• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Neoxon

Sagat, Sakura, Viper, Oro, Q, Necro. Not real, though. The "leaker", Riku, is full of shit. From everything I've read, he doesn't have a single ounce of credibility.
The only reason anyone's paying that list any mind is because Alex Valle mentioned it on his Twitter, plus there were some notable guys in the FGC (BornFree, for example) backing it up.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Sagat, Sakura, Viper, Oro, Q, Necro. Not real, though. The "leaker", Riku, is full of shit. From everything I've read, he doesn't have a single ounce of credibility.

To be fair, Riku just took many rumors from different leakers and put them together as if he came up with the leak himself. Sagat, Sakura, Viper, Oro, Q, and Necro rumor didn't came from Riku originally,. It was someone else tho.

histopher

I doubt it. Not sure how reliable the guy is, but Flowtron, the guy who was talking about this season's characters as far back as October, mentioned on Eventhubs that Sagat and Sakura are in next season, and the other 4 aren't. Of course, grain of salt and all that, but he seems legit enough to me.

Oh wow. Did Flowtron say anything else about season 3? Dude is legit imo.

Neoxon

I doubt it. Not sure how reliable the guy is, but Flowtron, the guy who was talking about this season's characters as far back as October, mentioned on Eventhubs that Sagat and Sakura are in next season, and the other 4 aren't. Of course, grain of salt and all that, but he seems legit enough to me.
Huh, that's news to me.

After E3, CEO, and pretty much every single other event since Kolin's launch party, I'm just going to have low expectations and hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Expecting more nostalgia costumes and Abby. Maybe possibly (like 30% chance) we hear about arcade or some other mode. That's it.

Man Kolin is easily the most confusing new fighter to learn how to fight IMO. Ed is even newer but I got the hang of fighting and punishing his moves almost immediately. On the other hand I've lost to several who seem to be able to only do two things, V Skill and Vanity Edge>something. I just started playing again a few weeks ago so she's still very new to me.

I'm finally now studying her moves list and frames. So many moves and numbers to remember though. She's minus a lot on so many moves, but these online Kolin players are so yolo with her. Really it's the Vanity edge follow up moves that keeps getting me because I keep sitting there trying to block it and block it wrong. I guess what I should be doing is to try to DP on reaction when I see forward movement.

mbpm1

Man Kolin is easily the most confusing new fighter to learn how to fight IMO. Ed is even newer but I got the hang of fighting and punishing his moves almost immediately. On the other hand I've lost to several who seem to be able to only do two things, V Skill and Vanity Edge>something. I just started playing again a few weeks ago so she's still very new to me.

I'm finally now studying her moves list and frames. So many moves and numbers to remember though. She's minus a lot on so many moves, but these online Kolin players are so yolo with her. Really it's the Vanity edge follow up moves that keeps getting me because I keep sitting there trying to block it and block it wrong. I guess what I should be doing is to try to DP on reaction when I see forward movement.

Kolin is easy to fight if you know two moves

How to punish her v-skill (-7)
How to react to blocked hands (-4 at best, easy to tell the different strengths which become -6 to - much more)

Vanity edge stuff isn't real, just jump whenever you see her come forward after a backsway

Oh yeah, and respect the v-skill.

Vanity edge stuff isn't real, just jump whenever you see her come forward after a backsway

Wow, I'm an idiot. That didn't even cross my mind. Every time I'd see her do that back step I would just freeze and wonder what kind of follow up she'd do next.

And that V Skill, you're right, it deserves some respect. But at -7 I very much look forward to blocking it from now on.

For some reason I want Blanka in the game now. Is there something wrong with me?
Clearly. You suffer from the same disease as this man.

mentioned on Eventhubs that Sagat and Sakura are in next season
pfzgjrW.gif

Ryu to Rashid: "Say, have you heard something about an old rival of mine? His name's Sagat."

Rashid to Ryu: "Wait, you mean THAT Sagat? I heard he got asked by some Japanese company to make a videogame based on his life. Heard he's pretty busy!"

Top Bottom