• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Ryce

Naah.. I think he is 99% going to just be some jobber like Birdie. Really doubt he is going to get strong enough to beat Guy,Chun Li and Balrog.
I don't think they'd make Abigail a jobber when he was the penultimate boss in Final Fight and the enforcer of the Mad Gear Gang. He's already superficially similar to Birdie so they'd probably want to take him in the opposite direction where he's anything but comic relief.

sephi22

Naah.. I think he is 99% going to just be some jobber like Birdie.
Any man who's Karin's boy toy is not a jobber. He wins at life. She's feeding him tons of meat in return for the BBC.
Atleast that's what I got from story mode.

Zekus entry is curious though , Dont know if he will be involved in a FF Story arc or something related to illuminati/Shadoloo. Even Guy in previous games seemed to be the only FF character who gets involved in both.
I think they're adding Zeku so that we can get a serious ninja who's not a schoolgirl like Ibuki or sidekick/comic relief like Guy.

So that's why you played birdie
Pretty much, yes.

I <3 characters that might not have the most maneuverability but getting close to them when they can react is a death sentence for the opponent. It's also why I like RAAM.
400ytM5.png

Even if they aren't truly a grappling character, I'll still love me some Abby. Hugo like moves are still a fun time. I just wanna have a reason to drop Birdie because I'm tired of playing the reading game all day. Or maybe I just don't like his moveset all that much anymore I don't know.

I don't think they'd make Abigail a jobber when he was the penultimate boss in Final Fight and the enforcer of the Mad Gear Gang. He's already superficially similar to Birdie so they'd probably want to take him in the opposite direction where he's anything but comic relief.

FF has been treated like comic relief for a while now though.

I mean that with Hugo and Rol and the like. None of them are doing anything big in terms of making a ruckus in the city.

mbpm1

Pretty much, yes.

I <3 characters that might not have the most maneuverability but getting close to them when they can react is a death sentence for the opponent. It's also why I like RAAM.
That's interesting. Same character but I came at raam bc I wanted to step on people and terrify them with constant standing resets.

I mean similar concepts but different focus really. I would have been happy with speed on top of it

That's interesting. Same character but I came at raam bc I wanted to step on people and terrify them with constant standing resets.

I mean similar concepts but different focus really. I would have been happy with speed on top of it
The same reason is why I like Orchid. I can just so cleanly stay away from people's normal ranges, and punish. Or at a range where one AA cr.hp can lead into some insane juggles and if I have meter, possibly around 30% damage right there. I tried to get into Kim Wu but she was too pressure heavy for my taste.

Say what you want, most characters in KI are versatile enough where 3 people can legitimately play them in 3 different ways. When Kilgore dropped, it took people like 3-4 weeks just to figure out the ideal way to play the damn character, let alone find out tech and unique setups.

Btw, you should really look at Hisako. She's got awesome normal ranges, easy confirms, incredibly dangerous resets and command grabs and pretty solid mobility between her wall jump, teleport and dashes.

mbpm1

The same reason is why I like Orchid. I can just so cleanly stay away from people's normal ranges, and punish. Or at a range where one AA cr.hp can lead into some insane juggles and if I have meter, possibly around 30% damage right there. I tried to get into Kim Wu but she was too pressure heavy for my taste.

Ah, I tried to play kim bc long range is cool and the ki guide said she was like chun and I didn't want to play chun in sfv s1. I didn't appreciate how she got steamrolled though or the low damage, which I guess is like sfv chun s2.

Btw, you should really look at Hisako. She's got awesome normal ranges, easy confirms, incredibly dangerous resets and command grabs and pretty solid mobility between her wall jump, teleport and dashes.
its been a bit since I've played ki, but I did like her when I tried her out.

Ah, I tried to play kim bc long range is cool and the ki guide said she was like chun and I didn't want to play chun in sfv s1. I didn't appreciate how she got steamrolled though or the low damage, which I guess is like sfv chun s2.
It just felt so weird playing Kim Wu. In theory, she seemed like such a good character.

But she is SO fundamental based with such limited oki in a game where half the cast is flying about the screen or hitting you from a full screen away and everything that she just feels so weak.

She has to take a lot of risk to get shit done. At least her Shadow Dragon Kick ender is quite possibly the most damaging shadow ender in the game. I always make the Kreygasm face whenever I use a level 4 shadow dragon kick as an ender BECAUSE THE DAMAGE.

She is just WAY too honest in a game that's become incredibly less about risk/reward and more about using specials and guesses. Similar problem that Orchid has but at least Orchid has in the insane okizene and setups to make up for it.

mbpm1

It just felt so weird playing Kim Wu. In theory, she seemed like such a good character.

But she is SO fundamental based with such limited oki in a game where half the cast is flying about the screen or hitting you from a full screen away and everything that she just feels so weak.

