• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I tried again, I did reconfigure my button layout and everything was fine for a little while. Then my stick stopped working against an Ed player and I got pounded in the 2nd match after winning the first. I restarted the game and it worked again for a while. And just a moment ago it happened again. Funny thing is that I actually rage quit because I happen to be facing a Karin player who was standing still doing nothing at all either. If nobody was there to take the easy quick victory then I might as well save these points lol.

I'm paranoid about playing on PC with this stick now. I may try one of the other options like you stated. Otherwise I may have to unretire my Qanba stick which was my main stick before the SFV MCZ one.
That's weird. It really sounds like your stick is the issue but you said that it worked fine on console. Did you play on console long enough to see whether it would suddenly stop working like it does on PC?

Ryce

If I had to guess:

Evo - Abigail (it makes sense to reveal a character in front of a big audience of dedicated fighting game fans)
Comic-Con - 30th anniversary nostalgia costumes, maybe a new stage

Pompadour

You finished survival extreme?! :\

I did it as well with Urien's light Knee Dive over and over. However, I did that back in Season 1 and then Season 2 hit a few days later and I attempted Urien's Hard Survival the same way. Whatever AI exploit I was abusing with his Knee Dive was mostly fixed in S2 because Hard took more tries to beat than Extreme.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah the survival one is the only one I'm missing and it is ridiculous. You can really only get it with exploits and I think they've mostly been patched.

When your EVO winner can't even come close (Infiltration streamed himself playing it), you might want to rethink your mode.

MrCarter

If I had to guess:

Evo - Abigail (it makes sense to reveal a character in front of a big audience of dedicated fighting game fans)

That's why I said Comic Con because, at times, Capcom doesn't make any sense when it comes to reveals. Hopefully you're right.

Yeah the survival one is the only one I'm missing and it is ridiculous. You can really only get it with exploits and I think they've mostly been patched.

When your EVO winner can't even come close (Infiltration streamed himself playing it), you might want to rethink your mode.

To be fair, fighting the CPU is a whole different mindset that most top players can't do.

Still, the CPU and requirements to beat Survival Mode are ABSOLUTELY SILLY.

Bob White

They don't owe us anything. Be happy you got weekly mission that randomly don't appear one week because of...reasons? And then also be happy those same missions come back up a week later with no explanation on the previous week.

Communication like that takes effort, homie

That's weird. It really sounds like your stick is the issue but you said that it worked fine on console. Did you play on console long enough to see whether it would suddenly stop working like it does on PC?

I didn't want to go out like that and started playing on PS4. I played over an hour I think with no problems. I'll have to do a long session console to truly know though but my guess is that it's a problem between this particular stick and my PC.

Rymuth

You can curbstomp it with Rashid's Eagle strike. That hasn't been patched out (yet)

Just be wary of F.A.N.G around fight 58. He's there to cockblock your trophy from you.

So is this game broken online now? Haven't played since the big CFN update and now every match is horribly laggy. Also I can't find anyone in ranked or casual.

mbpm1

If I had to guess:

Nostalgia costume announcement = This month
Nostalgia costumes release = season 3

Bob White

So is this game broken online now? Haven't played since the big CFN update and now every match is horribly laggy. Also I can't find anyone in ranked or casual.

It is for me. This weekend has been worse than ever. I just don't get it. How is this product still so ass? How come a game like League of Legends or COD have huge player bases online and still function awesomely? Yet, this fucking game goes more than 2 weeks without "maintenance" and online goes to fucking shit. Does this game need a weekly 24 down time day to make sure things run properly?

How are things still so bad? Every game I've had this weekend is horrid. And it's against people who I KNOW I have a good connection with.

Laura's v-trigger should be 3 bars. Karin's as well. Actually anybody without a One time use trigger should be 3 bars. Except for fang.

mbpm1

Man, running into actually good people online is still p cool. I encountered GentlemanThief twice yesterday and he smacked me up. At least I got a match though but that Juri is tricky.

It is for me. This weekend has been worse than ever. I just don't get it. How is this product still so ass? How come a game like League of Legends or COD have huge player bases online and still function awesomely? Yet, this fucking game goes more than 2 weeks without "maintenance" and online goes to fucking shit. Does this game need a weekly 24 down time day to make sure things run properly?

How are things still so bad? Every game I've had this weekend is horrid. And it's against people who I KNOW I have a good connection with.

So it's not just me? Even 5 bar matches will be okay and then drop frames halfway through a jump in and then I get smacked lol

Neoxon

Of course my older sister hogs the TV the one time I need to do SFV missions. Thankfully I was able to do most of them via Remote Play, but the Trials 1-5 is hard to do via Remote Play since I can't use my stick on it.

Bob White

Ummm, you think I'm joking? I'm fucking not, dude. I pick her Halloween costume, and the game starts to desync as soon as I start moving back and forth. I am not making this shit up.

Dizzy
Ryu/Ken V trigger
Cammy Super
Necalli V trigger
Bison V Trigger
Vega Stage cage drop at start of match

All of these things no bullshit make the game desync and run like shit for me. I'm not attacking just to attack. What I am is fucking salty that when I finally get the time off, this fucking game does every thing it can to make me play something else.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I know about the dizzy, which is probably because people start mashing and the netcode doesn't like it, but I kinda doubt the rest...

I don't think you're joking, but what you think you're seeing isn't what is happening.
Alpha layers aren't going to cause a desync ffs.

Neoxon

SneakersSO been awfully quiet here in the last 9 days. We need dat new SFV scoop from him :(
To be fair, we basically got confirmation of the remainder of Season 2 thanks to the Abigail leak on the CFN site. All there is now to hype up are stages & costumes until Season 3.

Last night I was kicking ass, not losing a single match.

Today my timing is off hitting a basic four hit combo in practice.

What's going on with my brain?

Boogins

So I have a friend who is just getting into the game and fighting games in general. He says he hates playing with me as practice because he doesn't feel like he is learning at all. How can I help him get better or are there any solid resources for beginners.

So I have a friend who is just getting into the game and fighting games in general. He says he hates playing with me as practice because he doesn't feel like he is learning at all. How can I help him get better or are there any solid resources for beginners.

Well if he has a Xbox One or a good PC, he can always learn from the Dojo Mode in Killer Instinct.

Has he gone through the demonstrations? They're basic but they talk about beginner fighting game mechanics.

Giefs gym is also good material to read and practice.

Top Bottom