• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

ElFly

Do you guys think they revisit Ed at some point? He's the only charcter (maybe besides Juri) that feels a bit rushed to me. I especially hate how so many of his specials whiff after a lot of cancels.

hopefully

maybe also make his super a single fireball

Ryce

X-Kira says we're getting a Mad Gear Hideout stage alongside Abigail. He has a good track record when it comes to stages (he posted about the Dubai and Spain stages weeks in advance).

Pompadour

X-Kira says we're getting a Mad Gear Hideout stage alongside Abigail. He has a good track record when it comes to stages (he posted about the Dubai and Spain stages weeks in advance).

The Mad Gear Hideout stage was the best stage in both SFxT and USF4.

Pompadour

Wrong.

Best stage in SFxT was cosmic elevator and SF4 was Overpass.

Overpass was the best before USF4. Cosmic Elevator is only in contention because of Mecha Zangief.

The worst stage in SFxT is whatever that shitty stage with the robot seizing in the background (worst way to premiere a new game, too). I'm not sure for SF4 but I remember most of the vanilla stages being incredibly bland. SSF4 stages were on a whole other level.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
That's the same guy that said the wrestling stage (not the CPT one) is coming and I think Dan, too.

Neoxon

The only stage he misled us on was the CWA wrestling stage. But yeah, X-Kira is generally on-point when it comes to stages.

Ryce

This is just a prediction, but I'm thinking Abigail's character story might play out like this:
  1. The opening slides establish Abigail as the new Mad Gear leader, holding Guy hostage in his hideout
  2. Chun-Li shows up to arrest Abigail, but Abigail defeats her
  3. Balrog (or Birdie, for comic relief) shows up looking for work, but Abigail defeats him
  4. Story ends on a slide of Zeku perched on a building like Batman, overlooking the Mad Gear hideout, having tracked down Guy's location
The final four characters of this season seem to have an alternating relationship with each other. Menat's story will probably pick up where Ed's left off, and Zeku's will probably pick up where Abigail's left off.

sephi22

Pitstop 109 is the best stage. Come at me.
It has the best theme too (SFxT strictly).

Mad gear hideout is a close second with that final round theme

This is just a prediction, but I'm thinking Abigail's character story might play out like this:
  1. The opening slides establish Abigail as the new Mad Gear leader, holding Guy hostage in his hideout
  3. Balrog (or Birdie, for comic relief) shows up looking for work, but Abigail defeats him
  4. Story ends on a slide of Zeku perched on a building like Batman, overlooking the Mad Gear hideout, having tracked down Guy's location
The final four characters of this season seem to have an alternating relationship with each other. Menat's story will probably pick up where Ed's left off, and Zeku's will probably pick up where Abigail's left off.

Does Chun even know about that city? But everything else looks like it's going to happen.

Neoxon

I'm not sure if they'd use Chun-Li in the Season 2 stories. Laura Bailey already did her voice in this game & she's likely busy with a ton of mo-capping for other games at the moment. It'd be kinda weird to hear 2 different voices for Chun in SFV.

A few lines shouldn't take too long, I'd assume. Or maybe they recorded that while other stuff got left behind.

SFIV had a Metro City construction stage, so probably? The SF fighters are pretty well-traveled.

Ah that's true.

God I hope he's a sick character. I've kind of settled on a zoning, aggressive based playstyle but I'm willing to go grappler with gimmicks ala Birdie but more aggressive if Abby has that playstyle.

ElFly

why would you want that, I play ed. Why to god would you want that.

Maybe just add 2 supers for everyone. But by god, why would you want that lame shit

because all his inputs are simplified but for whatever reason his super is a double input

maybe make it pressing all six buttons, dunno

joe2187

Banned
Pitstop 109 is the best stage. Come at me.
It has the best theme too (SFxT strictly).

Mad gear hideout is a close second with that final round theme

You are a maniac.

Most garish of all the stages I've ever seen and that fucking music that sped up 1000xs during low health was like a thousand bees throwing themselves into a jet engine that produced high frequency farts.

Ryce

I'm hoping Abigail is a massive character who has to slouch to avoid covering the health bar, swinging his long arms around like tree trunks. He might have a command grab, but I'm expecting him to be more of a hard-hitting armored tank than a traditional grappler.

Remember when Ono said that there might be a character in season two who only uses four attack buttons? I wonder if he was talking about Abigail. He might be so powerful that his mediums essentially function as hard attacks.

I just realized we're technically getting two FF characters in this season full of newcomers, and neither of them is Haggar.

I guess being the Mayor of Earth is too big a job to be dealing with some psycho who thinks he's Hitler.

I’m hoping Abigail is a massive character who has to slouch to avoid covering the health bar, swinging his long arms around like tree trunks. He might have a command grab, but I’m expecting him to be more of a hard-hitting armored tank than a traditional grappler.
If Capcom wants to go all out in innovation/ballsyness/stupidity, they should make Abigail the only character you can't jump over with normal jumps. To compensate for that big advantage, he should be so tall that all of his "lows" still hit high and can be stand-blocked.

sephi22

You are a maniac.

Most garish of all the stages I've ever seen and that fucking music that sped up 1000xs during low health was like a thousand bees throwing themselves into a jet engine that produced high frequency farts.

I'm not talking about whatever shitty modifications that happen during low health,.
I'm talking about this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sxcd6x1hDVc
And this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZBsKL6adxQ

Learn some culture.

I'm hoping Abigail is a massive character who has to slouch to avoid covering the health bar, swinging his long arms around like tree trunks. He might have a command grab, but I'm expecting him to be more of a hard-hitting armored tank than a traditional grappler.

Remember when Ono said that there might be a character in season two who only uses four attack buttons? I wonder if he was talking about Abigail. He might be so powerful that his mediums essentially function as hard attacks.

Expecting his high level play to just consist of spacing with one or two high priority buttons and one special move, and barely any combos. Like Chang KOF14 play.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6FEL80151E&t=27m49s
A character like that can really work in a simplistic engine like this one. I'm expecting a lot of salt at low levels of play coming from this character tho

Ryce

I just realized we're technically getting two FF characters in this season full of newcomers, and neither of them is Haggar.

I guess being the Mayor of Earth is too big a job to be dealing with some psycho who thinks he's Hitler.
I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom wants to keep Haggar exclusive to MvC.

Devid905

I hope the Mad Gear Hideout stage is very different than the one presented in both USF4 and SFxT. I'm not a fan of seeing all the gang members dancing and running around in the background and such. -__-

Shadoken

Remake of Guy A2 stage, plz.

The GOAT Stage

a37c29807cdf91d9cd76642fb7883dac--street-fighter-alpha--fighting-games.jpg

Shadoken

Naah.. I think he is 99% going to just be some jobber like Birdie. Really doubt he is going to get strong enough to beat Guy,Chun Li and Balrog.

Am predicting Abigail story mode will tease some new FF main villain and he is just going to job for him while meeting some other chars.

Zekus entry is curious though , Dont know if he will be involved in a FF Story arc or something related to illuminati/Shadoloo. Even Guy in previous games seemed to be the only FF character who gets involved in both.

Top Bottom