E3, even if the focus is on MvC.

Evo is smack dab between those events and where I'd expect any big news to be released.

Sayad

Not sure who here was asking about changes to the netcode, but they definitely touched up the netcode in CFN 2.0, even if they never talked about it.

myco666

People RQ in casual matches and battle lounges...

No point in asking why, that's the way it is.

Yeah thats true and tbf I also would be salty as fuck if I got hit by fullscreen dolphin dive lmao.

Happens to me in every beta I played in this game, it's a good thing since the new honor system should be applied in this beta and it needs to be tested.

Oh definitely is a good thing it gets tested. Wasn't the one they put in December a total fiasco?

MechaX

Just remember it's a game no need to stress yourself and just try to have fun playing it.

I've been playing this almost exclusively for the past two weeks and I am still trying to find the fun as opposed to irrevocable increases in my blood pressure

It stops the people you add to it from showing up in matchmaking.

I would say that's a bad thing for the long run. I can see it now, people complaining about matchmaking times while having 400 people blacklisted lol. It will be interesting to see how many players use it as an "I don't want to lose to this guy anymore" list.

It will bring us back to the SF4 days where people would refuse to ever fight you again.

Pompadour

I would say that's a bad thing for the long run. I can see it now, people complaining about matchmaking times while having 400 people blacklisted lol. It will be interesting to see how many players use it as an "I don't want to lose to this guy anymore" list.

It will bring us back to the SF4 days where people would refuse to ever fight you again.

Lol people complain already that they can't pick their Ranked opponents, claiming that it's a missing feature.

Top Bottom