• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Hey can you normal throw Akuma during his f.hp when he's in the air because I think I just did. Or it was lag.

Probably lag because that move is designed to be throw bait. But frames 7-29 of it's 33-frame startup is throw invulnerable so maybe your throw was late enough to catch it before it became active?

Boogins

Gief's Gym is pretty great, check out that link above. You can also by the book for around £5.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01JZMN6WC/

Have your friend read through and do the exercises from this wiki page:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/wiki/v/giefsgym

Has he gone through the demonstrations? They're basic but they talk about beginner fighting game mechanics.

Giefs gym is also good material to read and practice.

Thank you for all for the help I did send him the giefs gym link (don't know how I forgot about that) he is gonna try and slowly go through everything and absorb as much as he can.

Hey guys,

Just decided to check this game out again after not having played for a long time. I have yet to find a single ranked match after looking many times during the weekend. Is ranked mode completely dead?

Anyone want to add me to play matches? My steam name is brian94709. I'm on the west coast USA. Let me know yours if you want to play. I have good fundamentals, but not too much experience with SFV.

Ganyc

Hey guys,

Just decided to check this game out again after not having played for a long time. I have yet to find a single ranked match after looking many times during the weekend. Is ranked mode completely dead?

Anyone want to add me to play matches? My steam name is brian94709. I'm on the west coast USA. Let me know yours if you want to play. I have good fundamentals, but not too much experience with SFV.

if you haven't played in a long time you probably don't have the handshake icon yet. Play a few casual matches until you get the handshake icon and you will find matches way faster.

Hey guys,

As mnz writes, it may be a NAT problem.
You can try to search for battle-lounges, and see what the connections indicators look like. If the only connections you see are unresolved and 2 or (maybe) 3 bars, then you are probably unable to connect directly, and are being tunneled through Capcom's servers.

I feel all street fighter discussions should be followed by a brief questionare...

How many SF games have you played and when did you play them?
When did you start playing SF?
How good are you at the game?
What character(s) do you main?

This is not to discredit anybody because everybodies opinion is valid(expect people that play Laura), but it would be easier to sort through the madness if this info was known.Different levels of players see things in diffferent lights.

This would be helpful in conversations such as balance, this is not SF to me, ranking SF games, and technical disscussions. What do you think?

Also I know this will just turn into an elitist vs casual thing because thats what everything turns into at some point.

The problem is, once people start getting more invested with the game, they want their character to be stronger, and they put themselves in a bubble. It doesn't mean their opinions are wrong, necessarily. It just means it has bias.

And I've seen way too many pro players downplay their characters.

I think balance should be determined by the feeling of balance and the technicality of balance. SFV is obviously in the latter, as results show. Only three characters aren't really doing shit. But the feeling of getting steamrolled, the stress of the game, and the lack of defensive options makes it really hard to play for everyone.

Like, sure, you COULD technically position yourself so that you aren't corner carried but nobody is perfect and shit just happens in a match.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
No need for all those questions to have a relevant opinion.

Just needed for GAF "3s is the best fighting game ever" posters

Sayad

Just need for GAF "3s is the best fighting game ever" posters
Can't argue with this tbh, best version of Sakura = best version of SF.
akIB3Zy.png

Spuck-uk

Banned
SFV is the most balanced first iteration* of any mainline SF game. I don't think it's a great game at all, but the balance is pretty good.

*seasons don't count.**

**SF4 Ultra was better balanced, but that took years.

Skilletor

SFV is the most balanced first iteration* of any mainline SF game. I don't think it's a great game at all, but the balance is pretty good.

*seasons don't count.**

**SF4 Ultra was better balanced, but that took years.

Yeah, it's rough comparing the final version of games that took years to get there to the first year (1.5 years) of the newest thing.

I made that joke in the thread but no one noticed :(

I noticed!

sephi22

Man is Capcpom ever going to add any more Dhalsim costumes or should I just give up hope? After cleansing myself with some time apart from the game, I'm back in the muddy waters and all these characters getting school costumes and shit while Dhalsim still has booty for costumes. Capcom doesn't know what to do with him so all of his costumes are just variations of traditional Indian village gear. Him being bottom 3 played characters doesn't help.

He probably isn't getting shit for Xmas. Capcom probably thinking no one celebrates X-mas in India but the huge marketing/shopping power of X-mas even reaches there. He better get something for halloween. Otherwise only chance is Filipino champ winning Capcom cup and making a costume for the bundle next year.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Do you guys think they revisit Ed at some point? He's the only charcter (maybe besides Juri) that feels a bit rushed to me. I especially hate how so many of his specials whiff after a lot of cancels.

Pompadour

No need for all those questions to have a relevant opinion.

Just needed for GAF "3s is the best fighting game ever" posters

But it is tho

Honestly, I think the only SF games people don't get shit for making their favorite is A2 or ST.

Teh Lurv

It seems like Ed usage has significantly spiked this week in the Silver leagues since Justin Wong won with Ed. In the last couple of days I went to almost never getting matched with Ed to every other match.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
It seems like Ed usage has significantly spiked this week in the Silver leagues since Justin Wong won with Ed. In the last couple of days I went to almost never getting matched with Ed to every other match.
Well and ISDD os using him now, who is (for whatever reason) maybe the biggest SFV streamer.

And in those 2 months i've beaten maybe 2 Eds

For me it's been quite the opposite. On my new PC account that I've only had since last week Ed is the character I've faced the 3rd most. Only behind Ryu at #2 and Nash at #1.

Do you guys think they revisit Ed at some point? He's the only charcter (maybe besides Juri) that feels a bit rushed to me. I especially hate how so many of his specials whiff after a lot of cancels.

I think they do. This idea of giving him a built in weakness by making players terrified of special whiffing seems like an experiment. Did they think he'd be too good if all that stuff was guaranteed? That doesn't seem to be the case and he could definitely use a safer option. But maybe Capcom is determined to keep him designed that way .

Top Bottom