She has to take a lot of risk to get shit done. At least her Shadow Dragon Kick ender is quite possibly the most damaging shadow ender in the game. I always make the Kreygasm face whenever I use a level 4 shadow dragon kick as an ender BECAUSE THE DAMAGE.

She is just WAY too honest in a game that's become incredibly less about risk/reward and more about using specials and guesses. Similar problem that Orchid has but at least Orchid has in the insane okizene and setups to make up for it.
even basic things like Nagoya wind kick fucked her up on the ground.

It also beat her horizontal dragon kick which is supposed to have a good hit box, clean.

Never mind things like. Under tridashing all over the screen or tiptoe coming in everywhere. That character was struggle

If they added two different V-Triggers this game would be ten times better.

And made the existing ones better and comboable of course.

Imo adding things like vtriggers or vskills will barely change in most cases. This game need more fundamental changes.

Extra vtriggers especially if implemented with expected capcom touch, will have the same impact as that story mode they spent two months working on and pushed out to little fanfare

XenoRaven

Naah.. I think he is 99% going to just be some jobber like Birdie. Really doubt he is going to get strong enough to beat Guy,Chun Li and Balrog.

Am predicting Abigail story mode will tease some new FF main villain and he is just going to job for him while meeting some other chars.

Zekus entry is curious though , Dont know if he will be involved in a FF Story arc or something related to illuminati/Shadoloo. Even Guy in previous games seemed to be the only FF character who gets involved in both.
Birdie beats Chun-Li in his character story, at least enough for him to be able to escape from her... on foot.

My PC runs on hopes and dreams. I would need to upgrade my current one drastically since looking at a 30 second Youtube video causes it to hum like a vacuum cleaner.

There's a cool youtube channel called low spec gamer that shows how to get modern games running on toasters. I hope he does an episode on KI.

even basic things like Nagoya wind kick fucked her up on the ground.

It also beat her horizontal dragon kick which is supposed to have a good hit box, clean.

Never mind things like. Under tridashing all over the screen or tiptoe coming in everywhere. That character was struggle

Imo adding things like vtriggers or vskills will barely change in most cases. This game need more fundamental changes.

Extra vtriggers especially if implemented with expected capcom touch, will have the same impact as that story mode they spent two months working on and pushed out to little fanfare

Well, it would be a fundamental change, wouldn't it be? That depends on how the triggers are used. See, they SHOULD allow an avenue to diversify your character and play them differently. Like, imagine if Akuma players could use the parry more often without fear of the white health. It's not a necessity, but now you can use that sucker to parry stuff more often, if you like. And there's still R/R since Akuma is paper thin. Or what if Bison had another trigger that straight up let him do something completely different, so that it's not useless against people who don't have a fireball?

From a defensive standpoint, yeah, things need to change. It's too much of a snowballing when someone gets the upper hand. But like FADC, V-stuff needs to be the flavor, and that shit isn't constant enough with most of the cast. It should be the seasoning, but most of it is kinda rare.

More things need to change beyond that, though. New moves and stuff would freshen up the game as well.

VariantX

People saying SF4 looks better than SF5 in that thread, lmao.

Bizarro world.

SF4 started to look like ass real quick even before SFV was a thing next to games like TTT2, SCV, DOA5, GGXRD, and Blazblue. People were saying how SFIII still looked better and alot of things were lost in the translation to 3D. Not to mention how chunky everyone looked in that game compared to SFV, who itself has some muscular characters themselves don't seem to look as bad and that could be due to the slightly less exaggerated proportions the characters have now.

ArjanN

I just wish she didn't feel so slow and fortress like. I felt I could do and move more as Sagat and he moved like molasses

I really like Poison, but if they bring her back I hope they change up the moveset because she was too straighfforward.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
The GOAT Stage

a37c29807cdf91d9cd76642fb7883dac--street-fighter-alpha--fighting-games.jpg

How can you call it GAOT when it lack Rolento?

I jest. If it have Haggar then it's GOAT by default.

I always like to see Final Fight stages in Street Fighter games because it's always delight to see them still alive, unlike some franchises.

sephi22

Sidekick? Comic relief? Are you on drugs?
I don't remember Guy doing anything relevant besides trying to recruit Cody to the good guys every time he escapes prison, losing, then just going back into the shadows like a little bitch. Cody gets women and is supposed to be sleeper god tier in canon, Haggar wrecks shit in Marvel vs Capcom. Dunno what purpose Guy serves besides being a character for anime watchers.

My SF lore is rusty though.

What? Guy took on Retsu and beat his ass clean. He defeated Rose at once point, Zeku, and a few other dudes. Bison straight up didn't want to fight him because he was going to blow up his plane and he saved Rose from some tomfoolery.

In terms of power, Guy is probably above Cody. He calls him a slouch in 4, indicating that he's not as sharp as he used to be. Cody is also nowhere near as strong people make him out to be - the Udon comics aren't canon, the throwaway line from Oni was stupid (and Oni gave a similar compliment to Gief IIRC), and Cody himself ends up doing nothing of worth after FF1 until FF Revenge, where he has to take drugs to be a strongman because of his knees.

Meanwhile Guy is a Yakuza boss but one of those good ones I guess.

sephi22

What? Guy took on Retsu and beat his ass clean.
That dude from SF1? Is he even somebody? Also, citation needed.

He defeated Rose at once point, Zeku, and a few other dudes.
All jobbers.

Bison straight up didn't want to fight him because he was going to blow up his plane and he saved Rose from some tomfoolery.
I mean Bison probably could body him but likes his plane too much. Don't know how canon SF4 endings are.

In terms of power, Guy is probably above Cody.
Hahahhahahahaaa. One guy summons hurricanes with his fists. The other runs fast in nikes and jumps real high.

When you start getting lore from Final Fight streetwise you know you're reaching.

Guy has a sick look, but he's such a nothing burger when it comes to story importance or personality. You guys just don't want to admit it. I hope with Zeku we get someone who actually gets shit done

Shadoken

I already told you guys he is on drugs , if you keep talking to him you will end up like this
image.php

What? Guy took on Retsu and beat his ass clean. He defeated Rose at once point, Zeku, and a few other dudes. Bison straight up didn't want to fight him because he was going to blow up his plane and he saved Rose from some tomfoolery.

In terms of power, Guy is probably above Cody. He calls him a slouch in 4, indicating that he's not as sharp as he used to be. Cody is also nowhere near as strong people make him out to be - the Udon comics aren't canon, the throwaway line from Oni was stupid (and Oni gave a similar compliment to Gief IIRC), and Cody himself ends up doing nothing of worth after FF1 until FF Revenge, where he has to take drugs to be a strongman because of his knees.

Add to that he beat Evil Ryu , Vega and Adon in the SF Alpha Manga.

Also beat Gen in Alpha 3 and Karin ( who actually challenged him because he is the Bushinryu Master).

Overall i'd say hes had a pretty decent run apart from the SFxT fiasco. But even there Him and Cody had their power levels scanned by Jack-X and its over 9000. which means they are at least as strong as Goku Vs Nappa battle... which means they can blow up the planet ... checkmate atheists.

Guy has a sick look, but he's such a nothing burger when it comes to story importance or personality. You guys just don't want to admit it. I hope with Zeku we get someone who actually gets shit done

By this logic , nobody has done anything. Since no game before SFV had a coherent Story mode.

lol I forgot about that 9000 joke. Nearly cringed myself to sleep that night.

That dude from SF1? Is he even somebody? Also, citation needed.

Oops, I meant Retu. And he wasn't there. My bad! But he was the one who beat Black in FF3. Which is better than fighting a wheelchair bound dude with a harpoon gun tbh.

All jobbers.

Zeku, maybe? But Rose is pretty powerful considering she's the other half of Bison.
I mean Bison probably could body him but likes his plane too much. Don't know how canon SF4 endings are.

Some are, some aren't. Bison wasn't confident that he could take on Guy fast enough to save his means of escape. While Bison probably COULD, it wouldn't be a walk in the park.

Hahahhahahahaaa. One guy summons hurricanes with his fists. The other runs fast in nikes and jumps real high.

That's not really the best logic considering hurricanes are more impressive that little ki balls yet Ryu and the other demi-gods are stronger than Cody.

When you start getting lore from Final Fight streetwise you know you're reaching.

It's literally canon though. Not saying FFS is good or anything, but it's officially in the story line.

Eh, if it wasn't for Guy, Rose would have died twice. He's not super important, but he's done more stuff with the main cast than Cody has.

Even though I'm all for S2 having new peeps, Abigail is real hard to muster any hype towards. I could do without any more big Final Fight bruiser types in Street Fighter.

mbpm1

I hope Season 3 gives some love to undertreated characters

For example, give Ken a Kara throw, or perhaps giving Mika a teleport, or Gief a command dash

DunpealD

I hope Season 3 gives some love to undertreated characters

For example, give Ken a Kara throw, or perhaps giving Mika a teleport, or Gief a command dash

Make F.A.N.G. a 2 button character with 2 normals, 2 command normals, 2 specials, 2 supers, 2 V-Skills, 2 V-Triggers, 2 jumps and 2 EX bars.

EDIT: And let him take 2 character slots.

I really hope the S3 rumored list is true. It has a few goodies on it.
I doubt it. Not sure how reliable the guy is, but Flowtron, the guy who was talking about this season's characters as far back as October, mentioned on Eventhubs that Sagat and Sakura are in next season, and the other 4 aren't. Of course, grain of salt and all that, but he seems legit enough to me.

Top Bottom